Air Products Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.5

CDP Engineer Interview

All interns and co-ops who want to be considered for the full time engineering program must partake in the CDP interview process. Very thorough assessment of credentials that includes several individual interviews with upper management, and a case study problem to assess abilities to solve engineering problems. Overall a very respectable process that completely evaluates candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Must display working knowledge of both basic and advanced engineering principles including fluid mechanics, mass transfer, heat transfer, etc.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

The interview is an 8 hour day with individual interviews in the morning and an engineering problem for the afternoon. You begin the problem by yourself and then work in a group to solve the problem. At the end, you present the problem to one of the hiring managers.

Operator Interview

easy , quick , relaxed, not to hard and but on ease . simple question , and life situation. took less than a week from day applied and all go

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Products in April 2014.

I did a phone screening with a recruiter. I followed up a week later and was told they are moving forward with other candidates. Three weeks later, the recruited called me back, told me they are conducting a second round of interviews and wanted to know if I was still interested in interviewing. I said yes. They made arrangements for me to fly to California for the interview. I was told it would be a lunch interview. Well, the interview did not include lunch. I was picked up at the airport and taken to their offices for the interview. The interview itself was a bit disappointing considering they seemed to be unorganized and in a rush. I expected more since they paid the bill to fly me to the interview location.

Outside Sales-Microbulk Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Products.

I was first introduced to the recruiter through a professor of mine. The recruiter and I had several phone interviews, which led to a skype interview with the Outside Sales Manager. I then had an in-person interview with another Outside Sales Manager in my area. Finally, I had one final phone interview with an additional Outside Sales Manager. After these different interviews, I spoke again with the recruiter, which was followed by a verbal offer.

Overall, everyone I spoke with was very nice and seemed to enjoy the company and positions. The recruiter I spoke with throughout the entire interview process was very helpful and proactive about my interest in the position. The managers spoke with also were understanding about my location preference, which they moved some territories around for.

Interview Questions
    • There were honestly not many difficult questions that I was asked throughout my entire interview process. They asked the standard situation questions which can be tough at points, but other than that, it was more about my past experiences and education. We ran through my resume a few times to clarify some of my involvement as well. Most of the individuals I spoke with just wanted to get to know me and understand my interest in the position and the company.   Answer Question

I had to decline because of my minimum expected salary that they did not meet, as well as the location preference I had due to personal matters. The fact the position was not as technical as I was looking for, as an Engineering major, also had some effect on my decision.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Air Products in October 2013.

45 min on compus interview, 20 min behavior questions, spent around 20 min talking about my PhD research project

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Products in July 2012.

Interviewed and was award an internship. From this, I interviewed and received full-time employment upon graduation.

PhD Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

First on-campus interview and then on-site. People in the company were very friendly and hospitable. The on-site interview was a pleasant experience. You need to prepare well for your presentation and learn a few things about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions.
      Unexpected question: Is there a question that you have prepared for today that we didn''t ask?
        Answer Question

CDP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Products in October 2012.

Assessment day is a full day of interviews and an exam. Morning interviews are very simple, speaking with three different managers/engineers. 1 HR and 2 technical, although it is up to the interviewer how they want to conduct the interview. Lunch with current CDPs, a timed exam, and then you review the exam in groups before giving a short presentation on the exam and solution to another interviewer. Overall very smooth day

No negotiation

Finance CDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Products.

On campus interview, final round in Allentown

Interview Questions
    • The case is difficult. Be prepared for very technical questions about your model.   Answer Question

Worked for Air Products? Contribute to the Community!