Airgas Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.4

Total Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airgas in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty cut and dry. Met with two managers who were very direct and informative. Explained much about the position and expectations. Front office staff and others in passing were very friendly. I sat with an associate in the same position I was interviewing for then met with the VP. Everything went great. I felt very comfortable being open and honest with them all.

Interview Questions

• Standard things you would ask an experienced salesperson...interesting question was what type of animal would I be if I could choose anything.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a few days for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was brought in for a face to face interview with 2 sales managers. They had me sit with an associate to see what the job is like on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions

• What is it that interests you in a sales position?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

Very in depth, informative, and overall a good experience. The interview took place via phone initially then for the second phase was at a local branch. After the interview a tour of the facility was given to help understand their processes and what occurs behind the scenes. The people we friendly and seem to have a great company culture.

Interview Questions

• Many various questions in regards to professional experience to personal experiences.   Answer Question

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Independence, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was seamless and everyone was gracious and professional. The interview team(s) really were interested in my background and what I could offer the company. I felt appreciated even in the interview.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas in April 2015.

Interview

Approximate 1-hour online questionnaire followed by an in-person interview. After much back and forth I received a very low offer which I declined. Nice people but tight with their budget.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

Profile test sent and then called for phone interview that lasted over an hour long. Soft ball questions that seemed a little odd coming from HR people. I have my reservations about this place.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any commitments outside that would cause you to be late to work? Do you have a car or take the bus?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

Applied for and was interviewed twice for branch managers position in a local office. First interview with HR person and local hiring manager. The second interview was with same hiring manager and area VP. Near the end of the second interview I was told the position I had applied for had been filled by a transfer and they were actually trying to fill his position at a location 30 miles away . Turns out they knew this before calling me. To some it may not have mattered, but in my mind It was a very deceptive hiring practice. Made me wonder what they would have done to me if I had taken the job. Trust is important.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle employees that don't do what you want them to do?   Answer Question

Manager Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

Weak interview process - scripted screen questions. Made me take a profile test. Recruiter seemed distracted and not prepared. Couldn't answer questions I had about compensation plan or benefits. VP hr met me as talked about himself more than he was interested in my skills and experience and fit. Met with hiring manager at location twice. Low ball initial offer - countered twice.

Interview Questions

• None really. HR was more interested in talking about himself and his lifestyle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Two rounds of counter offers

Plant Operator Interview

Interview

easy initial phone call simple math test and physical test went for interview really relaxed suprised I was dressed up for the interview redneck hicks and that was that and I got hired. Really simple just apply anyone can get a jump working there

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Lafayette, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

I recently applied at two different locations for a delivery driver. They were both hiring for the same position but in different locations. I informed both branches that I had also applied and was contacted to be interviewed by the other branch. In one location, the branch manager had a sales employee contact me and at the other, the district manager contact me. I received an initial interview at both locations with the branch manager. Then a second interview was conducted at both locations.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generic in one sense with the first branch by the manager. The manager was assisted by the district manager and a previous driver whom has transitioned to another position. This was a new process for me but very rewarding because it was a good experience for me during this process. Basic questions were asked and it appeared that it was a generic set of questions that originated from the internet. I was fairly familiar with them because I managed for 13 years. I was not really impressed with this process because it appeared less genuine. However, one thing that I have learned to appreciate is that we all have our strong points as leaders or managers and this could have simply been a circumstance situation that produced a generic listing of interview questions buy the manager. They district manager really asked a very good question. With your experience and education, where do you see yourself in the next few years? I pondered it for a second or two, with my experience and educational background, I would be interested if the opportunity presented itself to be in your position within that time frame. Everyone smiled and laughed a little then I corrected it slightly not to ruffle the feather of the manager. the district manager said well, that means that I would have moved up also. I stated that anything is possible. I stated that it would only be after the manager would assume that position and I would assume the manager's position. The previous driver was fair because his question was very simple and to the point. How old are you? Are you able to do manual work? Overall, it was a good experience and an opportunity for me to sharpen my personal skills and interview techniques. However, the second interview was quite different in all aspects. This was without any question, the best interview that I have ever been through. The manager was honest, clear, straight to the point of wanting to know about me the person, my goals, skills, and how can I add value to the current company's operations. I was very pleased and shocked at the same time. Because of his next statement after I responded, I can read your resume up and down and back and forth, but I want to have a discussion with the person that I am interviewing. The manager discussed the background of the company, its goals and missions, and how my background and skills could potentially add to what's currently in place. We also discussed the opportunities that will be offered if hired by the company. I felt very fortunate because as the manager stated, a resume can be purchased, copied, and fabricated and not that this was the case. But, the manager wanted to know the person behind the resume. The manager gave me a tour of the shop, allowed me to meet the staff, and introduced me to the other driver whom i would work with if hired. The staff was a reflection of the manager and it was a breath of fresh air. As the manager in my mind was a reflection of the district manager and so forth. I liked this location so much that I came back the following day before I was hired to observe the operations of the driver. I was not allowed to work but only to have a discussion and observe from a distance. I have finally found a home, a place that I plan on building my career onto my retirement. Phew!! LOL.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate anything. For potential applicants, it was be advantageous to know the mission of the company and several products that this company produces or provides as a service to its vendors. Have some questions that you would like to ask as well. I was taught to always have questions because it shows that you are also interested in the company but more so you are also interviewing the manager or representative to determine if this is a good fit for your career as well.