Air Liquide Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide.

Talked to AL at a campus career fair and a networking dinner. Spoke with 3 of their Chemical Engineers and talked about their positions, the ALLEX program, and company culture. They all agreed that the best part about their job was the people that they worked with, and it seemed like a really relaxed company culture. Had a 1:1 interview with a lot of questions. Went through one round of interviews and then didn't hear back from them for 8 weeks (they told me it would be 4 weeks). With the offer, they said that I would not get a relocation bonus if my school was within 100 mi of my work location, and that I would not know my work location until the spring (after I would accept the offer).

Interview Questions

The pay they offered was $22.73/hour with no bonus, and I would not know my work location until the spring.

Other Interview Reviews for Air Liquide

Intern Interview

Went to my school's career fair and they were there. Interviewed the day after the fair. Interview process was like most and did not ask anything extraordinary. Asked situational character-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide in September 2014.

I went to an Engineering Networking Reception, Engineering Job Fair, and their presentation on 3 separate days, speaking with 3 of the 4 Engineers there; one of which interviewed me. Fantastic group of people. I was instantly hooked on their atmosphere and how down to earth they were. After the Presentation at 7:30PM I got a text to schedule an interview for 10:15AM the next morning. My interview went okay, but could have been much better with 8 hours of sleep. This was my first interview ever so I couldn't sleep the night before. I think I did well but I have no basis for comparison. I studied a few things about the company on their website, noted key points to go over, and came up with a few questions of my own to ask for the end of the interview. I enjoyed speaking to everyone I met and wish the absolute best for them whether I get the job or not. I met about 10 other companies/employers over those few days and I seemed to have a much more interpersonal connection with them as if I were more than just another ChE Major. I've yet to receive a response from them but am hopeful for one.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Name a time in which you failed to meet a deadline and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Air Liquide.

I applied and requested an interview through my University's recruiting system. My interview request was accepted. There was only one interview, with two people in the room--the actual interviewer and another person taking notes along side. Interview was quick and easy, basic questions. I asked when will the decision be made and when will I find out, and I was told within a week. I didn't get an email or any response until one month later that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward. Tell me about yourself. strength/weakness, challenge you faced, a time you worked with someone difficult, a time you were a leader.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Air Liquide.

Was a 1 on 1 interview, asked about 5-6 questions.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Air Liquide in February 2013.

On campus recruiter; attended mandatory info session. Interview was 30 minutes

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide in March 2014.

The person I would work with just explained the position and what will have to be done. Overall, there weren't any questions asked, nor was there some real inquiry on my skill level (which is understandable because everything is on Excel or on local programs so my skills did not matter that much).

Interview Questions
    No negociation, I wasn't supposed to be paid

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide in March 2013.

Only one round interview. I was recommended by a friend working there and she sent my resume to the HR. After a week, I got the interview by email. And I was interviewed by HR and manager. A week later, I got the intern offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to balance study and intern. If intern conflicted with study, how to handle it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Air Liquide in June 2012.

just a phone interview, got the offer after 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation, fixed intern policies

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Air Liquide in May 2012.

1-hour interview in local office. Chronological detailing of my resume, along with standard behavioral questions. Very laid back company, was interviewed by two HR consultants. Did half the interview in english and the other half in french. I heard back and got an offer two days later. Company paid for my flight and housing during the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Situational problem where I had to think on my feet, and describe my thought process to an unforeseen plant problem.   Answer Question