Airgas Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.6

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Airgas.

Two phone interviews in two weeks, one with HR rep then one with hiring manager. In person interview two weeks later with hiring manager and two local site managers. Company gave presentation, site walk through, then a one on one interview with hiring manager and a two on one with local site managers. Called back within one week to ask preferred locations for incoming job offer. Official offer followed two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about explaining a change in operations to an older highly experienced member of your team?   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Airgas in June 2014.

Submitted application through a difficult web interface. Waited weeks to hear back from them. Finally traded phone calls for a few weeks and then never heard another thing. Might be my background did not match but was never told so and felt as thought they just never responded.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask me any specific questions. Seemed to already have someone they were interested in.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Airgas in June 2014.

Interview went great, had one, and then had my second and final interview with in a few weeks time. Had my first interview over the phone, then the following day I had a 1:1 interview on site. From there I had my last interview with the district manager at a different location.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Airgas in May 2014.

Applied online, asked to complete an assessment test and then in-person interview with two managers. Both were unprepared and vague. Questions were typical and interview took less than an hour. Had several applicants scheduled at the same time and date.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to give a product sales presentation to a customer on the phone.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Airgas.

Needs improvement. Slow process.

No negotiation

Recruiting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Airgas in March 2014.

Had to take an extremely long and irrelevant assessment. I came in for 2 separate interviews. The first interview was more like taking an in-person quiz and for the second interview, they wanted me to provide a strategy for their business challenges. Was not a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer quizzed me on HR terminology and asked behavorial type questions.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Airgas.

Initial process included a brief phone interview (an outsourced HireVelocity employee), then sending me a assessment that included personality, math, and vocabulary sort of questions. The assessment took about 45 minutes to an hour.

After the assessment, I was notified by someone at Airgas to schedule an on-site interview at the City of Industry location in California. My interview was about 2 hours long with the VP of Sales and a Senior Account Manager. The VP of Sales was mostly taking notes during my responses and didn't seem very engaging as my first interview with the Senior Acct. Manager.

After a week, someone from HireVelocity emailed me thanking for my time and letting me know that I would not be moving on with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time in which you had most difficulty selling a product.   Answer Question

Process Cylinder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Airgas in February 2014.

Called in and meant with plant manager

SAP Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airgas in January 2014.

Applied through School's job board, was contacted directly by hiring manager and interviewed by her and her boss.

Interview Questions
    • Typical "how you handle a difficult customer" questions - internal customers in this case.   View Answer

Interviewers made rude comments like asking about my BA degree (also have MS) saying: "so what, you couldn't get a job with that degree?" Fact is I attended Ivy league Architecture school after undergrad. Also, Top manager made moronic comments about SAP ABAP code "and all that crap" - that "crap" is the platform that your company's enterprise data runs on, dope.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Airgas.

Great process, lengthy, but very positive. One phone screen, 2 face to face interviews and a third meeting with an official offer.The questions were not technical in nature. I did have multiple interviews and with multiple hiring managers. I traveled at least 2 hours for 2 of the interviews. I didn't feel the interview process was difficult, just read the questions on Glassdoor and be prepared to discuss your abilities appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Airgas to grow our business in the geographic area you would work?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and brought up the low offer to an acceptable level for my wife and I.