Air Canada Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

I applied for the position knowing that a recruitment booth would be set up at my school. After applying online, I visited the station that they had set up, and they conducted a short interview on the spot, asking basic questions and conducting a preliminary language assessment. Because of this, I did not go through a phone interview as other candidates did. A few days later, I was invited to the recruitment day via email. The interviewing process is very chaotic and lengthy (scheduled for 4 hours); all the applicants are held in one room while waiting for their interviews. There is first a one on one interview, followed by more waiting, then a group interview where a scenario is given and the group must come up with a solution. After that, if everything goes well, a medical assessment will be scheduled. In my experience, this occurred within the week. A few days after the medical, I was allotted a time slot for a French language assessment, which happens over the phone. This I found most difficult, as you are immediately greeted with fluent french! This interview/assessment was the last step before I got an offer approximately 2-3 weeks later, just under 2 weeks prior to training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance in which you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Sales and Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received telephone interview on 2nd day, only asked simple questions, asked me about my education and previous working experience. The day after telephone interview, received call to set up the language tests, 3 language tests were arranged, I only completed Mandarin and still waiting for English and Cantonese.

Customer Sales and Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Air Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, it was about a month after when they called me for a phone interview which I didn't expect. The lady asked some typical interview questions and explained the hiring process. Another HR guy called to arrange for language evaluation over the phone in the following days. The language testing was basically a Q&A to get to know you and how you respond to typical interview questions in the language they're testing you in.
    Two days after the language tests, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview at AC's office. After interviewing with the HR rep, you then meet the manager who explains more about the job and the compensation. After that you do a role play where she is a customer calling in as you would be in a call centre. Got the job a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Air Canada?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time your boss came to you and asked you to change the way you worked. How did it work out?   Answer Question

CSSA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

So far in the process I have had the first phone interview, completed the online pre screening evaluation and done the bilingual assessment on the phone where I was told that it went very very well. I completed these steps last week but have not heard anything back yet about the next step.

Interview Questions

• I was asked simple questions in the bilingual portion. They did half in English and half in French. Things like what did you study in school, where do you work or where did you work, and what are your hobbies. It's basically a conversation so that they can see how fluent you are I. The language.   Answer Question

CSSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Air Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 25 minutes interview on the phone. I was given all the information about the job description. And ask about why I apply for that position? Where did I work before that is related to this position.
    Waiting for the language part of the interview.

Bilingual Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Air Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

First I got a phone call in which the HR Agent asked general questions about my work experience.
    Then I had to do an online test. Then I had two interviews, one in the English and the other one in the second language that I spoke. The interviews literally just last for not more than 3 minutes because they just wanted to see how fluent I spoke both languages.
    The following day I had a face-to-face interview. Also this interview just last about 10 minutes.
    After that I had to wait for 2 weeks. I unfortunately got rejected although in the email and also in the language testing interview it was mentioned that the interview went very well. Their employer branding is not very good. It was never mentioned who the person was I was having an interview with and also the Interviewer Lady was not very professional and just reading the information regarding the position as well as the interview questions down from a sheet of paper. I generally don't find it nice that they do not tell you why you got rejected because this way you don't get a chance to work on your weaknesses. However, to sum it up, the interview process was not difficult. It also involved a very short role play in which the interviewer played an upset customer and you have to tell her that she cannot be upgraded to a first class passenger unless she pays an additional amount.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Air Canada?What was your last professional experience?   1 Answer

Customer Sale and Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Air Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

A guy from a company called IBM called me on the phone for a screening. he was nice professional and asked simple questions. then he said that one of his coworker will call to set a date for the language tests.
    the language test was easy, just about your hobbies, plans for the weekend and why you want to work there.
    couple of days after i was called from the same company (IBM) to set a date for my face to face interview at air Canada premises. the interview was two phases:

phase 1: you meet with the an HR person and she reads questions from a sheet in a robot style way she is trying to look professional but she is totally not. i would say she watched a clip on youtube about how to interview and she is trying to apply it.

Phase 2: was with one of the call center manager. she asked me to tell here more about my self and that was it. she spoke in a very strong quebecois accent and gave me face expressions that she is having hard time trying to understand my french.

they said that i will know the result after a couple of days but i called them after a week and they told me that i wasn't among the lucky ones

Interview Questions

• are you able to work on weekends, Christmas, and night-shifts?   1 Answer

CSSA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview

Quick response time to each phone interview then went for in person and had to wait a while but easy laid back interview. Pretty well just questions about how you handle certain situations then a little scenario to play out with the interviewer

Got different job

Reservations Agent Interview

Interview

Phone interview, standard tests and questions regarding customer questions . Irate clients and company. The interview went well they were friendly with clear questions. Asked about willingness to work shifts, week ends and holidays

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorval, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Air Canada (Dorval, QC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview first. A week later HR and manager interview but as alot of companies these days, if they don't get back to you, it means you didn't get picked. Message to HR, please have the decency to get back to people rapidly if they don't get selected.