Air Liquide (USA) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.7

ALLEX PARTICIPANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Air Liquide (USA) (Houston, TX).

Interview

Long and tedious. They were very unresponsive and had me wait a month to hear back for next step in the process. The overall interview was pretty straight forward behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Air Liquide (USA) (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview questions are fairly generic. The questions are behavioral and they emphasize how you perform in a team. They asked questions about how you handle unsafe situations, how you work on a team, how you prioritize things, why you chose your major, and why you chose Air Liquide.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled an unsafe situation.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Air Liquide (USA) (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at school career fair. Received an interview a few days later. Recruiter asked questions from my resume and other skills questions. Was like any other interview, but company seems like they were very selective in hiring because of effect on oil and gas industry decline.

Business Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Air Liquide (USA).

Interview

One round interview process. Interviewer was very nice and only asked the typical behavioral questions. Such as, "Name a time when...." "Have you ever...". I received an offer within a week of interviewing. Overall process was prompt and simple.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous employer and role within the company?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Air Liquide (USA).

Interview

One on one interview. Very friendly recruiter. Try to go to their information session if possible. Around 10 "name a time when" questions. They perk up when you talk about the community and co-workers there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide (USA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview went well, fairly normal questions. If you know anything about the semi-conductor field you should do ok. I was asked to put in a offer, which was about a week ago today. I haven't heard from them as of yet so I'll keep posting. I will say "if your reading this, I was told they have 50+ employees now & by next year they plan to have 150" so job seekers don't hesitate to join they're talent agency, for this is 1 of the steps to get them to review your resume.

Interview Questions

• The only question was "what's your biggest strength?" I reviewed some choice answers online then critiqued my own. Answer this question without seeming arrogant but be confident. Hope this helps someone. No one seemed to have a review up for this.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide (USA).

Interview

Talked to AL at a campus career fair and a networking dinner. Spoke with 3 of their Chemical Engineers and talked about their positions, the ALLEX program, and company culture. They all agreed that the best part about their job was the people that they worked with, and it seemed like a really relaxed company culture. Had a 1:1 interview with a lot of questions. Went through one round of interviews and then didn't hear back from them for 8 weeks (they told me it would be 4 weeks). With the offer, they said that I would not get a relocation bonus if my school was within 100 mi of my work location, and that I would not know my work location until the spring (after I would accept the offer).

Interview Questions

The pay they offered was $22.73/hour with no bonus, and I would not know my work location until the spring.

Intern Interview

Interview

Went to my school's career fair and they were there. Interviewed the day after the fair. Interview process was like most and did not ask anything extraordinary. Asked situational character-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

ALLEX Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through University career fair. Spoke with the company at the career fair and they reviewed resume on the spot. First interview was the next day. Second round was two weeks later. It included an on-site plant tour, dinner with current ALLEX members, and then four 45-minute interviews with four different Air Liquide employees

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to prioritize. Walk me through your process.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Air Liquide (USA).

Interview

Dropped resume through college career center, visited during career fair, went to info session, had interview. Interview was great, walked through my resume and a couple easy behavioral questions. 30 minutes scheduled and went over by about 10 minutes. I received an email 3 weeks later with an offer.