Air Wisconsin Airlines

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines.

Interview Details – I applied online in December of 2013 and got a phone call in early January to attend an interview. I flew out in February to Philly for the day-long interview. I came in and there were 3 other applicants there (I was there an hour early). A woman came in and took our Passports and drivers license. we waited and the other applicants arrived (about 20ish in total). All of us talked to each other until they called us up to go into a room down the hall where they had the initial presentation and sort of a "group interview" session. There were 3 women in the back observing us and 1 other woman (who was the reciter) doing most of the talking, Throughout the presentation they all took turns talking about stuff on the slide show. They started out with a slide show about the company, benefits, pay, etc...Everything you need to know about the company. Then we started out with an "ice breaker" here they went from the front to the back of the room asking us to stand up, state our name, age, and where you're from. Then after stating that the reciter would ask a random question like "What annoys you?" "Where would you want to be based and why". Random stuff. Then we moved on to reading safety demonstrations. These were long paragraphs that you have to cold read (no preparation). This is where you could kinda tell where people started messing up and getting nervous. I have a background in acting so this part was pretty easy for me. Then we moved on to where the recruiter went around the room and let us choose a random interview question out of a cup. These questions ranged from "What would you do if-" Or "How have you dealt with an angry customer in the past" etc. After that they paired us up into groups or 3-4. They gave us note cards with different scenarios of what could happen on a flight and you WORK AS A GROUP to put them in order from greatest to least importance. This exercise is to see how well you work with the people in your group. After that we had a small 15min break. When we came back we were surprised with a small basic math test (which I had already expected and knew I failed). I was really nervous as it was and second guessed myself. After that they told us to go back to the room we first met in. After about 20mins (which felt like forever) they came back in and listed some names to come outside with them. This is where the bulk of everyone went. It wasn't long until they came back in and said "congratulations we would like to do 1 on 1 interviews with you" I was relieved, until I was picked first to interview. I as taken back to a small room with one of the flight attendant ladies. She asked me some more "interview" type questions. She left for about 15 seconds, came back in and said I was hired. After that I was finger printed and drug tested and was given a conditional offer of employment (which means as long as you pass training, you got the job)

Interview Question – None. As long as you read online what to expect, you should be good.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and the process took about a month to hear back. I received an email to attend interview session. I attended with approximately 16 other people. They had us do an introduction and then a presentation. After that, we had a break. Then they had us do some group activities. Afterwards, we took another break and they decided who they wanted to do one-on-one interviews with. They chose half to interview. It was pretty basic and offered training based on if background checked out okay.

Interview Question – How would you handle a conflict with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call about a month later. The phone interview was on the spot and they asked me what airport ill be flying out of. They flew me to an interview in Philadelphia, PA. When you get the interview you will be running up against at least 20 people. One group will be hired, the other let go after a few group activities. Then you will receive the one on one interview. If you are hired, you will receive the drug test and fingerprinting the same day.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You receive $18,000 per year.

Dispatch Coordinator Interview

Dispatch Coordinator
Appleton, WI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied internally to the company because I was a dispatcher already. Since I had worked there for 5 years previous it was a pretty simple interview process. My boss called me and asked me when I could come in to interview. I was interviewed by my boss and the Human Relations person in charge of hiring I believe. It was pretty simple in that they knew me and so there were just some questions as to how I would handle various situations.

Interview Question – What do you do that you think is an example of something you should not do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Passenger Service Agent
Dulles, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in December 2011.

Interview Details – Found job annoucement on the internet, filled out a questionaire. Got a call 4 days later. Setup a initial interview. Went to the interview and took a one page exam that took approximate 15 minutes. Simple common sense test. Spoke about the company the benefits. Got a interview that same day ,basic questions on "what would you do in this situation."

Interview Question – The most difficult question was if I would tell management if another employee was doing something that violated company policy, other then that everything is pretty simple and straight foward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they were only hiring part time but got offered a fulltime. No negotiations on hourly rate.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in July 2011.

Interview Details – About 10 of us sat for a presentation about the company, then stood up to tell about ourselves.. had a small test a group interaction test, then a 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you went out of your way to assist a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

A&P Mechanic Interview

A&P Mechanic
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in November 2010.

Interview Details – Had to answer some basic questions on the phone. Was given the 20 questions test for A&P and 10 questions test for Avionics. Group interview with HR, and 2 Supervisors. Everything took about 1.5 hour.

Interview Question – Give an example of an event where you had to take over your coworkers job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Passenger Service Agent (Ramp) Interview

Passenger Service Agent (Ramp)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Air Wisconsin Airlines in May 2012.

Interview Details – filled out app online. within an hour received a acall from a recruiter to come in tommorow for interview session when i arrived there was 8 other ppl waiting also we all went into a room an had to take test testing our math skills (we where givin 20 mins) one person down now its 8 of us left. we hd to read a fake scenario out loud boom 3 more ppl cut now it was down to 5 of us they did a quick slideshow about the company an then came the f2f interview i was the second to go there where two diff pl doing interviews luckily i got the cheerful one. pass the interview an was givin a choice of three diff positions i choose the fulltime one.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to work under streesful conditions!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy take it or leave it!

Worked for Air Wisconsin Airlines? Contribute to the Community!