Air France

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Passenger Service Agent JFK Airport Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Air France in March 2010.

After a phone interview that was nothing unusual, I was invited to take part in a hiring event at the airport. It was supposed to last two days, but due to threat of a large snowstorm, it was condensed into one day. We were sent an email prior to the event with information including the fact that we would be disqualified if we didn't arrive on time.

Despite leaving very early, I was stuck on a delayed Air Train for 45 minutes, and I arrived five minutes late. I had to ring the bell and be let in. Not a good start. Somebody else arrived 15 minutes later fortunately.

There was a brief talk and a few questions and then a timed skills test was given. Most did not complete all the questions, but you had to keep moving and not waste a lot of time on any one question. Several did not pass and were asked to leave in a manner that must have been very embarrassing for them.

We were then given hours and hours to have lunch in an airport terminal with not much to do.

After returning, there were individual interviews. Most had to wait hours for their interview, since they were one at a time and there were about 20 people. I was asked lots of those tiresome questions about what I did in hypothtical situations that I never really experienced. The interviewers were unfriendly, cold and somewhat unpleasant but not really rude. They kept glancing meaningfully at each other leaving me to wonder what I did wrong.

I left feeling I didn't do well and I didn't get a job offer. It's probably a blessing in disguise, since the job paid insultingly low and expected you to work shifts at weird hours and wear a cheap looking uniform.

Interview Questions
  • questions about what you would do with in various situations with difficult customers   View Answer
  • questions about why you wanted this job   View Answer