Airbnb

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an answer the day after. The whole process was fast and efficient. Not really unexpected questions:
- Tell me about you
- What do you expect to accomplish in this particular position?
- Background-focused questions
- Behavioral questions: tell me about a time in which you went through a difficult situation and how you solved it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation in which you had to pay a lot of attention to detail   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Airbnb.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a video interview. There were about 5 questions that you record your response to, and you have the option to re-record your response one time if you don't like your first response. After this, there will be a phone interview with one of the Junior Account Executives that consists of a role play. In the role play, you either 1) speak with someone who has never heard of Airbnb to try and get them to become a host (cold call) or 2) speak with someone who is a host but is not active.

Next, there is an on-site interview. This was the hardest portion of the process as you meet with the hiring manager and different members of the team individually. There were no oddball interview questions; they just want to make sure you are interested in essentially cold calling all day and that you love Airbnb and what it embodies. Unfortunately, the position was "put on hold" through the holidays and I did not receive an offer. The whole interview process took a little over a month. I do believe that the next step would have been meeting the founders, so be prepared for that!

Interview Question – If you could pick one public person to embody who you stand for, who would that be? Why are you interested in cold calling?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Airbnb in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process started with a rather easy phone interview. Then it was on to the next 4 rounds of interviews. The second was a role play on how you would have to call someone who placed an inquiry on the website and overcome objections as to why they should list their space on the website. This was seemingly easy but the interviewer seemed distracted and not prepared. Overall, I didn't get an organized/professional vibe from the emails and conversations I had with those I had come into contact with.

Interview Question – Study the website and see how it works. They almost want you to be a user because they check your profile when you apply.   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Airbnb in November 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, I made it to the first round of the interview process which consisted of filming yourself via webcam and answering a few questions. There was also a brief written portion. This part was fairly easy. I then was schedule to do a mock sales call over the phone. Although I thought I had done well, I did not make it any further in the process.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Airbnb

Worked for Airbnb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airbnb Junior Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Airbnb employees and interview candidates.