Air Canada

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Air Canada

Interview Details – It was a very long hiring process
Starts with a quick phone interview,
then from there they will email you giving you an interview.
the interview its self was a between 2-5 hours, depending on how lucky you were.
1st - a presentation
2nd- endless waiting till your number is called (yes number, they give them out at the start)
3rd- 1 on 1 interview
4th- Group interview, with 4 other applicants, which you solve a problem
5th- Schedule a medical

A lot of people do not make it to the medical phase, some not even to the group interview, but just smile a lot and keep upbeat.

The interview process itself took FAR TO LONG, and is really a waste of time unless you're a 100% into the job.

6th- You get an email saying you've been selected for training, they give you less then a week to pack/ find a place to live, a ride and do anything else you need to do before moving away to Montreal for a month

Interview Question – What type of people do you not work well with?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in April 2010.

Interview Details – First interview will be like 3 questions, something like "What is the role of a flight attendant?"
Always look professional, SMILE

2nd interview: You will be tested on your languages (must speaks 2)
3rd interview will be a psychological tests, group tests (To see how you work in a team) and one on one interview This will be a 8 hour day.
If chosen you will be called for a medical test, if you pass you are in.
Get ready for a VERY intense training (6-8 weeks) all on safety. Lots to study.

Interview Question – What is the most important rule/policy in a company and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no room for negotiation

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – Air Canada did not originally hire me. I was from another component. We merged.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Air Canada in May 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was a short phone interview. Literally only about 10 mins with some very basic interview questions to ensure you are customer service oriented and fit the minimum qualifications.

Second interview was much more involved. You are herded into a room of 300 or more other interviewees, fill out paperwork, and sit in a room of rows and rows of chairs, facing a projector screen at the front. Upper management did a short presentation about the new airline we were interviewing for, Rouge, as it had not launched yet, followed by a presentation about the reality of the position (pay, working schedules/conditions, seniority and vacation time, etc.). Then the process began. You wait in the big holding room (it's a good idea to show that you're social by chatting with other interviewees) until you are called in for your 1-on-1 interview. I went through the full 3 steps of the interview and there were still many people who hadn't been called into the first step yet, so be patient and ready to spend all day there if necessary. So if you make it through the 1-on-1, which involves basic interview questions, character/personality questions, and experience-related questions (and a language test if you speak another language, I don't), then you go back to the holding room and wait to be called for step 2 - which is a group scenario interview. If you get to step 2, be prepared to work well with others and problem solve. You and 3-5 others are brought before 3 or 4 upper management and asked to first choose as a group a 'head flight attendant' and then work together to figure out how to deal with basically a 'worst flight ever' scenario. My group worked really well and all made it through to the third step of the interview process. You go back to the holding room until they call you again into another room with another small group. There you read and (if you agree to the terms) sign some paperwork and are given an appointment for the final interview, which is actually the physical. If at any point you don't make it through any of these steps, and/or if you make it all the way to the end and get a physical appointment, you are escorted out through a back door.

The final, third part of the process is the physical. You go through all the expected tests - ear pressure, hearing, drug screen, basic vitals etc. etc. If you are in good health condition, and test negative in the screen, you are sent on your merry way. You will get a call with an offer when the upper management put you in an open position.

Interview Question – "What is your greatest fault?" (follow-up question to "What is your greatest skill?")   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Spoke to some current Air Canada flight attendants. I wasn't comfortable with the lifestyle that went with the job. For example, you will rarely if ever get holidays off until you acquire some seniority (could take years), you will be required to work many days in a row with little rest or down time before you are on another crazy schedule again.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – 1st interview: 10-15 minutes of one-on-one interview, then language test
2nd interview: group interview, personality test and 1 hour one-on-one interview
3rd : full medical test

Interview Question – Tell me about a problem you faced and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in December 2012.

Interview Details – Many steps - first phone interview, then one-on-one face interview, then personality test, then language test (French and English spoken only), then medical exam (drug test, vision, blood, urine, hearing,etc.), then background check, then group interview, then phone call!

Interview Question – The group interview was the hardest. You have to talk over everyone to be heard and there were like 4 people awkwardly observing you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received another offer that showed a lot more potential for advancement.

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively quick. After the first interview, I was sent straight for the physical which was followed by the last behavioral interview. The first interview was a filtering process whereas the last one mainly assessed who is a team player and who is a leader. We were asked to act in a hypothetical situation in a team comprised by other candidates while we were observed by 4 people from their HR.

Interview Question – All questions are related to one's customer service experience, behavioral reactions in case of quick decision making and crisis and interaction with other team members. Nothing difficult or unexpected. If one has any type of experience in the hospitality industry, will have no difficulties answering the questions.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – 1) Apply Online
2) Phone Interview - 15 minutes
3) Face-to-face interview

Interview Question – Give an example of a decision you had to make under stress or pressure.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Air Canada in January 2011.

Interview Details – Tell me about a time when... You disagreed with a policy at work, how did you handle it? You were faced with a crisis at work You were recognized by you peers for outstanding performance. The questions are centered around Team-work, customer service and general personality.

Interview Question – Tell me about a customer Service Experience   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Air Canada in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1) 10-15 min 1:1 interview
2) language test
3) setting appointment for second interview.

Second Interview:
a) personality test
b) 1:1 interview
c) group interview
d) setting appointment for medical test

Interview Question – What kind of team were you ever part of? And how did you contribute to that team?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Air Canada

Worked for Air Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Air Canada Flight Attendant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Air Canada employees and interview candidates.