Air Products

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operator Interview

Operator

Interviewed at Air Products

Interview Details – easy , quick , relaxed, not to hard and but on ease . simple question , and life situation. took less than a week from day applied and all go

Interview Question – why you think you are best canedit for yhis job   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Products in April 2014.

Interview Details – I did a phone screening with a recruiter. I followed up a week later and was told they are moving forward with other candidates. Three weeks later, the recruited called me back, told me they are conducting a second round of interviews and wanted to know if I was still interested in interviewing. I said yes. They made arrangements for me to fly to California for the interview. I was told it would be a lunch interview. Well, the interview did not include lunch. I was picked up at the airport and taken to their offices for the interview. The interview itself was a bit disappointing considering they seemed to be unorganized and in a rush. I expected more since they paid the bill to fly me to the interview location.

Interview Question – Describe to me a sticky situation?   Answer Question

Outside Sales-Microbulk Interview

Outside Sales-Microbulk

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Products.

Interview Details – I was first introduced to the recruiter through a professor of mine. The recruiter and I had several phone interviews, which led to a skype interview with the Outside Sales Manager. I then had an in-person interview with another Outside Sales Manager in my area. Finally, I had one final phone interview with an additional Outside Sales Manager. After these different interviews, I spoke again with the recruiter, which was followed by a verbal offer.

Overall, everyone I spoke with was very nice and seemed to enjoy the company and positions. The recruiter I spoke with throughout the entire interview process was very helpful and proactive about my interest in the position. The managers spoke with also were understanding about my location preference, which they moved some territories around for.

Interview Question – There were honestly not many difficult questions that I was asked throughout my entire interview process. They asked the standard situation questions which can be tough at points, but other than that, it was more about my past experiences and education. We ran through my resume a few times to clarify some of my involvement as well. Most of the individuals I spoke with just wanted to get to know me and understand my interest in the position and the company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to decline because of my minimum expected salary that they did not meet, as well as the location preference I had due to personal matters. The fact the position was not as technical as I was looking for, as an Engineering major, also had some effect on my decision.

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Air Products in October 2013.

Interview Details – 45 min on compus interview, 20 min behavior questions, spent around 20 min talking about my PhD research project

Interview Question – how to handle conflict with my advisor   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Products in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed and was award an internship. From this, I interviewed and received full-time employment upon graduation.

Interview Question – Difficult questions came on skills test   Answer Question

PhD Career Development Program Interview

PhD Career Development Program
Allentown, PA

Interview Details – First on-campus interview and then on-site. People in the company were very friendly and hospitable. The on-site interview was a pleasant experience. You need to prepare well for your presentation and learn a few things about the company.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions.
Unexpected question: Is there a question that you have prepared for today that we didn''t ask?
  Answer Question

CDP Engineer Interview

CDP Engineer
Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Products in October 2012.

Interview Details – Assessment day is a full day of interviews and an exam. Morning interviews are very simple, speaking with three different managers/engineers. 1 HR and 2 technical, although it is up to the interviewer how they want to conduct the interview. Lunch with current CDPs, a timed exam, and then you review the exam in groups before giving a short presentation on the exam and solution to another interviewer. Overall very smooth day

Interview Question – Various small technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Finance CDP Interview

Finance CDP
Allentown, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Products.

Interview Details – On campus interview, final round in Allentown

Interview Question – The case is difficult. Be prepared for very technical questions about your model.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Interview

Process Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Air Products.

Interview Details – Met with the recruiter during an info session and was selected for an interview. I interviewed with the recruiter 2 days later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Air Products?   Answer Question

MBA Career Development Program Interview

MBA Career Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Air Products.

Interview Details – First round interview for financial MBA career development program. It was mostly easy questions-getting to know me, etc. The only real substantive question they asked me was how I would go about valuing a project-specifically a factory in Texas.

Interview Question – Again, the question was how would I go about valuing a project-specifically a factory in Texas.   Answer Question

Worked for Air Products? Contribute to the Community!