Agrium Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.3

Co-Op Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Agrium.

I applied online and the Agrium HR department contacted me through email. They scheduled my interview with the department's manager. The interview went well and all the questions were based on behavior and working environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with anyone at your previous work place?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Agrium.

phone screen with HR and the engineering team. i passed that with flying colors and was flown out to lovely ID. that is when it was apparent that they didnt expect their number one candidate to be a person of color. number two, the HR lady made it evident that the two members had been out drinking and fishing. i had to laugh at that. they tried their best to appear open, but i could see through it. the questions were general problem solving questions, questions about my military background etc. it was at lunch when they rushed out nearly leaving me in the process! the HR lady was like "hurry you better catch them?" really?! what a professional comment! and yes i was being sarcastic. i realized that this wasnt a fit, not to mention how the waitress in the diner was reacting to me. honestly i dont think the HR lady was happy there either. she made the comment that she wasnt from around that area.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions per se, except the question about "what did you like most about the military?"   Answer Question

Class "A" CDL/HAZMAT Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Agrium in April 2013.

There really was no interview. The hiring mananger, after looking over my qualifications, asked me to come in and meet him. he said the main purpose for that was to see if I looked like I could handle the job.My qualifications and records spoke for themselves. What he and other company personel stated that finding a Class"A" CDL driver with a HAZMAT endorsement and a spotless record was not that easy to find. They felt fortunate to have found one.

Sales Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Agrium.

I received an email for a phone interview, which was standard. It was a conference call with recruiter and 2 supervisors of the Denver office. The interview was in depth regarding my experience and behavioral questions and took about 1 hour. I was then invited to fly out for a face to face interview which they financed as I had not yet moved. It was a 3:1 interview and was mostly a recap of the phone interview. I was given a tour as well. One week later, I received notice that while I performed very well, they went with someone local.

Interview Questions
    • Tellme about a time when your idea or work was not successful. Why was it unsuccessful? What did you do?   Answer Question

Inventory Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Agrium in October 2012.

I received a call from a recruiter who saw my resume on monster.com. She said she thought I would be a great fit at the company so I decided to interview for the position. The interview was a breeze, and the interviewrs had few questions for me. I had to poke and prod them to ask me more about myself, while telling them at the same time as well. Received a call with an offer later that same day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the accounting process during which a product is bought and sold. (i.e.) which accts. to credit and debit.   View Answer
    No negotiation for salary

IT Help Desk/Desktop Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Agrium in April 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a position that was contract to hire, but the contract couldn't be guaranteed past 6 months as their IT was re-organizing.
    I explained that I would still be interrested even though I am currently employed full time. My strategy was to take the 6 months and work toward my A+ Certification and then if there wasn't a spot for me in the company, at least the certification would open other doors for me. The salary was fair and was more than I am currently making. The first interview was a phone screen by the recruiters; asking about my background, why i was planning to leave my current job, ETC. I explined that I am in a positive position, but feel like I've reached a plateau with my current employer. I was looking to grow and find another company to have longevity with. They liked my resume and submitted me for the position. I got called for an interview almost within a week and interviewed with the manager over the Help desk and a person who would be my co-worker. we seemed to hit it off and discovered that we knew a lot of the same people and former companies we've worked for! Enjoyed the conversation very much and made it a point to say so to the recruiter who had me send thank you e-mails to the folks I interviewed with. The next week I had another interview with the director if IT and another person who also started the IT dept. for Agrium AT. both were very interrested in my experience as an implementor for a cloud-based ticketing tool since they were using Spiceworks and not very happy with it. I offered my knowledge and explained my situation and they seemed to be very impressed with my work ethic and that I was well-spoken.
    They were worried that I was over-qualified for the position but i also assured them that once committed, I would be willing to do what it takes to stay with the company and hopefully earn a spot in their IT Dept. after 6 months.
    Both interviews lasted more than an hour as all parties were intrigued (I believe) by the ideas I had and the level of detail and maturity I was at.
    A week later I was called by the recruiter and told that I didn't get the job, but it was for one of the best darn reasons he's ever heard of; they stated that they considered me a valuable asset and wanted to first get their IT department in order and see if I was then available in 6 months for an even better position. (of course none of this was guaranteed, but they seemed genuinely impressed and made it a point to say so.) the person who beat me out was unemployed and used to working contracts, I believe this is why I was passed over.

Interview Questions
    • What does "Accountability" mean to you?   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Agrium in February 2012.

There were 2 interviews each one was with 3 different people. I found it to be an easy process and the questions focused more on my people and problem solving skills and less on technical questions. Each interview lasted 45 min to an hour and was very relaxed. I felt relaxed and more like they were conversations.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult of unexpected questions. It was strange that there were no technical questions at all.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation they made a firm offer. I wish I had pushed a little to increase vacation time and salary after finding out raises are so low.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Agrium in March 2011.

Initial Interview was behavioral, followed by a full day of interviews with different directors at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give me five qualities that make you stand out?   View Answer

Benefit Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Agrium in August 2010.

Initially, I applied online and then had a group interview with the hiring manager for the position and another manager in the HR department. The interview was pretty standard (tell us about your work experience, have you ... or how would you do ...). The atmosphere was relaxed and both managers were personable and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview I was asked if I would be interested in another position they had open that I had not applied for.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate at all (other people have successfully but this was not something I felt comfortable doing at the time).

Design Drafter/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soda Springs, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soda Springs, ID

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Agrium in June 2010.

A short phone interview and then a 30 minute interview in person.