Air Methods Interview Questions

2.9

Patient Transfer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online - interviewed at Air Methods.

Super easy anyone can get a job here. There is nothing hard at all about the interview. The office manager talks a mile a minute you just need to listen take a typing test and within a week you will get a phone call. I recommend only people with healthcare experience because you deal with medical people all day long and you don't want to act like you don't know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard at all. Just act like you have good customer service and smile. They will hire you.   Answer Question
    They are not equal if you are pretty you get a good pay rate... if you are ok you get an average pay.

Manager/Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Air Methods.

Beware bait and switch tactics with Air Methods. I applied for a manager/director job, recruiter phone screened me and then I did a 2 hour on site interview. During that interview, they picked my brains heavily about how I would solve current problems they were having. If I was interviewing poorly why would they have kept me for two hours? After the interview I was told a new VP was to be hired and as such, the job was on hold until Q/2 or Q/3. I then saw another manager job posted a couple of months later and was told the new VP was not on board yet, yes go ahead and reapply for this other job. I did so, got a call from the recruiter and told her straight up about my earlier interview for Director and what was the status on that as I had not heard anything further. They stopped the interview dead in it's tracks after 30 seconds. I was then told later good luck in my search. No update on what happened to the Director job. They never did interview for the manager job. I was upfront about the earlier interview for the Director and it cost me the interview for manager. I had 30 seconds with their recruiter for the manager job. This is pure and simple job seeker abuse. They picked my brains for over 2 hours hours in the first interview, asking me for specific answers to specific problems they were having and I wonder if they are not posting phantom jobs as a cheap way of getting consultant type of advice. They did this to me ten years ago when I interviewed as well. I would not ever apply there again.

Interview Questions
    • 2 hours of questions and I had a good interview, no issues. If I was interviewing poorly, why would they have kept me for two hours?   View Answer

Field Mechanic Interview

Know your Stuff. They ask alot about the type of aircraft your going to be working on. They had the lead Mechanic with them in the interview and after they are done asking you about the bird he then drills you on it. So don't try and BS them they will see right through it.

Buyer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Air Methods in August 2012.

My experiance should show my dedication. I really loved my jod at AMC/UR. I left for what i thought was a better offer, but I miss my working enviroment at Air Methods. I would like the oppertunity to re-join this team.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Methods in January 2014.

Very poor experience. In person interview with the Director of Recruiting and the Director of Benefits/Compensation. The Recruiting Director came to the interview without any questions and relied on the Benefits Director to remind her of what questions they should ask. She also did not bring anything to take notes on. Both Directors worked for the same company previously and spoke negatively about their former company and the workforce there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were bored on the job and what you did with that time.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Methods.

Initial phone call to set up interview. Interview lasts 2 hours, fairly standard one on one with computer assessment beforehand. Background check takes forever and can take weeks to actually get a start date.

Not negotiable.

Field Mechanic Interview

I was recommended by a friend. A call was made and an interview was set up. I drove from Kansas City to St Louis and we met informally at a restaurant. Actually casual dress. They were in need of a mechanic right away and I was more then qualified and met the experience. They pretty much hired me on the spot. I had an offer letter the next day. 3 weeks later i was moving to St Louis and our house was being put up on the market.

Interview Questions
    • Was I able to repair all the systems on the aircraft and where could I find answers if I couldn't?   Answer Question

Clinician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Methods.

Application and interview

None

Medical Transport Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Air Methods.

Three levels: application, written test, battery of group interviews evaluating both personality and professional competence

Interview Questions
    • There will be many specific questions on critical care medicine. Know your ACLS and PALS, know your algorithms and treatments. Know your ICU drips, how to mix them, how to do the match….they will give you some problems and hand you a paper and calculator and expect you to figure our drip rates for Dopamine or Vasopressin, as an example.   Answer Question
    No negotiations at all.

Flight Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Air Methods.

Just the basic apply wait for a call and follow directions

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work a demanding job that requires many certifications and experience? And are you willing to do it for new grad. nurse pay ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay

Worked for Air Methods? Contribute to the Community!