Air Canada Interview Questions in Montreal, QC

Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.7

CSSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Air Canada in February 2015.

I had 25 minutes interview on the phone. I was given all the information about the job description. And ask about why I apply for that position? Where did I work before that is related to this position.
    Waiting for the language part of the interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorval, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Dorval, QC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Air Canada in December 2014.

Telephone interview first. A week later HR and manager interview but as alot of companies these days, if they don't get back to you, it means you didn't get picked. Message to HR, please have the decency to get back to people rapidly if they don't get selected.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Air Canada.

3 rounds of interviews

First was a phone interview with someone from HR
    Second I met with the actual hiring manager
    Third I was called back for the last round. It was with the hiring manager and his colleague.
    Clear process and they were honest about the situation.

Interview Questions
    • None.
      Very straightforward questions.
      Typical HR/personality questions.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Air Canada.

Applied online and got a phone interview 3 weeks later. Phone interview consists of basic HR questions. Just sound passionate about your work really. Followed by an in person interview 1 week later. There are 3 AC employees present; the HR person, your new potential manager and a colleague. Have examples and situations you have dealt with. 1 week later they will let you know if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There is a small test at the end. Really specific to the job description.   View Answer
    You cannot really negotiate as they have a pay scale in the company.

Call Centre- Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Air Canada in February 2013.

Sent my application online (their website). Within two weeks or so on a Wednesday I receive a call from a hiring agency representing Air Canada. She asked me a few general questions such as if I am still available, if I have ever worked in a call cente and if I knew french. She then asked me a question in French. She told me that I must be available basically 24/7 because of their working shifts as that can change. She then told me there will be another lady calling me in a few minutes just to hear how fluently I can speak in French and English. About an HOUR later, another lady calls me and tells me that her pc has a problem so another lady will be calling tomorrow at X time. On Thursday, a lady called right on time and starts asking me a few questions about my experiences in the work field. There are no right or wrong answers it's just to see how well you can speak in both languages. After about 10 minutes she tells me someone else will be calling to let me know on how it went. The next Wednesday, a man calls me and tells me he has good news and that I will be having an interview with Air Canada which includes an exam based on flight situations, cities, provinces and airport codes. The guy freaked me out and told me I have to know ALL major Canadian city codes and a few international ones (didn't say which). On Friday I receive a call from another agent asking me if everything is okay and if I have any questions concerning the exam or interview. I was like no thanks it's all good (in my head: give me the answers to all the questions!) The interview was held on Monday. I looked over airport codes but didn't learn them all which is quite challenging and impossible for me. And thank God I didn't . The codes were on the exam- you just have to associate them with the questions. A few situation questions where all answers were in the question. Just take your time reading don't skip any word. I got everything right. It was time for the interview with an assistant manager who was the one asking me questions such as 'what would you do if you have an aggressive client' and she also told me to 'sell me this marker' to see what I would say. She seemed extremely satisfied with my answers and told me to wait a few minutes in order to meet the head-manager. When I met her, she was surprised on how 'young' and 'mature' I am and seemed pretty exited. After a comfortable conversation on how Air Canada is a great Airline, she told me I will be receiving a phone call from them in a few days. She added it will be a short one (with a smile). 2 Weeks and a half later I receive a phone call but was unable to answer so I called back and it was the hiring agency, I left them a message since no one answered. I then checked my e-mail which looked like a philosophy short-essay basically saying 'you have not been hired'. All of this for 11.23 an hour, must be available to work in shifts which you cannot predict and waiting for a feedback (barely sleeping just thinking about receiving the phone call) for 2 weeks and a half then saying no. Amazing!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Air Canada in December 2012.

Many steps - first phone interview, then one-on-one face interview, then personality test, then language test (French and English spoken only), then medical exam (drug test, vision, blood, urine, hearing,etc.), then background check, then group interview, then phone call!

Interview Questions
    • The group interview was the hardest. You have to talk over everyone to be heard and there were like 4 people awkwardly observing you.   View Answer

I received another offer that showed a lot more potential for advancement.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Air Canada.

Interview panel consisting of 2 to 3 people