Air Methods

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager/Director Interview

Manager/Director

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Beware bait and switch tactics with Air Methods. I applied for a manager/director job, recruiter phone screened me and then I did a 2 hour on site interview. During that interview, they picked my brains heavily about how I would solve current problems they were having. If I was interviewing poorly why would they have kept me for two hours? After the interview I was told a new VP was to be hired and as such, the job was on hold until Q/2 or Q/3. I then saw another manager job posted a couple of months later and was told the new VP was not on board yet, yes go ahead and reapply for this other job. I did so, got a call from the recruiter and told her straight up about my earlier interview for Director and what was the status on that as I had not heard anything further. They stopped the interview dead in it's tracks after 30 seconds. I was then told later good luck in my search. No update on what happened to the Director job. They never did interview for the manager job. I was upfront about the earlier interview for the Director and it cost me the interview for manager. I had 30 seconds with their recruiter for the manager job. This is pure and simple job seeker abuse. They picked my brains for over 2 hours hours in the first interview, asking me for specific answers to specific problems they were having and I wonder if they are not posting phantom jobs as a cheap way of getting consultant type of advice. They did this to me ten years ago when I interviewed as well. I would not ever apply there again.

Interview Question – 2 hours of questions and I had a good interview, no issues. If I was interviewing poorly, why would they have kept me for two hours?   View Answer

Field Mechanic Interview

Field Mechanic

Interviewed at Air Methods

Interview Details – Know your Stuff. They ask alot about the type of aircraft your going to be working on. They had the lead Mechanic with them in the interview and after they are done asking you about the bird he then drills you on it. So don't try and BS them they will see right through it.

Interview Question – call outs   Answer Question

Buyer II Interview

Buyer II
Englewood, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Air Methods in August 2012.

Interview Details – My experiance should show my dedication. I really loved my jod at AMC/UR. I left for what i thought was a better offer, but I miss my working enviroment at Air Methods. I would like the oppertunity to re-join this team.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Methods in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very poor experience. In person interview with the Director of Recruiting and the Director of Benefits/Compensation. The Recruiting Director came to the interview without any questions and relied on the Benefits Director to remind her of what questions they should ask. She also did not bring anything to take notes on. Both Directors worked for the same company previously and spoke negatively about their former company and the workforce there.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were bored on the job and what you did with that time.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Initial phone call to set up interview. Interview lasts 2 hours, fairly standard one on one with computer assessment beforehand. Background check takes forever and can take weeks to actually get a start date.

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Field Mechanic Interview

Field Mechanic

Interviewed at Air Methods

Interview Details – I was recommended by a friend. A call was made and an interview was set up. I drove from Kansas City to St Louis and we met informally at a restaurant. Actually casual dress. They were in need of a mechanic right away and I was more then qualified and met the experience. They pretty much hired me on the spot. I had an offer letter the next day. 3 weeks later i was moving to St Louis and our house was being put up on the market.

Interview Question – Was I able to repair all the systems on the aircraft and where could I find answers if I couldn't?   Answer Question

Clinician Interview

Clinician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Application and interview

Interview Question – Burn formula   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Medical Transport Professional Interview

Medical Transport Professional

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Three levels: application, written test, battery of group interviews evaluating both personality and professional competence

Interview Question – There will be many specific questions on critical care medicine. Know your ACLS and PALS, know your algorithms and treatments. Know your ICU drips, how to mix them, how to do the match….they will give you some problems and hand you a paper and calculator and expect you to figure our drip rates for Dopamine or Vasopressin, as an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all.

Flight Nurse Interview

Flight Nurse
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Just the basic apply wait for a call and follow directions

Interview Question – Are you willing to work a demanding job that requires many certifications and experience? And are you willing to do it for new grad. nurse pay ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter and my first step was a phone screen. I spoke to the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. I felt it was a little wierd. No real substance, but it was an OK conversation. I decided to meet for the 1:1 interview.

At the 1:1 I again felt that there was that same feeling of something being different. Then he asked about working nights and weekends. That is when the red flags were raised.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just know basic programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Air Methods

Worked for Air Methods? Contribute to the Community!