Airbnb

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Airbnb in September 2012.

Received an email from HR to setup a phone interview to go over my background. Phone interview lasted about 40min, went over the basics and all went well. HR seemed enthusiastic about my skills and also seemed to really enjoy Airbnb culture and team. Ended the phone interview with asking for availability to come in for an in-house interview. The following week I walked into the Airbnb office ready to take on all 6 Finance team interviews. The office itself was amazing- office decor was beautiful, bright and inspiring. Staff appeared to be happy and energetic. All interviews went really well, staff members were knowledgeable and honest about challenges the team faces. I value getting similar responses across the board knowing people are most likely being upfront. Ended the interviews with HR telling me I would be notified shortly. Unfortunately, I ultimately did not get the job. However, Airbnb offered a gift certificate for my time which I greatly appreciated and look forward to taking advantage of!

Other Interview Reviews for Airbnb

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Airbnb in July 2011.

Was contacted without solicitation from their in-house recruiter. Had a good phone interview. Was asked to come in and meet with the hiring manager. That interview went well. Was asked back for a second round of interviews with four other team members. The meeting schedule was unorganized. Two of the people I was scheduled to meet with were not available and I got the impression the recruiter was scrambling to find replacements. No big deal - it just seemed as though they didn't really have their act together. The second round of meetings seemed to go well and I was really excited about the prospect of joining the team. Was told by the recruiter that next step would be to meet with the founders. I followed up with a message expressing my continued interest and asking for feedback. Radio silent...no reply, no "thanks, but no thanks"...nada. Who does that after bringing you in-house twice? It's unfortunate that this lack of professionalism has left me with a negative overall impression of Airbnb. It seems like a very cool, exiting environment to work in with lots of talented people. They emphasize that they are "anti-corporate." Anti-corporate is not synonomous with unprofessional and discourteous.

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airbnb in October 2011.

For the accounting position, I was contacted by the recruiter via Linkedin. I expressed interest in the position and spoke with the recruiter via phone. The phone screen went well, and I was then asked to come in and chat with three individuals, all who are part of the accounting team.