Air Products Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

GIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Products in May 2015.

Interview

It took a week from the arrangement of phone screen to the offer letter. First interview is a phone screen, talking about my background, projects, relocation concerns... The second one is a presentation about my work, interviewed by three people. Mostly asking questions about data and methods. They were all very nice and professional.

CDP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

It was a day long event, with short 30-45 minute interviews with several current engineering managers. Questions were behavioral and technical in nature. They are interested in your resume and background, your own interests, and team work ability. Afterwards, there was an exam on a case study, which required a group discussion afterwards with interviewees and short presentation to one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• What's a difficult situation that you've been in, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Process Safety Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Air Products.

Interview

Its a long process and took few months. You need to have patience in the process and let HR take the lead. Once the decision is made, they will convey it to you.

Interview Questions

• Interview will depend on the person. Balanced set of easy/difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Operator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Air Products (La Porte, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Was fairly quick, applied on a Friday, got a personal email from the HR person to set interview date the following Thursday. By personal I mean they didn't send me an automated email that makes you feel like there's 100,00,000 people to compete with. Had about a week (bouttta week ago, week ago lol) in between the email and interview. Interview was a panel type, two rooms with 3 staff members in each, pretty simple they just wanted to get know me and dissected my resume, don't put a bunch of bs on there that you can't talk about because they will ask. I felt really good about the interview, they called me back a week and a half later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Basically every thing on my resume they asked me to explain what it does or is..ex: what's a cooling towers purpose? What's lock out tag out for? What's a re boiler? First question was what do you know about air products? Do some research and come prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really haggle with it I accepted the first offer of 16.00 per hour as an intern operator, under the assumption I would be offered full time when I graduate which is around 30.00 per hour

CDP Engineer Interview

Interview

All interns and co-ops who want to be considered for the full time engineering program must partake in the CDP interview process. Very thorough assessment of credentials that includes several individual interviews with upper management, and a case study problem to assess abilities to solve engineering problems. Overall a very respectable process that completely evaluates candidates.

Interview Questions

• Must display working knowledge of both basic and advanced engineering principles including fluid mechanics, mass transfer, heat transfer, etc.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview is an 8 hour day with individual interviews in the morning and an engineering problem for the afternoon. You begin the problem by yourself and then work in a group to solve the problem. At the end, you present the problem to one of the hiring managers.

Mechanical Engineer CDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process is an entire day. You have 4 separate 30 minute interviews, then lunch with current CDPs, then an hour to solve a problem individually, then an hour to talk about the solution with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome engineering challenges at school or work?   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Interview

easy , quick , relaxed, not to hard and but on ease . simple question , and life situation. took less than a week from day applied and all go

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Air Products.

Interview

I was first introduced to the recruiter through a professor of mine. The recruiter and I had several phone interviews, which led to a skype interview with the Outside Sales Manager. I then had an in-person interview with another Outside Sales Manager in my area. Finally, I had one final phone interview with an additional Outside Sales Manager. After these different interviews, I spoke again with the recruiter, which was followed by a verbal offer.

Overall, everyone I spoke with was very nice and seemed to enjoy the company and positions. The recruiter I spoke with throughout the entire interview process was very helpful and proactive about my interest in the position. The managers spoke with also were understanding about my location preference, which they moved some territories around for.

Interview Questions

• There were honestly not many difficult questions that I was asked throughout my entire interview process. They asked the standard situation questions which can be tough at points, but other than that, it was more about my past experiences and education. We ran through my resume a few times to clarify some of my involvement as well. Most of the individuals I spoke with just wanted to get to know me and understand my interest in the position and the company.   Answer Question

I had to decline because of my minimum expected salary that they did not meet, as well as the location preference I had due to personal matters. The fact the position was not as technical as I was looking for, as an Engineering major, also had some effect on my decision.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Air Products (Tempe, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

I did a phone screening with a recruiter. I followed up a week later and was told they are moving forward with other candidates. Three weeks later, the recruited called me back, told me they are conducting a second round of interviews and wanted to know if I was still interested in interviewing. I said yes. They made arrangements for me to fly to California for the interview. I was told it would be a lunch interview. Well, the interview did not include lunch. I was picked up at the airport and taken to their offices for the interview. The interview itself was a bit disappointing considering they seemed to be unorganized and in a rush. I expected more since they paid the bill to fly me to the interview location.