Airline Tariff Publishing Company Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.6

Senior Java J2EE Developer III Interview

Great team of individuals and projects. Good opportunities. technical questions from a group of 5 interviewers. Enjoyed the 2 hour session. Nice office setting and building.Reception was great and good location and not too far from the Dulles airport.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company in May 2014.

Most companies email a programming assignment and based on how you do, they determine to do the next level of screening (phone screening or face to face). So, given that these days it is not expected for anyone to know the entire Java API details, what they expect (when I say they - most companies not ATPCO) is to see if your approach to solving problems.
    Although ATPCO gives a test - and claims that they want to only see your approach (and that they don't expect anyone to do well on the test - or there isn't any pass or fail on the test). The entire process seems to be a joke. If you give power to a bunch of monkeys, what do you expect?
    Not to mention - when a person tries to explain to you about the assignment, try to stay as far as possible, because BO is terrible. (People have to use deodorants). It is indeed a circus in there.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not difficult - but they tend to be teasing you.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company in March 2014.

first round telephonic round got positive feed back. then called for second round interview face to face. asked to write written test then group of people came for interview. it last for 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • in hibernate how will you detect update of record by different users at same time.
      how will spring manages transactions internal mechanism not configuration part
        Answer Question

Java Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company in June 2013.

First step is a phone screen for half hour.
    Then face to face for about 3 hours. Face to face interview will also have a skills test in java, struts 2, hibernate, UML, spring and javascript. The interview process was friendly but they will probe you till you give the answers that they only want. You might give them multiple ways to implement something but unless they hear whats in their mind they wont accept your answer. Lot of unnecessary questions which are not related to the job you will be performing if you are hired. Interview lasted almost 2 and half hours and they still were asking questions.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company in April 2013.

Went through a recruiter and then through a phone screen. The phone screen was nice with just some technical elaboration on my experience, very fair. The in person interview first required taking a written test on a variety of Java technical questions. It was very specific to Struts 2 with some difficult and very specific questions. After the test, I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people in one room. I underwent a technical grilling on a subject I explained that I was not an expert beforehand. Overall it was not a friendly process and I wasn't even given a tour or greater context of the project or company.

Interview Questions
    • The exam is very technically specific and tests your book knowledge, not strategic working knowledge   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company.

there is written test on uml, struts spring java javascript

Java Lech Lead Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company in August 2012.

Phone interview first and Face to Face later with Panel of people

Interview Questions
    • Spring - When you use Singleton instance in Spring, you will get only once instance. If I want to get multiple instances which is required for my application, how do you override or overcome the situation   View Answer

Programmer - Optional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company in March 2010.

Telephone Call, Group interview, multiple one on one sessions, conditionally hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you worked on something for a month solid, and we decided not to use your work?   View Answer
    It is pretty much a take it or leave it environment.

Senior Java J2EE Developer III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Airline Tariff Publishing Company in May 2012.

Had a half hour phone call with hiring manager and tech lead. Hiring manager gave overview of company and nature of job. Tech lead had a long list of tech questions. she stopped asking because time ran out. I didn't even get to ask any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the convention when declaring a composite ID in Hibernate?   Answer Question
    • Which design patterns have you used in your current project?   Answer Question
    • What is detached object and how do you attach it back again?   Answer Question
    • What are your daily activities at your current job?   Answer Question