Airbnb Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

Photographer Interview

Found me on Flickr, asked me to join as a part time photographer, accepted the postion

Software Engineer Interview

They made me do a programming task on InterviewStreet on creating a simple search to retrieve locations and other data from a database.

Interview Questions
    • I had no experience in information retrieval so I found the task to be tough, especially since it was timed (3 hours).   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Airbnb.

Recruiter contacted after submitting resume

Interview Questions
    • Write a method which prints an array in spiral order. Starts at top left, goes to top right, then bottom right, then bottom left.   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Very lengthy. The company requires multiple phone and on-site interviews. The process can often stretch on for weeks. Some of the interviewers are very difficult to talk to and seem disinterested in interviewing you.

Data Scientist Interview

First a behavioral phone screen.
    Later followed by a take home test, given 2 hours to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Take home test contained a data analysis question that required knowledge of statistical comparison techniques.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Applied via their website. Received invitation to participate in a Hireart a couple days later. In this, they asked me to answer to some emails, and to explain some policies of their website to potential customers. Then was invited to a hiring meetup. They make us introduce ourselves, explain why did we love the company, why did we wanted to work in it, explain a fun fact about ourselves, and do some role playing answering some customer phone calls. This was the worst part because they expected you to answer really specific questions about their policies (payments, insurance, guarantees, refunds...). I don't really understand why are we supposed to memorise all these things for an interview process. Still in the process now, I'm supposed to do some skype interviews soon.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to do a Ted talk, which would it be? Why?
      Why do you want this job?
      When was the last time you worked really hard?
      When was the last time you helped someone?
      How do you cut a cake in 8 equal pieces with 3 knife cuts?
        Answer Question

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Airbnb.

Applied online, a few weeks later got an email saying I was on unsuccessful! Would not stop me applying again, as this company seems great! Hopefully will be more successful in the future. Good luck

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Filled out application and took almost a month to hear anything. Did a video interview on HireArt and then it took another month just to get a rejection email. Would have be nice to have heard sooner rather than later that I would not even get an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't that difficult. Some answers just required more than the 1 minute time limit   Answer Question

Product Person Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Airbnb.

Recruiter was flaky and it took a long time to set up a first interview. Gave me a lame programming interview to view.

Interview Questions
    • The test was inadequate and did not cover much, it is hard to know something about someone from such a test.   Answer Question

CX Interview

Online, Group Sessions, Free food

Interview Questions
    • They just are testing your culture and if you can handle being in a fraternity.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate. They underpay you like everyone else because "you're lucky to work for such an innovative company like us"

Worked for Airbnb? Contribute to the Community!