Air France

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jamaica, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air France.

Interview Details – 1st Phone Interview
2nd Assessment Test
3rd One on one Interview
 -first you'll take the same assessment test over again
-then they review all answers and start eliminating people from there
-then the remaining people left are giving an overview of the company and benefits offered.
-then you meet with the HR person and the passenger service manager

Interview Question – It's your standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Administrative and Budget Assistant Interview

Administrative and Budget Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Air France.

Interview Details – I was hired as a passenger Service Agent in March 2008. We were given a 20 questions' test prior to be selected for the interview. The interview was conducted by one manager and a member of the Human Ressources department. I served in few departments of the company and applied to the position of Administrative and Budget Assistant in 2012.

Interview Question – I was not prepared to play the role of a checking agent facing a demanding customer.   Answer Question

Jamaica, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Air France.

Interview Details – You must apply online through craigslist. A week after, expect a phone call from HR. The company will set you up for a group interview where you will have to complete a IQ test and after the exam you might get chosen to complete a one on one interview.

Interview Question – Your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air France.

Interview Details – Application on the web site. Contacted by HR. on site tests ( IQ, logics). Interview with Hr+ hiring manager.

Interview Question – Regular interview questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. There is a salary grid.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dulles, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Air France in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online thru there website, was given a phone interview then called in for an interview and was given a IQ test first and then a one on one interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle a guest who paid first class for their tkt and the flight was cancelled and they needed to reach their destination on time?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Shift work

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Air France in December 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews conducted the same day. First interview included 2 regional sales managers one from Air France and one from Delta and an AF H.R.. representative. Basic interview: experience, knowledge, goals, etc. Second interview conducted later in the same day with 2 sales VP one from Delta and one from Air France. This interview used the STAR method (behavioral interviewing) Both interviews were professional although very long and strenuous.

Interview Question – Describe a time on any job that you held in which you were faced with problems or stresses that tested your coping skills.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Air France in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with passenger service manager and human resources representative - general questions about people handling skills. Questions about prior personal experience.

Wonderlic tests were performed online prior to interview as part of selection for interview.

Standard questions like 'why an airline,' 'why us,' and 'what do you bring as a PSA'

Process:
-online application
-online test
-in person interview in the city
-two weeks training

Interview Question – What brings you to AF?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Air France in June 2008.

Interview Details – I apllied online through the company's website. The online application consisted of an intelligence test. After I submitted my answers, I received an email a few days later from someone in the HR department. The email provided a link for another online test, which I completed. After taking the second test, I received a phone call from the company to set up an interview. The interview consisted of another intelligence test and a 2:1 interview.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult situation with co-workers? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a set hourly wage.

Passenger Service Agent JFK Airport Interview

Passenger Service Agent JFK Airport
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Air France in March 2010.

Interview Details – After a phone interview that was nothing unusual, I was invited to take part in a hiring event at the airport. It was supposed to last two days, but due to threat of a large snowstorm, it was condensed into one day. We were sent an email prior to the event with information including the fact that we would be disqualified if we didn't arrive on time.

Despite leaving very early, I was stuck on a delayed Air Train for 45 minutes, and I arrived five minutes late. I had to ring the bell and be let in. Not a good start. Somebody else arrived 15 minutes later fortunately.

There was a brief talk and a few questions and then a timed skills test was given. Most did not complete all the questions, but you had to keep moving and not waste a lot of time on any one question. Several did not pass and were asked to leave in a manner that must have been very embarrassing for them.

We were then given hours and hours to have lunch in an airport terminal with not much to do.

After returning, there were individual interviews. Most had to wait hours for their interview, since they were one at a time and there were about 20 people. I was asked lots of those tiresome questions about what I did in hypothtical situations that I never really experienced. The interviewers were unfriendly, cold and somewhat unpleasant but not really rude. They kept glancing meaningfully at each other leaving me to wonder what I did wrong.

I left feeling I didn't do well and I didn't get a job offer. It's probably a blessing in disguise, since the job paid insultingly low and expected you to work shifts at weird hours and wear a cheap looking uniform.

Interview Questions

• questions about what you would do with in various situations with difficult customers   View Answer
  • questions about why you wanted this job   View Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Air France in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interviewer makes it clear that you're expected to obey instructions without question and accept the fact that if you're not male, French and from a prominent family you're more of an inconvenient necessity than a valued employee.

Interview Question – What scheduling problems do you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They name a figure. You can either take it or forget the job.

Worked for Air France? Contribute to the Community!