Aimia

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

Marketing Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aimia in June 2014.

I was contacted by a retained search agency. There were two telephone interviews with the headhunter and one in person interview with the hiring manager from the company. The process took two weeks, and was pleasant throughout. It's hard to tell if the reason they gave me for not proceeding was the "real" reason or not (I get that companies have to be careful about potential litigation). But if their reason - that I had great applicable experience, but no experience in the exact role that they were recruiting for - was the actual one, it seems that they might have reached that conclusion earlier in the process? At any rate, the people I met with were very pleasant and the company has genuine potential.

Travel/Participant Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aimia in March 2013.

I was initially contacted by someone from HR. I had a time set up. I was sent some preliminary paperwork/testing. It was nothing too challenging or taxing. I got to the office, was greeted, given a security badge and interviewed with the HR manager first. After speaking with her, I met and interviewed with two women from the department I was interviewing for. They were very friendly and relaxed. I did not feel the typical tension that an interview can create. I was called in for a second interview for another department. The procedure was the same minus the initial paperwork and the interview with HR. I had a third interview for a third position. I was called shortly after by HR and offered a position. I was sent an offer letter via email which I had to sign. When I came in for orientation, I had basic paperwork to complete (taxes, parking pass, profile for the website, etc) and then began my training.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to be in five years?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was offered an hourly rate with full benefits and I accepted.

Web Developer Interview

Very question and answer non technical interview about language technicalities and business strategies. No algos or anything too difficult. Annoying recruiters sometimes but it's not hard. Know WCF services.

Simple back and forth

Web Support Agent Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aimia.

I was hired through staffing agency. The agency called me and had me come in for training. After two week training, the supervisor offered me a job with the company.

no negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aimia.

I was contacted by Aimia People and Culture Team about a opening. A telephone interview was setup. I was then forwarded to another person for a 2nd telephone interview with the business and then forwarded for a face to face interview with the Dept Manager. Everyone was very friendly & very upfront. One of the best interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions was unexpected or difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aimia.

Long and drawn out process that lacked coordination between the recruiter and the company. The overall interview period lasted over 5 months and was very redundant in who I was interviewing with and how the decision would be made. On top of this I spent 6-8 hours completing a pyschometric analysis and IQ test.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for recent references from my existing employer and were surprised when I told them I would not feel comforable providing those as it would jeopardize my position. This despite the fact I had already provided them references from CEO, CTO and VP.   Answer Question
    Terrible, after accepting I resigned from my current postion and was prepared to start in 3 weeks. One day before I was to start they called and asked me to delay my start until they could finalize some paperwork. Two weeks later they called and told me they were withdrawing the employment agreement.

Product Development Intern Interview

Aimia did a very professional job when I went in to interview with them. I was able to tour the facility for about 15 minutes then sat down for an initial interview (30 minutes) and then moved on to a second interview. After this interview I sat down with previous interns and got to ask them about how their jobs are and then had one more quick interview which was more of a discussion with a passionate worker.

IT Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aimia in June 2012.

Three stages; telephone interview, face to face with line manager then face to face with line manager's manager / prospective colleagues.

Spent about an hour on the call with my manager, was then invited in for a more formal Q&A face to face with him which, again, lasted about an hour. Then invited back in to meet with his boss, followed by a chat with people I would be working alongside.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult; although I was unable to answer a very specific question about a specific development language I had not used for quite some time.   Answer Question
    A little bit slow but the communication was good; seemed to take a long time for the formal offer and contract to materialise which delayed my notice period a bit.

Graduate Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aimia in December 2011.

First round interview has two parts, the first one is job fit interview, typical questions. And second one is a SAS test, read codes, and tell the interviewer the purpose, and the possible results. Not hard, more likely to be a test of logical thinking ability. The second round interview is a case study interview. Some material are given before the interview to prepare, and need to do a presentation.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aimia in August 2010.

Interview process took place at HQ in Mississauga office with HR Generalist and Hiring Manager. The office encourages a business casual work place so its employees are happy. The Human Resources department has an open door policy and were incredibly welcoming. The interview was casual, and we were able to speak both on and off the record about opportunties both professionally and personally.

Interview Questions
    • The interview did not pose any unexpected or difficult questions. The company prefers to get to know it's potential successful candidate on a personal level. Questions related to business practices and software were standard for the job posting.   Answer Question
    The company salary ranges are lower than average. Ensure negiotations begin at the higher end of your expectancy range.