Air Canada

30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Sale and Service Agent Interview

Customer Sale and Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Air Canada in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on a friday - was called soon after and they conducted a casual phone interview which went on for about 15 minutes. They asked me about myself, if I spoke any other languages (I do - English and French) and other casual questions about my education. After the conversation, I was told I passed that "round" and was scheduled for a language assessment for the next day (Saturday). The language assessment was fine - I was asked open-ended questions about my life (education, upbringing, parents etc). The next assessment was an online test - there were various questions about airport codes, geography, math, and other general customer service related questions. The one on one interview was just like a normal interview.

Interview Question – During the language assessment, my interviewer abruptly switched from english to french and it threw me off a little.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Air Canada

Interview Details – It was a very long hiring process
Starts with a quick phone interview,
then from there they will email you giving you an interview.
the interview its self was a between 2-5 hours, depending on how lucky you were.
1st - a presentation
2nd- endless waiting till your number is called (yes number, they give them out at the start)
3rd- 1 on 1 interview
4th- Group interview, with 4 other applicants, which you solve a problem
5th- Schedule a medical

A lot of people do not make it to the medical phase, some not even to the group interview, but just smile a lot and keep upbeat.

The interview process itself took FAR TO LONG, and is really a waste of time unless you're a 100% into the job.

6th- You get an email saying you've been selected for training, they give you less then a week to pack/ find a place to live, a ride and do anything else you need to do before moving away to Montreal for a month

Interview Question – What type of people do you not work well with?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in April 2010.

Interview Details – First interview will be like 3 questions, something like "What is the role of a flight attendant?"
Always look professional, SMILE

2nd interview: You will be tested on your languages (must speaks 2)
3rd interview will be a psychological tests, group tests (To see how you work in a team) and one on one interview This will be a 8 hour day.
If chosen you will be called for a medical test, if you pass you are in.
Get ready for a VERY intense training (6-8 weeks) all on safety. Lots to study.

Interview Question – What is the most important rule/policy in a company and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no room for negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews

First was a phone interview with someone from HR
Second I met with the actual hiring manager
Third I was called back for the last round. It was with the hiring manager and his colleague.
Clear process and they were honest about the situation.

Interview Question – None.
Very straightforward questions.
Typical HR/personality questions.
  Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – Air Canada did not originally hire me. I was from another component. We merged.

Customer Sale and Service Agent Interview

Customer Sale and Service Agent
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, two language tests, face to face interview with the typical behavior question, like 6 or 7. The last question was about a scenario one about baggages at check in.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you work under a lot of stress.   View Answer

CSSA Interview

CSSA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1st basic phone interview 2nd language test 3rd face to face

Interview Question – they have a sheet of questions they are going to ask all basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Station Attendant Interview

Station Attendant

Interviewed at Air Canada

Interview Details – Applied online, took an online test, had a face to face interview and then was asked for a medical test. Still waiting on the response.

Interview Question – A task you had to do which needed to be rectified.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – Initial contact is to request a time or a telephone interview. This is a preliminary interview in which the HR person screens for salary mismatch, language competency.

Interview Question – Salary requirement   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Air Canada in May 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was a short phone interview. Literally only about 10 mins with some very basic interview questions to ensure you are customer service oriented and fit the minimum qualifications.

Second interview was much more involved. You are herded into a room of 300 or more other interviewees, fill out paperwork, and sit in a room of rows and rows of chairs, facing a projector screen at the front. Upper management did a short presentation about the new airline we were interviewing for, Rouge, as it had not launched yet, followed by a presentation about the reality of the position (pay, working schedules/conditions, seniority and vacation time, etc.). Then the process began. You wait in the big holding room (it's a good idea to show that you're social by chatting with other interviewees) until you are called in for your 1-on-1 interview. I went through the full 3 steps of the interview and there were still many people who hadn't been called into the first step yet, so be patient and ready to spend all day there if necessary. So if you make it through the 1-on-1, which involves basic interview questions, character/personality questions, and experience-related questions (and a language test if you speak another language, I don't), then you go back to the holding room and wait to be called for step 2 - which is a group scenario interview. If you get to step 2, be prepared to work well with others and problem solve. You and 3-5 others are brought before 3 or 4 upper management and asked to first choose as a group a 'head flight attendant' and then work together to figure out how to deal with basically a 'worst flight ever' scenario. My group worked really well and all made it through to the third step of the interview process. You go back to the holding room until they call you again into another room with another small group. There you read and (if you agree to the terms) sign some paperwork and are given an appointment for the final interview, which is actually the physical. If at any point you don't make it through any of these steps, and/or if you make it all the way to the end and get a physical appointment, you are escorted out through a back door.

The final, third part of the process is the physical. You go through all the expected tests - ear pressure, hearing, drug screen, basic vitals etc. etc. If you are in good health condition, and test negative in the screen, you are sent on your merry way. You will get a call with an offer when the upper management put you in an open position.

Interview Question – "What is your greatest fault?" (follow-up question to "What is your greatest skill?")   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Spoke to some current Air Canada flight attendants. I wasn't comfortable with the lifestyle that went with the job. For example, you will rarely if ever get holidays off until you acquire some seniority (could take years), you will be required to work many days in a row with little rest or down time before you are on another crazy schedule again.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Air Canada

Worked for Air Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Air Canada interview questions and advice in Canada. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Air Canada employees and interview candidates.