AgustaWestland Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.8

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AgustaWestland (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I came in expecting an HR kind of interview based on what some people (not who I set the interview up with) told me before my interview, but it was a technical engineering interview so I wasn't as prepared as I could have been. They asked me questions I knew the answer to, but not off the top of my head with no preparation so that didn't go well. I was then given a tour of the facility and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of what I was expecting out of the first few years of my career.   Answer Question

Interview

At the time, in early May 2014, I was still serving in the Army and was attending a function known as Quad-A (Army Aviation Association of America) which was in Nashville, TN. I remember going to this event to pass out resumes as I was getting close to my discharge date. I was stunned when I saw Agusta with a booth in the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Job Fair as I drove past their building all the time to play Ice Hockey when back home.

After waiting for over 10 minutes for the 4 Agusta personnel (2 H/R & 2 Display Booth) to stop talking to one another (Which should have been my first clue), I was apologized to and greeted warmly. We had a very long conversation ranging from my experiences in the Army, to my qualifications, to whether I had my A&P, to benefits packages, to where and when I was planning to move once I relocated back. All in all, it was about a 45 minute conversation and seemed to go extremely well. At the end I was told by L (Since I don't want to violate the rules of the site by posting her name) to call her directly, and/or e-mail once I had returned and was set up; which after our conversation we both knew would be around the second week in July 2014. I was still under contract with the Army for a couple more weeks but at that time would be free to discuss options without any contractual issues for them. With a Cheshire cat smile and a hand shake from L, and handshakes from the other 3 Augusta members, I was told by L that we would have a sit down chat in Philadelphia and would discuss more specifics at that time. I remember my friend saying "Well, looks like you found your job."

I sent a thank you e-mail for their time later that night, and once I was settled back into Philadelphia in July I proceeded to call and e-mail L. After a week of no response I sent a second follow up email just in case I fat fingered something. Nothing. At the end of August I tried both a phone call and an e-mail one last time. Same. No response.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy, basic questions...background in Aviation, A&P, transportation to and from work   1 Answer

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AgustaWestland (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Somewhat informal and laid back. Not a highly technical job as a basic Avionics guy. Met with my future supervisor and director of operations, both 1v1. Received a brief tour and was asked mild questions by the HR rep, nothing about the process was difficult. The interview also didn't take too long. All in all it is a production facility that has very repetitive work, however, it is broken up into stages so you can move around and do different things during your stay.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what crimpers are? You do realize this is production work and it is very repetitive and you may get bored?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation stage was there, but I didn't have any leverage at the time. However, in my time here I have heard of more than a few people who did well in the negotiation stage.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cascina della Costa (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AgustaWestland (Cascina della Costa (Italy)) in June 2015.

Interview

You first need to send you cv through the website. Eventually you will be contacted for an assessment day which consists of two group interviews where you need to show off and demonstrate you can work with other people. Then there is a personal interview where you need to explain why you want to get hired. If these two steps are successful then you are invited to a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do I wanna join the company?
      What does differentiate me from the other candidates?
      What are the my strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AgustaWestland.

Interview

A minimum 2-step process, a first group interview (discussion of role-playing industry-related problem to be solved all together / a language test / a personality test / a discussion one-on-one with a recruiter), then technical interview/s if the first step is considered passed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular: they may ask you simple technical questions during technical interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was what it was, accept or decline

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Initial group assessment, then one stage with line managers

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Samarate (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AgustaWestland (Samarate (Italy)).

Interview

Sent CV by the website (spontaneous application), got contacted by phone for an assessment. The interview took place at the main office in Italy. The day schedule (9 a.m. - 17 p.m.) was the following: presentation of the company, rectruiting module to be compiled (same data of your CV), yours and other (ten) candidates presentation, group behaviour (two managerial problems with compromises to be found, plus a logical problem to be solved in group), Big Five Adjectives Test, easy English test (fill the blanks), lunch offered by the company, individual interviews in the afternoon. Questions in the last interview: how was your day at Agusta, your background (why engineering, your experiences...), what would you like to do in Agusta (which activities, e.g. R&D, etc), illustration of vacancies for you according to your curriculum, why should they hire you (which are your qualities?) and finally if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• When they propose you a specific position according to their vacancies   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yeovil, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AgustaWestland (Yeovil, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Standard application form. No aptitude tests prior to interview. Individual and group exercises (random order). Spelling test, logic test, memory test (cards revealed on computer, then related questions). Group exercise. Afternoon session if successful - presentation and individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience
      Expectations for scheme
      Current degree knowledge
      Departmental preferences

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set wages, timescales etc