Air France

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Air France in November 2014.

Applied online, had to take an assessment test which if you pass you receive an email inviting you to a group interview which for me I got two weeks later after applying. First interview I was unable to make so I guess you can say I faked. Two weeks later got a phone call asking me to come in for a interview the next day at SFO. It was about 10 of us which we then had to do another assessment test. I'm guessing to make sure it was you who took it. We had 8mins to answer as many as we could and get them right. After that we had to wait while they went over it and if we passed we would stay for a interview. My name was called first which I didn't pass, I don't know how I passed the online one in 8mins but couldn't pass the 12min almost same test. A little while after bumped into some of the people asking did I pass which they then said they didn't pass either. Now I see why they called me back after I didn't go to the first interview, seem like not enough people are passing the test plus the interview afterwards. It was a fun interview because while we waited for the results we got a chance to talk and laugh. Even with out passing the test over all good experience and I will apply again in three months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Air France in October 2014.

Was contacted by HR after I passed the IQ test by and was invited for an interview after answering some of her questions. Went to to interview, took all day (be ready to pay the full day $28 airport parking).
    10 of us were in the room and after the 2nd IQ test 5 got eliminated.
    Then we got the 1/2 interviews one at the time. The HR person, the Passenger Service Manager and the Director of Operations were in the room. Very unfriendly interviewer. I got to talk to the other candidates and I was the only one French or able to speak French. I was told when I left the interview " we will let you know on Thurday". I never received a phone call of an email. I sent a thank you note since she is the only one and let her know I had not received a response yet....it's been 2 weeks now. Not even a courtesy "no".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air France.

1st Phone Interview
    2nd Assessment Test
    3rd One on one Interview
     -first you'll take the same assessment test over again
    -then they review all answers and start eliminating people from there
    -then the remaining people left are giving an overview of the company and benefits offered.
    -then you meet with the HR person and the passenger service manager

Administrative and Budget Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Air France.

I was hired as a passenger Service Agent in March 2008. We were given a 20 questions' test prior to be selected for the interview. The interview was conducted by one manager and a member of the Human Ressources department. I served in few departments of the company and applied to the position of Administrative and Budget Assistant in 2012.

Interview Questions
    • I was not prepared to play the role of a checking agent facing a demanding customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Air France.

You must apply online through craigslist. A week after, expect a phone call from HR. The company will set you up for a group interview where you will have to complete a IQ test and after the exam you might get chosen to complete a one on one interview.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Air France.

Application on the web site. Contacted by HR. on site tests ( IQ, logics). Interview with Hr+ hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Regular interview questions. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. There is a salary grid.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Air France in August 2011.

Applied online thru there website, was given a phone interview then called in for an interview and was given a IQ test first and then a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a guest who paid first class for their tkt and the flight was cancelled and they needed to reach their destination on time?   Answer Question

Shift work

Passenger Service Agent JFK Airport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Air France in March 2010.

After a phone interview that was nothing unusual, I was invited to take part in a hiring event at the airport. It was supposed to last two days, but due to threat of a large snowstorm, it was condensed into one day. We were sent an email prior to the event with information including the fact that we would be disqualified if we didn't arrive on time.

Despite leaving very early, I was stuck on a delayed Air Train for 45 minutes, and I arrived five minutes late. I had to ring the bell and be let in. Not a good start. Somebody else arrived 15 minutes later fortunately.

There was a brief talk and a few questions and then a timed skills test was given. Most did not complete all the questions, but you had to keep moving and not waste a lot of time on any one question. Several did not pass and were asked to leave in a manner that must have been very embarrassing for them.

We were then given hours and hours to have lunch in an airport terminal with not much to do.

After returning, there were individual interviews. Most had to wait hours for their interview, since they were one at a time and there were about 20 people. I was asked lots of those tiresome questions about what I did in hypothtical situations that I never really experienced. The interviewers were unfriendly, cold and somewhat unpleasant but not really rude. They kept glancing meaningfully at each other leaving me to wonder what I did wrong.

I left feeling I didn't do well and I didn't get a job offer. It's probably a blessing in disguise, since the job paid insultingly low and expected you to work shifts at weird hours and wear a cheap looking uniform.

Interview Questions
    • questions about what you would do with in various situations with difficult customers   View Answer
    • questions about why you wanted this job   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Air France in December 2009.

2 interviews conducted the same day. First interview included 2 regional sales managers one from Air France and one from Delta and an AF H.R.. representative. Basic interview: experience, knowledge, goals, etc. Second interview conducted later in the same day with 2 sales VP one from Delta and one from Air France. This interview used the STAR method (behavioral interviewing) Both interviews were professional although very long and strenuous.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time on any job that you held in which you were faced with problems or stresses that tested your coping skills.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Air France in January 2009.

Interview with passenger service manager and human resources representative - general questions about people handling skills. Questions about prior personal experience.

Wonderlic tests were performed online prior to interview as part of selection for interview.

Standard questions like 'why an airline,' 'why us,' and 'what do you bring as a PSA'

Process:
    -online application
    -online test
    -in person interview in the city
    -two weeks training