Aimia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aimia in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a retained search agency. There were two telephone interviews with the headhunter and one in person interview with the hiring manager from the company. The process took two weeks, and was pleasant throughout. It's hard to tell if the reason they gave me for not proceeding was the "real" reason or not (I get that companies have to be careful about potential litigation). But if their reason - that I had great applicable experience, but no experience in the exact role that they were recruiting for - was the actual one, it seems that they might have reached that conclusion earlier in the process? At any rate, the people I met with were very pleasant and the company has genuine potential.

Travel/Participant Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aimia (Dayton, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by someone from HR. I had a time set up. I was sent some preliminary paperwork/testing. It was nothing too challenging or taxing. I got to the office, was greeted, given a security badge and interviewed with the HR manager first. After speaking with her, I met and interviewed with two women from the department I was interviewing for. They were very friendly and relaxed. I did not feel the typical tension that an interview can create. I was called in for a second interview for another department. The procedure was the same minus the initial paperwork and the interview with HR. I had a third interview for a third position. I was called shortly after by HR and offered a position. I was sent an offer letter via email which I had to sign. When I came in for orientation, I had basic paperwork to complete (taxes, parking pass, profile for the website, etc) and then began my training.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered an hourly rate with full benefits and I accepted.

BILINGUAL CUSTOMER RETENTION AGENT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aimia.

Interview

first there is a company presentation followed by a short interview and filling out a paper. next skype interview scheduled with supervisor from montreal and toronto, next is an online examination, finally there is a credit check, criminal and reference check external company that is hired and once you are cleared they make a final decision

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Very question and answer non technical interview about language technicalities and business strategies. No algos or anything too difficult. Annoying recruiters sometimes but it's not hard. Know WCF services.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple back and forth

Web Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aimia.

Interview

I was hired through staffing agency. The agency called me and had me come in for training. After two week training, the supervisor offered me a job with the company.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aimia (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was contacted by Aimia People and Culture Team about a opening. A telephone interview was setup. I was then forwarded to another person for a 2nd telephone interview with the business and then forwarded for a face to face interview with the Dept Manager. Everyone was very friendly & very upfront. One of the best interview experience.

Interview Questions

• none of the questions was unexpected or difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aimia (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview with manager and director was quite okay. They were very polite, willing to listen and will not put interviewees into difficulties.They asked questions that are easy to answer. They were very friendly during the interview process

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose this company?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aimia.

Interview

Long and drawn out process that lacked coordination between the recruiter and the company. The overall interview period lasted over 5 months and was very redundant in who I was interviewing with and how the decision would be made. On top of this I spent 6-8 hours completing a pyschometric analysis and IQ test.

Interview Questions

• They asked for recent references from my existing employer and were surprised when I told them I would not feel comforable providing those as it would jeopardize my position. This despite the fact I had already provided them references from CEO, CTO and VP.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Terrible, after accepting I resigned from my current postion and was prepared to start in 3 weeks. One day before I was to start they called and asked me to delay my start until they could finalize some paperwork. Two weeks later they called and told me they were withdrawing the employment agreement.

Interview

Aimia did a very professional job when I went in to interview with them. I was able to tour the facility for about 15 minutes then sat down for an initial interview (30 minutes) and then moved on to a second interview. After this interview I sat down with previous interns and got to ask them about how their jobs are and then had one more quick interview which was more of a discussion with a passionate worker.

IT Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aimia (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Three stages; telephone interview, face to face with line manager then face to face with line manager's manager / prospective colleagues.

Spent about an hour on the call with my manager, was then invited in for a more formal Q&A face to face with him which, again, lasted about an hour. Then invited back in to meet with his boss, followed by a chat with people I would be working alongside.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult; although I was unable to answer a very specific question about a specific development language I had not used for quite some time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little bit slow but the communication was good; seemed to take a long time for the formal offer and contract to materialise which delayed my notice period a bit.