Air Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews

First was a phone interview with someone from HR
Second I met with the actual hiring manager
Third I was called back for the last round. It was with the hiring manager and his colleague.
Clear process and they were honest about the situation.

Interview Question – None.
Very straightforward questions.
Typical HR/personality questions.
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone interview 3 weeks later. Phone interview consists of basic HR questions. Just sound passionate about your work really. Followed by an in person interview 1 week later. There are 3 AC employees present; the HR person, your new potential manager and a colleague. Have examples and situations you have dealt with. 1 week later they will let you know if you got the job.

Interview Question – There is a small test at the end. Really specific to the job description.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You cannot really negotiate as they have a pay scale in the company.

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in December 2012.

Interview Details – Many steps - first phone interview, then one-on-one face interview, then personality test, then language test (French and English spoken only), then medical exam (drug test, vision, blood, urine, hearing,etc.), then background check, then group interview, then phone call!

Interview Question – The group interview was the hardest. You have to talk over everyone to be heard and there were like 4 people awkwardly observing you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received another offer that showed a lot more potential for advancement.

Call Centre- Customer Service Interview

Call Centre- Customer Service
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Canada in February 2013.

Interview Details – Sent my application online (their website). Within two weeks or so on a Wednesday I receive a call from a hiring agency representing Air Canada. She asked me a few general questions such as if I am still available, if I have ever worked in a call cente and if I knew french. She then asked me a question in French. She told me that I must be available basically 24/7 because of their working shifts as that can change. She then told me there will be another lady calling me in a few minutes just to hear how fluently I can speak in French and English. About an HOUR later, another lady calls me and tells me that her pc has a problem so another lady will be calling tomorrow at X time. On Thursday, a lady called right on time and starts asking me a few questions about my experiences in the work field. There are no right or wrong answers it's just to see how well you can speak in both languages. After about 10 minutes she tells me someone else will be calling to let me know on how it went. The next Wednesday, a man calls me and tells me he has good news and that I will be having an interview with Air Canada which includes an exam based on flight situations, cities, provinces and airport codes. The guy freaked me out and told me I have to know ALL major Canadian city codes and a few international ones (didn't say which). On Friday I receive a call from another agent asking me if everything is okay and if I have any questions concerning the exam or interview. I was like no thanks it's all good (in my head: give me the answers to all the questions!) The interview was held on Monday. I looked over airport codes but didn't learn them all which is quite challenging and impossible for me. And thank God I didn't . The codes were on the exam- you just have to associate them with the questions. A few situation questions where all answers were in the question. Just take your time reading don't skip any word. I got everything right. It was time for the interview with an assistant manager who was the one asking me questions such as 'what would you do if you have an aggressive client' and she also told me to 'sell me this marker' to see what I would say. She seemed extremely satisfied with my answers and told me to wait a few minutes in order to meet the head-manager. When I met her, she was surprised on how 'young' and 'mature' I am and seemed pretty exited. After a comfortable conversation on how Air Canada is a great Airline, she told me I will be receiving a phone call from them in a few days. She added it will be a short one (with a smile). 2 Weeks and a half later I receive a phone call but was unable to answer so I called back and it was the hiring agency, I left them a message since no one answered. I then checked my e-mail which looked like a philosophy short-essay basically saying 'you have not been hired'. All of this for 11.23 an hour, must be available to work in shifts which you cannot predict and waiting for a feedback (barely sleeping just thinking about receiving the phone call) for 2 weeks and a half then saying no. Amazing!

Interview Question – Sell me this marker!   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Air Canada.

Interview Details – Interview panel consisting of 2 to 3 people

Negotiation Details – non exixtant

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Air Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Air Canada interview questions and advice in Montreal, QC. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Air Canada employees and interview candidates.