Aimco Apartment Homes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.6

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was referred by a family friend. He brought me in to interview with two Directors. I interviewed with both at the same time. By the end of the day I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

One fairly short phone interview with a company recruiter, and one in person interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview took 15 minutes or less. The in-person meeting took about 30 minutes, and was conducted with lots of open ended questions. The interviewer was very open and welcoming, and the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to confront a difficult situation with a coworker, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes in April 2015.

Interview

Panel type of interview. Interviewed with RVP & RM. They were both very nice and personable. Asked me questions regarding previous difficult and positive experiences. Told me a lot about Aimco and where they have been and the goals that they have in place. They are constantly growing. One thing that stood out to me is the growth opportunity available for current employees. 2 thirds of promotions are internal.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult resident.   Answer Question

Resident Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very bad. After years of waitingI got a call from a very nice HR woman who equipped you to succeed for the interview. Very pleasant to e-mail and speak with her. She was very on point. I arrived to the interview on time only to wait an hour before being seen then the interview lasted a quick 20 minutes because he had other things to take care of. Good interviewer and quick to the point. However, No one knew I were to be interviewed. Greatly short staffed while I was there. It was chaotic around the office. Concierges seem to be the only ones who seem consistent and calm in running things. AIMCO never followed up after the interview even though I have. I sent a thank you e-mail and never got a response back. Yes, my resume would be very qualified for the position. Said they would send an e-mail to follow up but didn't.

Customer Contact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

The first contact was by email reply and a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter followed by a group interview with the managers of various areas of the Shared Service Center. The group interview included 9 candidates.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes.

Interview

Initial call was very good but what they end up doing is looking for people who are over qualified and pay them minimum telling them that after 6 months you will be promoted which is not true. They also will ask you if you are comfortable with a 35 hour schedule. Another way to keep you pay check low. If you are not close to the property you will not be hired. They ask why do you want to work with Aimco, the best answer is I was looking for a company that I could grow with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Leasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received call from company recruiter 1 week later. Initial interview set up for 3 days later. Called back in for interview with 2 operating managers next day. Received positive feedback from both 1st interview and recruiter. I was told decision would be made within a week. I contacted the recruiter after a week and was told they would decide in yet another week. This happened 2 more times. Finally received notice from the recruiter that the position had been filled internally.....however, it was not. The new hire is in my Linked in network connections, and shows a recent start date and a different employer the month before.

Interview Questions

• You have seen the building and operations. What would you improve?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a fantastic interview with a Regional Manager that was on site one of the properties and we talked for 1.5 hours.. everything from industry experience to the portfolio at hand and even personal attributes. After that interview... I knew I just developed a fantastic relationship!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very timely and prompt. I had a total of three interviews that were concluded in one week and the next week I received a conditional offer.

Interview Questions

• If you could be anything you wanted no matter the pay, what would you be?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aimco Apartment Homes.

Interview

I had just considered searching for another opportunity but had not yet begun my search when I received a call from my connection at Aimco. I was contacted by someone I worked with previously who now worked at Aimco. The position presented sounded very interesting and I had previous experience in the same field.

Interview Questions

• The questions were expected and the interviews went very well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was pleased with the overall compensation package.