Air Canada Interview Questions

2.9

Customer Service Agent - Airport - Part Time Permanent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Air Canada in July 2014.

Applied in Mid June. Received a call from the recruiter in Montreal one week later. He was very personable and kind. Even gave me interview tips and tips on the testing. Not a typical recruiter. Was emailed a 103 question personality test and skill assessment (HEAVY emphasis on currency and Airport codes) the same day. ]

Was scheduled for an in-person interview about a week later. The hiring manager seemed very distant and made little eye contact. He also sat back in his chair with his leg crossed the entire time. I had to ask his name because he never introduced himself. Before I sat, he made it clear that "this is an informal process". But I still remained professional and gave the interview my all.

Interview went well, based on what I'm used to from a professional standpoint. Sent thank you letter. Heard nothing. Called recruiter a week later and he was out on vacation. When he was due to return, still heard nothing. Called recruiter again and was advised he'd call me back because he was on the the line with a candidate. He never called back.

Six weeks later, got the impersonal reject email.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Air Canada.

I got a call from the hiring manager to have an interview in Montreal. The interview was quite extensive. The first part was an excel type question/quiz. It had 4 questions, but you had to write why you came to the conclusions that you did. Then it was followed by a math test. After this was the first round of interviews with the hiring manager and another director from a different team. After this was just a meeting with the director of the group and just a chat about your past experience. Then it was back to one more round of interviews with the hiring manager. Then I flew back right after this.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe is the optimal load factor?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Air Canada in November 2013.

Left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing vis-a-vis Talent Acquisition Department run by IBM and the Station Manager at the airport. Had fabulous interviews with both. Weeks passed. I had to call to find out whether the job was filled or not.

Interview Questions
    • "Knowing that this is union position, how would you handle witnessing another employee doing something that is against company policy?"   Answer Question

Customer Sale and Service Agent Interview

I still in process waiting for HR to call! I believe the whole interview process in around 2 weeks..... first phone call is just ask for a basic question. Then another call foe set up a language test. After language test I'll have to wait until the actual final face to face interview

Station Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Canada.

I applied online, next day got a call from Montreal's office. Interview took15 min, some difficult questions were asked, (if you achieved any goals, how was a work situation rectified etc ), he also switched to french..(no problem, i speak french and other languages, am multilingual). Next day I did an online test they emailed me. I did it in 18 minutes(30min test, math and logic) Next day they called me for face to face interview to be held in 5 days. During interview, they were impressed with my resume..I was possibly overqualified..traveled extensively, supervisor. I do sports and am in great shape, so i would not have trouble working in any weather. 2 days later i got a general email..that they selected candidates that met their 'criteria' (who knows what they are) and 'do not reply to email'. I Felt i wasted my time..

Aeronautical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Air Canada in August 2014.

Received an email asking me to call an HR person (Montreal) to set up a telephone interview. We did the telephone interview and I didn't hear anything back for 2 weeks. Two weeks later I get a call saying two hiring managers + a local HR person (Toronto) want to meet with me in person. Upon arrival for the interview, I was about 5-10 minutes early and had to wait for the next candidate to finish. About 20 minutes after my scheduled interview time I was escorted up to the meeting room. The HR person asked the majority of the questions with most of them being non-job specific (handling stress, time where I made a successful decision, where I made a difference, disagreement with co-worker, etc). The hiring managers asked me a few questions which gave me a feel for the position. Considering the job description, I felt the questions were not in-line with what I had expected. They asked me about experience with doing payroll, scheduling employees, and if I had experience with web-design and computer programming languages. I applied for a position that was described as being aviation-related and the knowledge/qualifications did not mention a requirement to know web-design and programming languages. As I was not prepared (nor do I have experience with these things) for this type of question I had to be honest and say I didn't have experience with that. At the end, the two managers did not appear to be impressed and didn't really say much before the HR person took me off to write a short test. The test was a mix of aviation related questions and MS Office related questions. It was quite easy and I know I did well on it.

Interview Questions
    • If I have experience with web-design, database building or programming languages.   View Answer

Customer Sale and Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Air Canada in May 2014.

Applied online on a friday - was called soon after and they conducted a casual phone interview which went on for about 15 minutes. They asked me about myself, if I spoke any other languages (I do - English and French) and other casual questions about my education. After the conversation, I was told I passed that "round" and was scheduled for a language assessment for the next day (Saturday). The language assessment was fine - I was asked open-ended questions about my life (education, upbringing, parents etc). The next assessment was an online test - there were various questions about airport codes, geography, math, and other general customer service related questions. The one on one interview was just like a normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • During the language assessment, my interviewer abruptly switched from english to french and it threw me off a little.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

It was a very long hiring process
    Starts with a quick phone interview,
    then from there they will email you giving you an interview.
    the interview its self was a between 2-5 hours, depending on how lucky you were.
    1st - a presentation
    2nd- endless waiting till your number is called (yes number, they give them out at the start)
    3rd- 1 on 1 interview
    4th- Group interview, with 4 other applicants, which you solve a problem
    5th- Schedule a medical

A lot of people do not make it to the medical phase, some not even to the group interview, but just smile a lot and keep upbeat.

The interview process itself took FAR TO LONG, and is really a waste of time unless you're a 100% into the job.

6th- You get an email saying you've been selected for training, they give you less then a week to pack/ find a place to live, a ride and do anything else you need to do before moving away to Montreal for a month

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Air Canada.

3 rounds of interviews

First was a phone interview with someone from HR
    Second I met with the actual hiring manager
    Third I was called back for the last round. It was with the hiring manager and his colleague.
    Clear process and they were honest about the situation.

Interview Questions
    • None.
      Very straightforward questions.
      Typical HR/personality questions.
        Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Air Canada.

Air Canada did not originally hire me. I was from another component. We merged.