Airbnb

Relevance Date Difficulty

General Ledger Accountant Interview

General Ledger Accountant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Airbnb in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by part of the recruiting team when I submitted my resumé. The in-house recruiter set up a phone screening with me and we spoke for about 30 minutes about the position and my qualifications. The recruiter told me the process, assuming making it to the next round robin, would be as follows: phone screening, phone interview with accounting manager, in person-interview with team, in-person interview with founder. I thought it went well, but received a form rejection email promptly the next day.

Interview Question – Half of our conversation was focused on my use of Airbnb. They tell you in the application that you have to have an account. I already did and a history because, honestly, I love Airbnb and prefer to travel that way rather than stay at hotels. The second half of our conversation focused mainly on her wanting me to ask questions and this is where I feel I failed. I had mistakenly prepared questions that the accounting manager would have been able to answer, but the recruiter did not know enough about the actual work to answers these questions. I wish I had focused my questions on the Airbnb culture and other things the recruiter could have felt more confident answering.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Airbnb

Worked for Airbnb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airbnb General Ledger Accountant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Airbnb employees and interview candidates.