Air Wisconsin Airlines

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.5

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed on 11/5/14, they flew me to Philadelphia for the 7 hour interview. There was a total of 9 people there to interview including myself. We started off with a presentation then we had a break. Came back took a test then Did 2 group activities. They offered lunch. Then took us to a room and told us they will be back to let us know who they wanted to do 1 on 1 nterviews with. They picked 5. I was one of the 5. It was laid back and also all 5 of us were offered CJO .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in November 2014.

I applied online, within a month I heard back from a recruiter. She called me and asked if I had time for a phone interview, at which time she verified information from my application. She asked a couple of basic questions and then asked if I would like to come in for an interview. I accepted and had an interview in early November of 2014. The day started at 9:30am, with introductions (you give your name and where you're from) then a 2 hour presentation. The presentation is followed by a 30 minute lunch break (they supplied us with sandwiches). Following the break you return to a basic 10 question "quiz", 3 true or false questions, 3 time calculation tests and 4 math questions. (very basic math, you'll be fine.) Then the group portion begins, one by one you stand up and begin to read off a standard inflight announcement. My suggestion is speak clearly,pronounce EVERYTHING correctly, take your time and relax, be confident but not cocky. After everyone has read, you are each asked to stand one by one and are asked a random question. Her the panel is looking at your posture, eye contact, comfort level and how you handle public speaking. Trust me the know everyone is nervous and they take that into account. After this is over you have one final group activity. You will sit in small groups and the give you index cards to put in order. They tell you that you are in mid flight when all 12 scenarios are taking place at the same time and you and your group have to figure out what is most important to least important. NOTE: They don't care what order you cards are in. They are only looking for cooperation and your willingness to work with a team as well as your outgoingness. If there is any time to assert yourself, now is the time to do it you are being watched every second. Finally after the activity are lead back to the break room where you will wait to find out your fate with the company. Typically the first group pulled from the room are the first to be let go. Whomever is left will receive 1 on 1 interviews. I was lucky enough to get a 1 on 1 and made sure that I stood out. She asked me many question that many other employers ask. So don't worry about the question specifics. Eye contact, and confidence are key. Inverts and quiet people shouldn't even both applying, they figure you out and let you go.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario: You are mid flight and the pilot asks you to preform a task which you are not authorized to preform. How would you handle the situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You accept the offer. Your employment is based on you passing a drug test (FAA Reg), a finger printing back ground check, and an FAA regulated background check including previous employment, school and credit and criminal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in November 2014.

Applied in September, did the interview in November. There was only 9 of us there. The day started by waiting in the break room at the business center. As we came in, they took our passport, drivers license, and resume and kept our resume. When the time for the interview came about, they took us into a board room and we did a little ice breaker where we stood up, said our name and where we were from, then we were asked a random question like what's your biggest pet peeve or if you could be sat next to anyone on a plane who would it be. They they gave us a long presentation on the company, what it stands for, and also benifets. Then went and ate lunch. Following lunch we took a small math test, did three group exercises (reading a safety announcement, reading and answering a random question out of a cup like what does customer service mean to you or what is teamwork, then in groups of three ordering 10 or so things that are happening on a flight from top priority to least priority). Then we went back to the break room where they told us they'll be back to let us know who's moving on. They came back in 10-15 minutes and called a few people out of the room. They came back in and said we were moving on to one on one interviews. By this time there was five of us. The one on one interviews aren't too bad. Just a few questions making sure you understand the company and then a few customer service questions. They then took me back into the board room where I signed my conditional job offer, did my drug screening, and got fingerprinted and I was done! All five of us remaining were hired. Not too bad, just make sure when speaking you're CONFIDENT and ARTICULATE. During the group exercise make sure you're being very engaged but not totally commanding. Be a leader and also listed to your group mates. Also, SMILE and be FRIENDLY! Get to know your fellow candidates in the break room before everything starts. Learn their name, where they're from, etc. Basically be engaging. If you do that then you'll be just fine. Don't be shy. If you do that, then you'll have an absolute blast. Everyone there was so nice approachable :)

Interview Questions
    • None. Just make sure you know what customer service is and some personal examples.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines.

