Airvana

Relevance Date Difficulty

G&A Interview

G&A
Chelmsford, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Airvana.

Interview Details – One phone interview, one on-site interview, and offer made all within a couple of weeks. Negotiable salary and stock options. Recruiters and Human Resources staff were outgoing, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Chelmsford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Airvana.

Interview Details – Interview setup went fast and smooth. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. After onsite interview with 5 or 6 interviewer which started at 9am, going for lunch and one more in the afternoon. Dec. Alll were very nice and helpful.ision was made quickly after this one interview day.

Interview Question – Questions were job specific. No 'typical' interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was possible in regards to stock options.

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
Chelmsford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Airvana in August 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter. Regular interview questions. Co-founders are involved in the interview process. Tried to understand your background based on your resume, but was able to navigate well

Interview Question – What would you do differently at Airvana within the first 3 months ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay attention to details. Critical information is left out, which you don't realize until you become part of the company

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Chelmsford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Airvana in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview was about 20 mins, Basic resumes related questions and description about the position.
1:1 interview with 5 mangers and directors - Not difficult, mostly around SW development cycle, process, matrix collections; etc.
Final interview with the VP of Engineeing - more around to let me know company culture and what to expect; etc.

Interview Question – How would you influence your decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Chelmsford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Airvana in January 2009.

Interview Details – Was initially interviewed on the phone with 3 people. Questions varied from stuff I did for my dissertation to wireless technologies like 802.11, with an emphasis on C++. I got through the phone interview pretty easily and was invited on-site. First I had to do a presentation for 45 mins, followed by 6 in-person interviews. Questions were mostly focused on C++, with a few brain-teasers. I knew that I had done the interview well, and was offered the job a week later.

Interview Question – Are there cases when it's desirable to declare the constructor as "private"?   Answer Question

Worked for Airvana? Contribute to the Community!