Agilent Technologies

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – I applied online at Agilent.com. I received an email from the recruiter and he passed my resume on to the hiring manager. The hiring manager aranged a phone interview with me that was very pleasant. My next interview was with one of the senior engineers of the group. It was challenging, but also very pleasant. My final interview was with 5 people, 4 engineers and another manager. Some of the questions and tasks were challenging, but most of it I did good on. I think I could have done better, but my enthusiasm for the position helped. Prepare for your interview by reviewing your coarse work and relax. Be enthusiastic and confident about your skills. Finally, be honest on your resume and don't say you know something if you don't. They will test you on your resume and if you can't do what you say, you won't be hired. All of the people that interviewed me were very friendly and fair.

Interview Question – I can't give away company questions, but some logic questions were asked and I was asked to design a couple of simple algorithyms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. The offer was very generous.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – First step was in person behaviorial interview then a technical interview over the phone.

Interview Question – What is the difference between little and big endian?   Answer Question

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in June 2008.

Interview Details – First, there's a phone interview. This was done using NetMetting with a shared workspace so the interviewer can watch you code. Next was an onsite interview.

The interview starts with a 30 minute presentation to be given in front of the entire interview team, including the hiring manager and each person who will interview you throughout the day. After that are 5 one-on-one, one hour interviews with an informal lunch in the middle.

Interview Question – I was asked the night before to give the 30 minute presentation. This is a normal part of the process, except for the short notice. Evidently, the hiring manager forgot to tell me until then, but I luckily had one nearly ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They gave me only 1 week instead of the standard 2 weeks.

Colorado City, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was called my recruiter. It was a resume walk through. But majorly he was asking C++ questions. Constructor , Destructor and virutal functions.

Interview Question – Base class and derived class pointer array   View Answer

Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Involves mostly technical programming questions and also background inquiries about previous employments, experiences and skill sets gained, education and family.
Should be easy as long as positive attitude and good communication skills are shown.
For technical questions, objective answers are given as a choice but upon answering, justifications and reasoning are needed to show your comprehensions on each topics.

Interview Question – Technical questions can be tricky with justification expected for each answers given.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Agilent Technologies.

Interview Details – Talked to someone at a career fair. Basic questions: will you require a visa & would you be willing to relocate to Santa Rosa? Was asked a lot of basic programming questions: difference between hash table and linked list, what is inheritance, what are the benefits of OO programming, hashing algorithm, list 3 types of data structures, etc. He also asked questions about electromagnetic waves and rf but I didn't know any of those. Some questions about why I want to work at Agilent and what I know about their products. Had a follow up interview the next day with more problem solving questions like how would you store a million phone numbers.

Interview Question – Explain the method you would use to store a million phone numbers.   Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in September 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews, both technical, interviewed about C/C++ coding questions, software development life cycle

Interview Question – Academic questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate much

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details – To make a quality decision it is necessary to get as much quality data as possible. View your list of questions as the starting point. Each question should generate many probing questions. The purpose of your probing questions is to get more and better information.You need your interview questions prepared in advance if you are going to be effective.

Interview Question – You need your interview questions prepared in advance if you are going to be effective.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in March 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview and then one to one. You should be good technically to get the job.

Interview Question – Explain your experience with software engineering   View Answer

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Agilent Technologies in August 2007.

Interview Details – ask question according to your resume

Interview Question – does your company use STL?   Answer Question

Worked for Agilent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!