I applied online in December of 2013 and got a phone call in early January to attend an interview. I flew out in February to Philly for the day-long interview. I came in and there were 3 other applicants there (I was there an hour early). A woman came in and took our Passports and drivers license. we waited and the other applicants arrived (about 20ish in total). All of us talked to each other until they called us up to go into a room down the hall where they had the initial presentation and sort of a "group interview" session. There were 3 women in the back observing us and 1 other woman (who was the reciter) doing most of the talking, Throughout the presentation they all took turns talking about stuff on the slide show. They started out with a slide show about the company, benefits, pay, etc...Everything you need to know about the company. Then we started out with an "ice breaker" here they went from the front to the back of the room asking us to stand up, state our name, age, and where you're from. Then after stating that the reciter would ask a random question like "What annoys you?" "Where would you want to be based and why". Random stuff. Then we moved on to reading safety demonstrations. These were long paragraphs that you have to cold read (no preparation). This is where you could kinda tell where people started messing up and getting nervous. I have a background in acting so this part was pretty easy for me. Then we moved on to where the recruiter went around the room and let us choose a random interview question out of a cup. These questions ranged from "What would you do if-" Or "How have you dealt with an angry customer in the past" etc. After that they paired us up into groups or 3-4. They gave us note cards with different scenarios of what could happen on a flight and you WORK AS A GROUP to put them in order from greatest to least importance. This exercise is to see how well you work with the people in your group. After that we had a small 15min break. When we came back we were surprised with a small basic math test (which I had already expected and knew I failed). I was really nervous as it was and second guessed myself. After that they told us to go back to the room we first met in. After about 20mins (which felt like forever) they came back in and listed some names to come outside with them. This is where the bulk of everyone went. It wasn't long until they came back in and said "congratulations we would like to do 1 on 1 interviews with you" I was relieved, until I was picked first to interview. I as taken back to a small room with one of the flight attendant ladies. She asked me some more "interview" type questions. She left for about 15 seconds, came back in and said I was hired. After that I was finger printed and drug tested and was given a conditional offer of employment (which means as long as you pass training, you got the job)

Interview Questions
    • None. As long as you read online what to expect, you should be good.   View Answers (3)
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in February 2014.

Applied online and the process took about a month to hear back. I received an email to attend interview session. I attended with approximately 16 other people. They had us do an introduction and then a presentation. After that, we had a break. Then they had us do some group activities. Afterwards, we took another break and they decided who they wanted to do one-on-one interviews with. They chose half to interview. It was pretty basic and offered training based on if background checked out okay.

No negotiation

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in May 2013.

I applied online, about a week later I received a call to complete a telephone interview. About 1 week later I received another call to set up an interview with the station manager.
    The interview was fairly easy interview the atmosphere was calm and pressure free. A short test placings airport city's in alphabetical order and basic math problems was given to me prior to seeing the station manager.
    A few days later I received, then I had to do FBI finger print background screening (this takes a few days) afterwards you go to a training on airport safety all in all easy interview no pressure fun place to work if you like a fast paced environment and the flight benefits were cool to have to.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you went above and beyond to help someone. What did you do?and what was the result of your actions?   Answer Question
    No negotiation the set starting pay was posted in the job description. Side note: different stations have different starting pay based on airport size/work load.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in July 2012.

I applied online and received a phone call about a month later. The phone interview was on the spot and they asked me what airport ill be flying out of. They flew me to an interview in Philadelphia, PA. When you get the interview you will be running up against at least 20 people. One group will be hired, the other let go after a few group activities. Then you will receive the one on one interview. If you are hired, you will receive the drug test and fingerprinting the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You receive $18,000 per year.

Dispatch Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in April 2012.

I applied internally to the company because I was a dispatcher already. Since I had worked there for 5 years previous it was a pretty simple interview process. My boss called me and asked me when I could come in to interview. I was interviewed by my boss and the Human Relations person in charge of hiring I believe. It was pretty simple in that they knew me and so there were just some questions as to how I would handle various situations.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do that you think is an example of something you should not do.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in December 2011.

Found job annoucement on the internet, filled out a questionaire. Got a call 4 days later. Setup a initial interview. Went to the interview and took a one page exam that took approximate 15 minutes. Simple common sense test. Spoke about the company the benefits. Got a interview that same day ,basic questions on "what would you do in this situation."

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was if I would tell management if another employee was doing something that violated company policy, other then that everything is pretty simple and straight foward.   Answer Question
    they were only hiring part time but got offered a fulltime. No negotiations on hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in July 2011.

About 10 of us sat for a presentation about the company, then stood up to tell about ourselves.. had a small test a group interaction test, then a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you went out of your way to assist a customer?   Answer Question
    No negotiations