Agilex Technologies

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.9

Senior UI Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agilex Technologies in November 2014.

One recruiter for Agilex reached out to me through LinkedIn. I had a little back and forth with him via email, and then spoke with him on the phone once. I was then later put in touch with another recruiter for Agilex. The guy called me one day and never even introduced himself by name. From speaking with him I deduced that he would be the recruiter I would work with further for the interview process.

The guy asked me a few weak technical questions for screening purposes and that was it. I then later heard back from this guy via phone call at around 7:30pm a day or two later to discuss a good time to have a phone interview with one of the project managers. 7:30pm being so late at night, I asked the recruiter to email me and I'd get back in touch with him. Part of the reason I told him to send me an email was so I could get his name! Two days later, he wrote me with a vague message. But I was able to gather that he wanted times that would be best for the call with the PM, especially considering the 7:30pm late-night call a day or two prior. Two days later, I had my phone call with the PM - the recruiter was supposed to be on the call as well, and sure enough he couldn't make it!!! The PM was a nice guy, but never asked me very detailed questions. You could tell from the conversation the guy knew what he wanted, but he never really wanted me to cite examples or discuss flow of anything in JavaScript/jQuery, anything about HTML, CSS, or any of the rest of my background. I think he was just curious to know if I was able to hold a conversation.

After 30 minutes, the call ended well with the PM. The PM told me prior to hanging up that there were other PM's within Agilex that were looking for someone to fill similar positions, and I should hear from them shortly. I assumed shortly referred to the next 5 or 10 minutes? Never did receive another call that day. Anyways, I then heard back from the recruiter 2 days later. When the recruiter wrote back, he told me that they wanted to schedule an in-person interview at Agilex with 2 PM's. The in-person was a week later. I show up on time, and sure enough, after checking in with the receptionist it took the recruiter about 10 minutes to meet me.

The recruiter then brought me to the small conference room where there were two PM's. Turned out one of the PM's was a last second addition. No problem. The other of the two PM's in the room was one of the two that was scheduled to meet with me. We start talking, and about 10 minutes into our Q and A one of the other PM's that was scheduled to be in the room finally arrived. The interview continued.... very few in-depth technical questions were asked. They really wanted to know if I had used AJAX before, if I knew what JSON was, REST services, etc. The interview with the 3 PM's was more of a behavioral exam as if they were studying my reactions and how I would answer questions. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. I perhaps said a couple wrong things here and there (it was 1.25 hours, and I don't plan and practice the answer to each and every possible question they could potentially ask), but the interview went incredibly well I felt. At the end of the interview we made our parting remarks, and they told me that the recruiter would be back in touch with me.

7 days after the interview I wrote the recruiter and asked about the status. No response. 10 days after the interview, I wrote the recruiter asking about an update, and again no response. I wrote again yesterday, two weeks after the interview and sure enough no response. My email yesterday asked whether I should keep Agilex on my list of companies to consider, or to remove from my list for consideration. In the end, with no response it became obvious that interviewing with Agilex was a huge waste of my time.

I hope the recruiter gets a nice promotion for being a pain to work with. I've dealt with run-around situations with companies in the past, but this was a true pain in the rear.

Mobile Developer Interview

The entire interview process was pleasant and straight forward. The recruiter was very polite and helpful through email. The process consisted of a screening and two interviews with senior members. The employees I spoke to there all had positive things to say about the company. I enjoyed the tour of the facility as it appeared to be an excellent work environment, especially after their renovations.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions too challenging. If you have java/objective c experience, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agilex Technologies.

Process took a couple of weeks. There was a phone interview and then select on site interviews (about 2 40 minute interviews for the on site). Questions were very nontechnical - just a couple regarding coding simple functions and OO design. One of the interviews was completely behavioral. Some people got a mix between technical and behavioral and some got only behavioral. Not sure how they distinguished this or how it played into their decision making at the end. But be prepared for both.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do with your life?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilex Technologies in June 2014.

Too many layers. No correlation between recruiters. Asked good Architect questions. Unprofessional management. Asked about the Agile process in whole interview even I have little experience/not scrum master/job skill required are java, uml, SOA

Lead QA Automation Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Agilex Technologies in May 2014.

It took few weeks for Agilex to arrrange for an interview after applying online. The interview process was fairly simple. 3 people interviewed with similar background. The questions were fairly simple. But at the end they asked you to write a program for a real life situation.

Interview Questions
    • Writing pseudo code for a real customer problem being worked at Agilex.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Agilex Technologies.

The people were great. Had a brief first interview and it was mainly a conversation. Second Interview was more technical, but still conversation based. It wasn't too challenging or scary, just make sure that you know what you are talking about and you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Really didn't ask difficult questions, mainly wanted to see if I was a fit for the culture of the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agilex Technologies.

I was contacted by a recruiter about what was described to me as a "Java Developer" position. I answered some questions for her over the phone, then had a phone screening, and finally a face-to-face interview. At the interview, I learned that the job did not actually have anything to do with Java, but rather JavaScript. I did not receive any feedback after the interview, and messages asking for some follow up went ignored.

Interview Questions
    • Various JavaScript questions (again, was told I would be asked about Java)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Agilex Technologies in December 2013.

Process was very fast. No phone screen. They brought me right in. Was surprised they didn't show me around at all. Just want right into a conference room for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for a detailed technical interview. They asked very specific high-level Java questions.   Answer Question

Personal reasons that had nothing to do with the job itself. Seems like a fine place to work. The offer was reasonable. Benefits seems pretty good.

Software Engineer, Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Agilex Technologies in November 2013.

On campus interview, heard back immediately. Brought on site and heard back with an offer immediately (within 24 hours). Easy interviews. Campus interview was behavioral with one technical coding question (pseudo code works fine). On site was just behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Coding question. Very straight forward if you have any coding background. Nothing too crazy   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Agilex Technologies.

One phone interview, one face-to-face (1 hour or less). I've done some tough interviews before, but the interview felt very easy. Questions are generally open-ended. It felt more like a conversation I would have at a conference than an interview. Be prepared to write code on the board, but the code should be very simple if you know what you're doing.

Interview Questions
    They were open to negotiation