Airbus Group Interview Questions in Bristol, England

3.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Airbus Group.

The process took several months and there were about four interviews:
    - First contact
    - HR
    - Behavioral/Technical
    - HR Validation

I simply applied o the EADS recruitment website, after that I was celled by an HR, and when a suitable position found I had a two-hours long behavioral and technical interview via webex; it was pleasant and held by the engineers of interested department.
    Airbus will provide detailed instructions on the interview, some examples from experience must be prepared in advance, at least one for each key value of the company.
    The technical was not very difficult, but as advice, review carefully the technical part related to the position you are applying for, not the small details, but a general understanding of the process.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, I was offered more than I asked.

Subcontracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Airbus Group in March 2013.

- 1 interview with HR in France about classic HR question (why this role, why this company, etc)
    - 1 interview with the futur manager in UK (get to know each other, etc)
    - 1 competency based interview with the futur manager and 1 person of HR (talk about an experience for each of the 4 airbus values)
    - 1 interview with the HR in charge of the team in which we will work (questions more oriented according to the context of the team)

Airbus Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Airbus Group.

Online Application - Followed by Interview, Teamwork Exercise and Presentation. Started of with a group exercise, presentation, site tour and then an interview. Also had lunch with the assessment panel (Most probably being assessed during this - although was told we were not). Got a chance to speak to current employees/interns. Interview was 50% competency based and 50% technical. Interview (interviewed by 2 assessors) took all in all about 1 hour 45 minutes. Started off basic although got quite technical as it progressed and a thorough understanding of aircraft, facts etc are vital. Genuine interest is required.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was the interview in my opinion. You really need to have a great knowledge of aircraft, so if you're studying the likes of Mechanical engineering as opposed to Aerospace Engineering, then brush up on aircraft knowledge etc. Also worth looking into the current industry, Airbus as a company and whats coming up in the future. Most unexpected question - "Give us an example of an innovative idea you've had".   Answer Question
    No negotiation. £14000+

DEG - Engineering Structures Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Airbus Group.

It's a two day process, on the first day you will have an introductory presentation and then a 2 hour technical test. The test is fairly straight forward with a mixture of questions from the different departments n engineering structures, there is a compulsory business question though on project management so a bit of research would be advised.
    Then it's off to the hotel for an informal, non-assessed meal with a current DEG and some people from structures. This is really nothing to worry about and is just a fun evening where you get to know everyone and ask any questions you have plus it really helps for the following day.
    The second day is the hardest simply because it is the longest. It consists of a group exercise, the usual format getting you to work in teams of 4. A business scenario which is when you are paired up and have to make a short presentation about how Airbus would deal with a certain situation. And of course the final most important part the day the interview, split in two you have the standard competency questions and then a technical interview. The technical interview is based around a sub structure, so brush up on the basic structures of the wing and then just talk about it as much as you can. They will help you with prompts and helping questions but they will expect you to know most of it.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the two day process was the technical interview, like I said make sure you have read up on the basic structures of a wing and can talk about it at some length.   Answer Question

DEG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Airbus Group in January 2013.

They start with you talking through your CV. Then they ask competency questions, typical STAR questions for ALL of the competencies sent to you in email. So PREPARE them extremely well.

Second part of same interview is a surprise: usually they don't tell people about this one -

They start with what do do know in the news about Airbus (latest) and want you to talk about at least 3-4 things!

Then this is leading on to a technical question such as how would you cost the landing gear of an A320. In this I felt, they were looking for common sense answer and a specific word/phrase- as soon as you say it, they beam at you.

Over all, the interviewers were so supportive and prompted me along so much that I was almost embarrassed. The good thing was that I took my time to answer the questions. I scribbled the question as they asked on a bit of paper (they provide this). Then I asked for a minute to gather my thoughts and planned my answer logically (not taking too long, mind!) and then took them through the answer, talking as if I were explaining something to someone from my point of view. (So: confident and sure but not arrogant!)

You really need to be passionate about the Supply chain, logistics, and Procurement. Don't go for it if its just a job for you. They can tell if you do. Also REALLY brush up on your aerospace knowledge. I felt I was lacking, but the important thing was that I didn't blag. I was honest and spoke up if I didn't understand a question or a component etc.

I have never had a more reassuring panel interview me and I have had at least 10 in the past year! On the day you get to mingle with the interviewers so ask them intelligent questions, I am told it is all assessed but not sure. The company culture is brilliant, I found that many interviewers had joined in as DEGs themselves so they understand your situation as a nervous participant.

The group exercise is easy! just speak up and be supportive of the team- that is what they are noticing, i think.

Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • How would you project manage a brand new plane release, what project management tools did you use? Take us through your daily routine as a PM.   Answer Question
    No negotiations really, DEGs have a set salary.

Fuel Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Airbus Group in January 2013.

The assessment centre consisted of:
    - a group activity in which you and your colleagues each have a piece of paper with different marketing strategies on them, you are not allowed to show the paper to each other and have to decide which is the best and then do a short presentation on what you found.
    - a 'business scenario' which was basically preparing a 10 minute presentation with a partner on the different external factors affecting Airbus as a company
    - a 2 hour interview consisting of 1 hour on 'competency' i.e. teamwork/leadership/organisation/whatever skills and 1 hour technical interview in which you are presented with a couple of pages of questions and have a few minutes to decide on 5 to answer

They put us up in a very nice hotel with good food and were very nice in general. You also got an opportunity to talk to some other direct entry graduates about their experiences in the job you are applying for

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected, you should have examples of all the standard leadership/teamwork/whatever situations, the technical interview didn't cover anything I'd ever done at uni before so it's pretty much using your common sense/ intuition   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Airbus Group in March 2012.

Emailed me the details of assessment centre after sending the CV and cover letter

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions or the most unexpected question to be asked. I had to describe the performance of a FSW aircraft.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Airbus Group in January 2012.

CV and Cover Letter

Interview Questions
    • What systems interact with the fuel/landing gear systems? How is fuel level measured in an aircraft?   Answer Question
    £14000 standard. No negotiation permitted, really.

Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Airbus Group in January 2011.

A very pleasent and calminterview,

consist of two stages:
    1 genreal quetions on "give an example of they way you acted" on diferent situations

2. Profecioanl quetions - quit easy.

Disagrements regarding the packge

Direct Entry Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Airbus Group in February 2010.

The process was a full assessment day which included - a group business case, an hour long interview (mainly behavioural questions, some quite technical questions related to your chosen business function), an hour long psychometric test and a business scenario and ten minute presentation.

It was a tough, long day but a very positive experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • Identify a time that you had to solve an issue in your workplace that was unsual or difficult.   Answer Question