Agoda Interview Questions

2.5

Marketing Interview

interview process was a very detailed one, and there were exams such reasoning and personality tests which were conducted online, the tests were increasing in difficulty - make sure you select the correct answer before 3 second are remaining on the timer or the test may not recognize your click

Interview Questions
    • The online exams were similar to entrance exams to graduate school.   Answer Question

Senior Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Agoda in September 2012.

I was asked to come for two interviews and I travelled two round trips of 1600km in total. But the interview experience was very bad. After first interview where I told them abt my salary expectation etc, they asked me to take an online aptitude test which took 3 hrs. In the second interview they told me I did very well in that aptitude test but can only offer me a salary that is 40% lower than my current salary. Which i found preposterous. If they cant afgord to pay me my salary they shouldnt call me for tge 2nd interview. I swore will never usetheir service again.

Salary too low

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Agoda in May 2011.

I was introduced to Agoda via a recruiter. The recruiter gave me a job description of the opening and I felt that it was not purely a "business development" role. Rather, it looked like there was a heavy technology element to it. Still, given my background in market facing roles such as sales, marketing and business development, I agreed to meet the company. I arrived at the firm's offices in central Bangkok and I was immediately asked to fill out a standard job application form that requested most of the same information that was in my resume. Then, I was escorted to a small meeting room to wait for my interviewer, but after a few minutes, someone else asked me to move to another meeting room because that room was needed for something else... Eventually, my interviewer, the line manager, showed up and mentioned that he did not have a copy of my resume. No worries; I always bring along extras. Thereafter, I got the sense that the line manager lacked highly developed interview skills and then the clarified job description seemed to be quite different from what I was briefed by the recruiter. There seemed to be a disconnect somewhere. Still, I thought that the meeting was not a negative experience, but I did get to see the inner sanctum of Agoda with people sitting in cramped conditions "shoulder to shoulder". I was assured that the firm was expanding its offices to new space on other floors in the same building. In any event, I was not disappointed that I did not get a call back for further interviews. The place had the air of a start up, but not so well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience using business development software or tools.   View Answer

Worked for Agoda? Contribute to the Community!