Air Canada Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Air Canada.

I got a call from the hiring manager to have an interview in Montreal. The interview was quite extensive. The first part was an excel type question/quiz. It had 4 questions, but you had to write why you came to the conclusions that you did. Then it was followed by a math test. After this was the first round of interviews with the hiring manager and another director from a different team. After this was just a meeting with the director of the group and just a chat about your past experience. Then it was back to one more round of interviews with the hiring manager. Then I flew back right after this.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe is the optimal load factor?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate

Customer Service Agent Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Canada in November 2013.

Left hand didn't seem to know what the right hand was doing vis-a-vis Talent Acquisition Department run by IBM and the Station Manager at the airport. Had fabulous interviews with both. Weeks passed. I had to call to find out whether the job was filled or not.

Interview Questions
    • "Knowing that this is union position, how would you handle witnessing another employee doing something that is against company policy?"   Answer Question

Customer Sale and Service Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Air Canada in May 2014.

Applied online on a friday - was called soon after and they conducted a casual phone interview which went on for about 15 minutes. They asked me about myself, if I spoke any other languages (I do - English and French) and other casual questions about my education. After the conversation, I was told I passed that "round" and was scheduled for a language assessment for the next day (Saturday). The language assessment was fine - I was asked open-ended questions about my life (education, upbringing, parents etc). The next assessment was an online test - there were various questions about airport codes, geography, math, and other general customer service related questions. The one on one interview was just like a normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • During the language assessment, my interviewer abruptly switched from english to french and it threw me off a little.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

It was a very long hiring process
    Starts with a quick phone interview,
    then from there they will email you giving you an interview.
    the interview its self was a between 2-5 hours, depending on how lucky you were.
    1st - a presentation
    2nd- endless waiting till your number is called (yes number, they give them out at the start)
    3rd- 1 on 1 interview
    4th- Group interview, with 4 other applicants, which you solve a problem
    5th- Schedule a medical

A lot of people do not make it to the medical phase, some not even to the group interview, but just smile a lot and keep upbeat.

The interview process itself took FAR TO LONG, and is really a waste of time unless you're a 100% into the job.

6th- You get an email saying you've been selected for training, they give you less then a week to pack/ find a place to live, a ride and do anything else you need to do before moving away to Montreal for a month

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in April 2010.

First interview will be like 3 questions, something like "What is the role of a flight attendant?"
    Always look professional, SMILE

2nd interview: You will be tested on your languages (must speaks 2)
    3rd interview will be a psychological tests, group tests (To see how you work in a team) and one on one interview This will be a 8 hour day.
    If chosen you will be called for a medical test, if you pass you are in.
    Get ready for a VERY intense training (6-8 weeks) all on safety. Lots to study.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important rule/policy in a company and why?   View Answer
    there is no room for negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Air Canada.

3 rounds of interviews

First was a phone interview with someone from HR
    Second I met with the actual hiring manager
    Third I was called back for the last round. It was with the hiring manager and his colleague.
    Clear process and they were honest about the situation.

Interview Questions
    • None.
      Very straightforward questions.
      Typical HR/personality questions.
        Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada.

Air Canada did not originally hire me. I was from another component. We merged.

Customer Sale and Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in November 2013.

Phone interview, two language tests, face to face interview with the typical behavior question, like 6 or 7. The last question was about a scenario one about baggages at check in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you work under a lot of stress.   View Answer

CSSA Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in November 2013.

1st basic phone interview 2nd language test 3rd face to face

Interview Questions
    • they have a sheet of questions they are going to ask all basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Station Attendant Interview

Applied online, took an online test, had a face to face interview and then was asked for a medical test. Still waiting on the response.

Interview Questions

Worked for Air Canada? Contribute to the Community!