Air Methods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Mechanic Interview

Field Mechanic

Interviewed at Air Methods

Interview Details – Know your Stuff. They ask alot about the type of aircraft your going to be working on. They had the lead Mechanic with them in the interview and after they are done asking you about the bird he then drills you on it. So don't try and BS them they will see right through it.

Interview Question – call outs   Answer Question

Buyer II Interview

Buyer II
Englewood, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Air Methods in August 2012.

Interview Details – My experiance should show my dedication. I really loved my jod at AMC/UR. I left for what i thought was a better offer, but I miss my working enviroment at Air Methods. I would like the oppertunity to re-join this team.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Methods in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very poor experience. In person interview with the Director of Recruiting and the Director of Benefits/Compensation. The Recruiting Director came to the interview without any questions and relied on the Benefits Director to remind her of what questions they should ask. She also did not bring anything to take notes on. Both Directors worked for the same company previously and spoke negatively about their former company and the workforce there.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were bored on the job and what you did with that time.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Initial phone call to set up interview. Interview lasts 2 hours, fairly standard one on one with computer assessment beforehand. Background check takes forever and can take weeks to actually get a start date.

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Field Mechanic Interview

Field Mechanic

Interviewed at Air Methods

Interview Details – I was recommended by a friend. A call was made and an interview was set up. I drove from Kansas City to St Louis and we met informally at a restaurant. Actually casual dress. They were in need of a mechanic right away and I was more then qualified and met the experience. They pretty much hired me on the spot. I had an offer letter the next day. 3 weeks later i was moving to St Louis and our house was being put up on the market.

Interview Question – Was I able to repair all the systems on the aircraft and where could I find answers if I couldn't?   Answer Question

Clinician Interview

Clinician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Application and interview

Interview Question – Burn formula   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Medical Transport Professional Interview

Medical Transport Professional

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Three levels: application, written test, battery of group interviews evaluating both personality and professional competence

Interview Question – There will be many specific questions on critical care medicine. Know your ACLS and PALS, know your algorithms and treatments. Know your ICU drips, how to mix them, how to do the match….they will give you some problems and hand you a paper and calculator and expect you to figure our drip rates for Dopamine or Vasopressin, as an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all.

Flight Nurse Interview

Flight Nurse
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Just the basic apply wait for a call and follow directions

Interview Question – Are you willing to work a demanding job that requires many certifications and experience? And are you willing to do it for new grad. nurse pay ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiter and my first step was a phone screen. I spoke to the hiring manager for about 30 minutes. I felt it was a little wierd. No real substance, but it was an OK conversation. I decided to meet for the 1:1 interview.

At the 1:1 I again felt that there was that same feeling of something being different. Then he asked about working nights and weekends. That is when the red flags were raised.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just know basic programming knowledge.   Answer Question

Flight Nurse Interview

Flight Nurse
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview Details – Submit resume on-line and wait many days or even weeks to hear back from HR. Many give up having never heard back from HR. Very disjointed experience. If you are contacted, you will have an in-person interview with 3-4 people around a table including a regional manager, base manager, educator, etc. The interview is three part: interview, hands-on skills scenarios and then a written test.

Interview Question – Know your ACLS, Drugs, RSI, PHTLS or ITLS trauma. Know your rhythm strips inside and upside down and how to treat them. Know how to do pharmacology and IV gtt math under pressure. For example, how to mix a Dopamine drip and how many ml/hr you would run to achieve a dose of (for example) 10 mcg/kg/min. You will be asked to do these calculations on the fly as they hand you a calculator so be very quick and proficient with your pharmacology math.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiations with AMC. This is a take it or leave it type of company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Air Methods

Worked for Air Methods? Contribute to the Community!