AirTran Holdings

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.4

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AirTran Holdings.

Why do you want to work for our company?

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in June 2011.

Well coordinated. Professional

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in May 2010.

I had a very good hiring experience. I went to an open house after being invited as soon as I sent my resume in. I passed several steps that day and earned face to face interview that evening. I was offered job that night. Everyone was informative, professional, and kind to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation when asked to break policy or protocol.   Answer Question

Reservations Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in April 2010.

I acquired this position at a college job fair. It was a fairly straightforward process. I interviewed and was hired on the spot. The job was not difficult, and i received flight benefits, which were the best part about the job. I acquired this position at a college job fair. It was a fairly straightforward process. I interviewed and was hired on the spot. The job was not difficult, and i received flight benefits, which were the best part about the job.

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in January 2010.

Tell me about a time you could not meet a customer’s needs in a timely manner. What did
    you do?
    Describe a time when you asked for customer feedback and used it to improve service?
    Give me an example of a time when you were not able to meet a commitment to a customer
    (internal or external). What did you do?

Thank good for Southwest, they have a fun culture, so in the future you will interview with Southwest!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a problem to solve with a group. What role did you play and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a weekinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in November 2009.

It cosisted of the supervisor talking about the position and seeing her work.

Heavy Maintenance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in September 2009.

Hiring and Interview Process were pretty standard; informal group setting. I was asked to do a "take home" excel spreadsheet exam to prove I could use Excel...fairly easy.

I didn't get the offer b/c I didn't have a 4 year college degree (I only had a 2 year degree) even though I had over 20 years aviation maintenance experience.

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in August 2009.

I applied online at the website and after a few weeks, an interviewer called me. I came in to meet her and she interviewed me for the job, I accepted and told me to come in for orientation and training the following week. The interviewing process (2005) was smooth and easy.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me if I could be available at any time or day.   View Answer
    To take it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in March 2009.

sat for my first internship interview last year, two bored airline junior executives asked me the standard battery of personality questions, to which I gave well-prepared answers. They asked me to estimate how many ping-pong balls I could fit in a 737, seeking insight into my problem-solving skills. They asked what kind of car their airline would be, if it were a car. A vision of life as a mid-level airline executive flashed before my eyes – an episode of The Office with frequent flier discounts.

After the interview, the recruiters told the career services folks that I was the most interesting candidate they had met. The career counselor couldn’t be sure if ‘interesting’ was a good thing or bad. Heaven help me if I ever have to work where I have to wonder if interesting is good.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pong balls can you fit into a passenger jet?   View Answer

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AirTran Holdings in January 2009.

I totally forgot I applied with them, filled out the app in June and got the call on Black Friday in November. Had to do a online test which consisted of mock calls to see how fast and well I was able to listen and type while handling a call. After that I was interviewd took about 15mins really all Customer Service questions that were fairly easy. The ONLY way to not get this job is to fail the mock calls, my interviewer was really cool and friendly.

Interview Questions
    Told what I what be getting and how often pay increased and I was fine with that!