AirWatch

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

QA Analyst Interview

Where to start? If you are interviewing here, be prepared for a real mess. The recruiter didn't meet me on time. The secretary that was mentioned in the interview invitation was not present. The SECURITY GUARD filling her place had no idea who I was. When the recruiter finally came and got me, my "tour" was a bee line straight to an unmarked room. The actual interview includes nothing short of a hostile military-style drilling of questions. These questions are completely unrelated to the MDM business and shows that they are not looking for people that contribute to their core customer base. After this charade, I was taken out by the last interviewer straight outside and didn't hear from the recruiter again that whole day. Later on that week I finally hear back that I will have an answer the next day. TWO days later I hear my response. Why would I work somewhere that is so completely unprofessional and disorganized? I understand that this is a transitional period with VMWare but that was months ago. Not a good showing at all.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AirWatch in October 2014.

Apply on career fair, got an on campus interview. 1 hour long. Questions are easy, basic data structure coding on white paper. Also some operating system question , mainly definition~

Entry-level Software Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AirWatch in October 2014.

Applied through college career fair, went through a on-campus interview. f2f interview took about 30 minutes.Questions were about behavior, background check and some basic technique. Better if you have knowledge of database and SQL.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AirWatch in October 2014.

I did a campus interview then was invited to an on site interview. It was a huge group of us for the on site interview. Mostly everyone was there for software dev. The campus coordinators were nice and friendly. After the tour the group separated for presentations for the positions they applied for. It was me and another person for QA but the guy didn't even want to do QA he asked twice to leave and was still forced to watch the presentation . The presentation was horrible. The guy wasn't prepared at all. He couldn't get the tv to work and didn't even know how to operate the demos he was suppose to be showing us. Nothing worked so we never saw the full functionality of the app (which will be a interviewers questions) he read from a script the whole time. Not only that but the guy completely ignored me he spoke and looked directly at the guy who didn't want to be there the whole presentation! We then was moved to the interview room. Your interviewed by two people. One person talks about the company ask about your résumé and about yourself. The second person ask the same exact thing but also give you technical scenario questions like your applying for a job with geek squad.

Interview Questions
    • Create test cases for the demo used in the presentation?

And help desk type questions..
        Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AirWatch in October 2014.

Applied online through the college career website. Got a call for a face to face interview. Interview was pretty simple with lots of behavioural questions and some logical and SQL questions. Have been selected for the second round in Atlanta.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a technical concept to a five year old and explain it more in detail.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AirWatch in October 2014.

Applied through the University Career fair. The initial process takes about 2 weeks. On campus, the interview process mainly consists of questions about the resume, behavioral skills, some questions based on the projects and some brainstorming questions. The brainstorming questions tend to get tricky sometimes.

Wireless Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at AirWatch.

i went through the initial interview a few months back. the process was relatively comfortable aside from me performing poorly in the technical computer test aspect. after the interview i spoke with the HR person and the technical manager that i was simply nervous and we both laughed. oh yeah by the way their wireless internet wasn't working at the time. i received a call back from the HR contact explaining that the credentials were good just someone else has better. understandable. fast forward a few months. i receive a call back from the same HR contact about a second interview which they specified rarely happens. the second interview went marvelous. i was supremely prepared and confident but not over confident. once the technical test was administered the manager MADE UP a test to give me which i passed with flying colors. all good right.. WRONG.. i received a call a few weeks later from the HR contact concerning discrepancies on my resume. and by discrepancies i mean ONE of my employer months of employment dates were off by a few months which by the way i explained to them while filling out the application that i sincerely didn't remember the actual month and day of employment being that they were 5 years ago, the HR contact insisted i guess the month. well fast forward another few weeks and i receive a call saying that they could not move forward because my months weren't spot on. i have a few concerns here. does EVERY candidate got through multiple three person interviews, months of background checking and cold phone calling and then REJECTION because my employment in 2007 didn't match to the month. hmm. well its not for me to decide but honestly i don't want to work for a company that scrutinizes their candidates like that even through ALL my information was correct. i went to school where i said i did, i graduated, i worked where i said i did, my positions matched up, i live where i said i did, i am who i say i am, but a couple months of employment were off and i get the boot. WHAT A SHAME. good luck to all. my overall impression is that this division in this company will not be around for long for many reasons. OH WELL.

Interview Questions
    • none. if you are truly passionate about this type of work. then the questions will be second nature to you.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AirWatch in September 2014.

First round is tech recruiter. She asked general behavior questions then come up with a list of java screening questions. Nothing difficult, general stuff you can find in a book.
    On site is two 1-hour session with architect and a programmer. They didn't ask too much about knowledge. Just pick the resume and ask previous experience

Marketing Interview

I had one interview there. It seemed like it went well, but I never head back from them. The office was much larger than I expected, it looked like a factory. I probably wouldn't have worked there after visiting it.

Community Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AirWatch.

I was brought in to interview for what I was told was a community manager position, which sounded right up my alley. My first impression when I got there was that the office looked like a sweatshop - hundreds of bodies in a single room (which apparently used to be a trading room floor), crammed together, with no personal space. I interviewed with two people who apparently didn't even know what position I was being interviewed for. Then I was told "We are looking for writers." Well that's funny, since I was told something totally different by the recruiter. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Being told that I was not, in fact, there to interview for the position they originally told me I was a candidate for.   Answer Question