Airbnb Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Multiple rounds (4-5) not sure if that's common, but they had me interview for two positions. Great HR, communicated efficiently and very helpful. Always very prompt with following up. Wonderful experience over all, everyone was very welcoming and enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Questions

• Gave hypothetical situations of how I would analyze certain problems in the system. Mainly looking for way of thinking and ability to communicate effectively.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Well organized process, met with a lot of different people in the engineering organization. Had to actually code (which I appreciate at this level) in multiple rounds and demonstrate that it worked.

The day was pretty long so I would recommend making sure you're prepared and ready for it. I actually didn't enough during their lunch so I could feel my energy level waning in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Describing in details my management style, giving examples.   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Interview

Very lengthy. The company requires multiple phone and on-site interviews. The process can often stretch on for weeks. Some of the interviewers are very difficult to talk to and seem disinterested in interviewing you.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got an answer the day after. The whole process was fast and efficient. Not really unexpected questions:
    - Tell me about you
    - What do you expect to accomplish in this particular position?
    - Background-focused questions
    - Behavioral questions: tell me about a time in which you went through a difficult situation and how you solved it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to pay a lot of attention to detail   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Quick process. Communication between HR and hiring manager was great.

PR Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Airbnb in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online. Got an email asking me to answer some questions through HireArt, their hiring partner. Answered the questions, one which involved a video answer. Got an email the next business day saying my profile doesn't match. The entire process was actually pretty confusing and the Airbnb representative was unresponsive to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical PR questions. Where would you place an article.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

The interview process began with a video interview. There were about 5 questions that you record your response to, and you have the option to re-record your response one time if you don't like your first response. After this, there will be a phone interview with one of the Junior Account Executives that consists of a role play. In the role play, you either 1) speak with someone who has never heard of Airbnb to try and get them to become a host (cold call) or 2) speak with someone who is a host but is not active.

Next, there is an on-site interview. This was the hardest portion of the process as you meet with the hiring manager and different members of the team individually. There were no oddball interview questions; they just want to make sure you are interested in essentially cold calling all day and that you love Airbnb and what it embodies. Unfortunately, the position was "put on hold" through the holidays and I did not receive an offer. The whole interview process took a little over a month. I do believe that the next step would have been meeting the founders, so be prepared for that!

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one public person to embody who you stand for, who would that be? Why are you interested in cold calling?   Answer Question

Aircorps- Customer Service Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial communication prompt. Expect a online interview which includes writing responses to customers, and adding links from their web pages. Will also ask questions about your values and will ask you to write an email to perspective client. Briefly explain how to book online ( 30 seconds) Obvious questions like what was you worst and best customer service experience are asked in both interviews. Then expect a group interview 3 hours long. Expect to talk about your best airbnb experience as well as a "fun fact" about yourself. Be prepared to role play possible scenarios of phone calls. Always ask for evidence if someone is calling about a damaged item.

You will find out the next day if you got the job after 3pm. The company is prompt. Expect to be asked for feedback about 3 or 4 times from the company ( surveys and email). How are they doing.
    Age range of candidates mostly 21-30. A few people 38-45. Be prepared to have to sell yourself. Managers will be taking notes and watching you closely during group interview. You must stand out and make yourself memorable.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to give a Ted talk, what would it be about.   Answer Question
    • How would you explain Airbnb to your grandmother?   Answer Question
    • Be prepared to simply Love their company. Love it up! If you don't, don't apply.   Answer Question

Product Person Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Airbnb.

Interview

Recruiter was flaky and it took a long time to set up a first interview. Gave me a lame programming interview to view.

Interview Questions

• The test was inadequate and did not cover much, it is hard to know something about someone from such a test.   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airbnb (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview and hiring process are great. Well designed for the experience. Their Talent team is respectful of your time and is flexible with scheduling. The interviews are thorough and suited for the skill set they are looking for. I have to say, I had FUN at this interview day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed for this role.