Agilent Technologies Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2014.

After submital and review of my resume I received a call indicating further interest and a request for a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for one hour and the questions covered a variety of subjects that tested my knowledge, creativity and problem solving. Approximately one week later I was called and asked to an 'on-site' interview.
A few days prior to the scheduled on-site interview I received a call asking me to prepare a 15 minute presentation on one of my previous projects. (The job was for an 'experienced' engineer so I believe that the presentation requirement would not be for a new graduate position.) The presentation request 'call' provided only a few details regarding the intent of the presentation but indicated that I would receive an email shortly with the official presentation request. No email was ever sent; the day before the on-site interview I had to email and call persons I thought could get me the official email or additional requirements. I did get through to the hiring manager. He was gracious and provided me some additional direction concerning the presentation. I was able to put together a presentation with little time for review or changes.
The on-site interview went well, I met with each of the hiring managers team. Each team member had a specific area of knowledge to cover ( approx. 1 hr each). Each member of the team was very professional and I felt comfortable with each of them.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question concerned the relationship between statistical characteristics of sample size, mean and standard deviation and how a change in one might affect the others. I think lost in the example was whether the original small 'sample' size indicated, reflected the entire population or if the population was quite large. In addition the process used to select the sample affects the resulting characteristics of mean and standard deviation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Agilent Technologies

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Agilent Technologies in November 2009.

Full day interview process, with a variety of testing.

Interview Questions
    • Went over full thermodynamics, controls, electrical, and materials questions.   Answer Question