Air Liquide Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

ALLEX Engineer Interview

Applied through University career fair. Spoke with the company at the career fair and they reviewed resume on the spot. First interview was the next day. Second round was two weeks later. It included an on-site plant tour, dinner with current ALLEX members, and then four 45-minute interviews with four different Air Liquide employees

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to prioritize. Walk me through your process.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide.

Dropped resume through college career center, visited during career fair, went to info session, had interview. Interview was great, walked through my resume and a couple easy behavioral questions. 30 minutes scheduled and went over by about 10 minutes. I received an email 3 weeks later with an offer.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide in October 2014.

- Applied through Kaggle, got a couple of phone interviews
    - Slow interview process
    - Well organized in-person interview with large-corporation niceties (town car pickup at the airport, for example)
    - Data science is nascent at Air Liquide. The program felt like a top-down direction from senior management, without much thoughts on actual usefulness to the company. "Everybody is doing it therefore we should as well" kind of mentality.
    - The group manager was incapable of telling what I would work on first. Huge red flag.
    - The Air Liquide R&D center is mostly chemistry / chemical engineering. The 'applied math' group is a hodgepodge of scientists from various disciplines (process control / optimization, etc...) with only one data scientist on staff so far.
    - The Air Liquide R&D center is in the middle of nowhere.

- Recruiter did not bother to return phone calls or send a "no thanks" email afterwards. I had to call the hiring manager directly. The hiring manager declined to provide any feedback on why I was disqualified.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to code live with somebody looking over your shoulder   View Answer

IMS & IRM Interview

Just a few questions about family. Also, they are very interested in the projects listed on my resume. Many questions about that. Moreover, they ask about why I don't apply for jobs in my previous company Bayer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide in September 2014.

I went to an Engineering Networking Reception, Engineering Job Fair, and their presentation on 3 separate days, speaking with 3 of the 4 Engineers there; one of which interviewed me. Fantastic group of people. I was instantly hooked on their atmosphere and how down to earth they were. After the Presentation at 7:30PM I got a text to schedule an interview for 10:15AM the next morning. My interview went okay, but could have been much better with 8 hours of sleep. This was my first interview ever so I couldn't sleep the night before. I think I did well but I have no basis for comparison. I studied a few things about the company on their website, noted key points to go over, and came up with a few questions of my own to ask for the end of the interview. I enjoyed speaking to everyone I met and wish the absolute best for them whether I get the job or not. I met about 10 other companies/employers over those few days and I seemed to have a much more interpersonal connection with them as if I were more than just another ChE Major. I've yet to receive a response from them but am hopeful for one.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Name a time in which you failed to meet a deadline and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Summer(Business) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Air Liquide in September 2014.

I spoke with a recruiter at my college career fair after applying to the internship earlier that month. I was given an interview based off our interaction. All questions were behavior based, a typical first round interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Air Liquide.

I applied and requested an interview through my University's recruiting system. My interview request was accepted. There was only one interview, with two people in the room--the actual interviewer and another person taking notes along side. Interview was quick and easy, basic questions. I asked when will the decision be made and when will I find out, and I was told within a week. I didn't get an email or any response until one month later that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty straight forward. Tell me about yourself. strength/weakness, challenge you faced, a time you worked with someone difficult, a time you were a leader.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Air Liquide.

I applied online, did a phone interview, and then came in and interviewed. I had four face to face interviews in one day and then was offered the job the following week. Drug test and background check are standard too. Just FYI.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for situational question and past experiences.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Air Liquide.

Multiple tier interview process. Slow to call back or confirm interviews or acceptance offers.

Interview Questions
    • The lack of innovative questions. They seemed to be reading off of a script instead of creating individual questions for stated position.   Answer Question

Due to lack of follow through from HR Recruiter and Hiring Manager. If this company doesn't value their hiring process through prompt and professional follow through from the start - I could only imagine the structure of company environment I would be hiring into.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide.

Applied on school career center website and got chosen to come in for an interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Never had this question so it was a bit unexpected: Where do you see yourself 5 or 10 years from now?   Answer Question