Air National Guard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic
Martinsburg, WV

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air National Guard.

Interview Details – For mid-level jobs, it helps to know technical data and be keen in the field of hire but for higher positions it will be more of a situational awareness type of interview. All interviews are conducted in a panel forum and each interviewer asks separate questions to the candidate, all candidates will be asked the same exact questions.

Interview Question – Situational awareness, more of how would you handle a situation and more about company structure.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation is for the step increases for the allotted pay grade.refer to HRO.

Maintenance Operations Flight Superintendent Interview

Maintenance Operations Flight Superintendent

Interviewed at Air National Guard

Interview Details – Apply on USAJobs

Interview Question – How do you handle unhappy employees that are older than you   View Answer

Senior Master Sergeant AGR Interview

Senior Master Sergeant AGR
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air National Guard in August 2012.

Interview Details – Jobs are posted on the individuals states' military affairs websites and also on the ang mva full-time opportunites site. You must generally already be enlisted/commissioned as a part-time member of the ANG to be considered for the AGR program.

Interview Question – This doesn't really apply to us, but basic training ain't no joke.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air National Guard in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was rather simple. Thought the person that hired me is a bold faced liar.

Interview Question – Where did I see myself in 10 years if hired?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my pay and time I'd be available to work. No relocation offer was necessary.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air National Guard in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied via fax and records review board to determine my eligibility for the position advertised.

Interview Question – How would I handle an irate member on the phone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really a negotiation phase. It was a hard offer at current pay grade.

Production Interview

Production

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Air National Guard.

Interview Details – HRO website and application process

Interview Question – sell yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air National Guard in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview is conducted by a board of 3 to 4 members. They each ask 3 to 5 questions each. The interview last between 30 to 45 minutes

Interview Question – Can you tell me what action you would take and how you would handle a group of protestor at a college recruiting event?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of salary. All jobs are posted with salary range.

Command Post Interview

Command Post
Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Air National Guard.

Interview Details – o.k.

Negotiation Details – If you are black do not take it.

Computer Systems Administrator/Technician Interview

Computer Systems Administrator/Technician
Vandenberg AFB, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Air National Guard in July 2010.

Interview Details – First you must be a member of the California Air National Guard as a military member in Drilling Status (UTA's). Then you must be lucky enough for an opening in your desired career field and apply. Application process takes 6-12 months and you must be willing to wait for that position. That's about it. I turned down higher paying contractor jobs to take this and glad I did. I love the California Air National Guard and will be with them until I retire from the military.

SUPT KC-135 Interview

SUPT KC-135
Topeka, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air National Guard in March 2012.

Interview Details – Depends on the unit. My unit had a road to wings program accepting application packages from college graduates and those with 90 credit hours and soon to graduate. The package the unit's require depend on what they want to see. Honestly I added more on top of what they already required. If selected for the interview, the process will be in front of a board. The questions are typical interview questions. Advice is to relax, have fun, be yourself, and stay professional.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most important patch on the flight suit?   Answer Question

Worked for Air National Guard? Contribute to the Community!