Air Products Interview Questions in Allentown, PA

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.8

CDP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

It was a day long event, with short 30-45 minute interviews with several current engineering managers. Questions were behavioral and technical in nature. They are interested in your resume and background, your own interests, and team work ability. Afterwards, there was an exam on a case study, which required a group discussion afterwards with interviewees and short presentation to one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation that you've been in, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer CDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process is an entire day. You have 4 separate 30 minute interviews, then lunch with current CDPs, then an hour to solve a problem individually, then an hour to talk about the solution with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome engineering challenges at school or work?   Answer Question

PhD Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

First on-campus interview and then on-site. People in the company were very friendly and hospitable. The on-site interview was a pleasant experience. You need to prepare well for your presentation and learn a few things about the company.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Unexpected question: Is there a question that you have prepared for today that we didn''t ask?   Answer Question

Finance CDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

On campus interview, final round in Allentown

Interview Questions

• The case is difficult. Be prepared for very technical questions about your model.   Answer Question

CDP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview with two alumni followed by a few of onsite interviews. Buddy system. Easy to get the job if you know someone there. Interviewers not so competent and I can tell they got the jobs themselves since they know someone there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Technical with a few personality/behavior questions.   1 Answer

Better offer somewhere. They laid off 30% in 2009-2010. Another 10% layoff coming soon. Managers/workers there are incompetent and know very little about other companies. I was surprised that one of the interviewers did not even hear of my previous company which is a giant in Europe and top 20 in Fortune 500 global list. Company in decline. Not surprising from judging the people I met there.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Whole process consisted of 3 separate interviews: (1) Phone interview with HR, (2) In-person interview; one with HR/Sales and one with engineering managers (each about hour long) and (3) In-person all day interview with engineering manager to meet the group and discuss the role/ask questions followed by case study problem with discussion afterwards.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

This was for a contract position for a technical manager. I was interviewed two times and the interviews were fairly straightforward. Once the manager felt I had experience in all of the areas they had mentioned in the Job Description, that was it. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult, just questions related to managing projects, timelines, resources, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this was a contract position, there wasnt any negotiation with the manager at Air Products, just with the Consulting company that was placing me there.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Products (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

Was called by hiring manager to set up a date and time. Interview was with hiring manager and someone doing the senior buyer's job temporarily. They only asked me one question (Tell me about yourself?). Hiring manager said "I am going to be frank and tell you like I've told the others, we are looking for someone that can hit the ground running that knows SAP and we are also looking internally." I guess my question is if they knew I didn't have SAP experience why did they call me? It was clear that they already knew who they wanted to hire probably someone from the inside. The two men did more talking among each other than with me. Next interview was with the human resources rep.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Products (Bethlehem, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

They asked a lot of behavioral questions and wanted to know about group projects that I have been a part of. Very relaxed interview and they asked why I wanted to work there. It helped that I had spoken to previous co-ops and full-time employees and I mentioned that during the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were part of a group project   Answer Question

PhD Career Development Program Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted for an on-campus interview through our department resume book. The interview was with two alums, a day after an informational session, and covered my PhD work and some behavioral-type questions. Both recruiters were technical staff who went through the Career Development Program (CDP), an 2-3 year rotation program, and were very friendly. They kept me updated on their selection timeline and I was contacted 1.5 months later by HR to arrange for an on-site interview. The on-site interview at company headquarters was a tightly-run 3 day affair. The first night included an "informal" dinner with one of the recruiters that sponsored my visit and a technical manager. I was made to feel welcome and given the chance to ask about my interview schedule. The interview day started with an hour-long seminar followed by five one hour interviews with individual managers from different, but relevant, areas of the company. It also included lunch with two current CDP scientists as well as a short meeting with an HR representative at the end of the day. The interviews were very cordial. Topics ranged from technical questions regarding my PhD work to overviews of their specific business areas to what I could expect career-wise if I worked at the company. As a scientist, I found the work in the company to be interesting and thought the CDP rotations would be a great way to learn and network. Based on interactions, I would definitely recommend the Air Products to prospective employees. Two weeks after my visit, I was contacted by HR with an offer and one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• The actual interview questions were fairly typical. The most unexpected questions I received was at the end of the day with HR. I was asked, of the managers that I spoke with, which research area I would not want to work in.   Answer Question

The offer was very competitive for the chemical industry. And, the employees at Air Products seem genuinely happy to be there. Ultimately, for me, it came down to location. I did not think Allentown was the most ideal place for young professionals without their own families to live.