Airvana

Updated Jun 26, 2014

3.1

G&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Airvana.

One phone interview, one on-site interview, and offer made all within a couple of weeks. Negotiable salary and stock options. Recruiters and Human Resources staff were outgoing, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Airvana.

Interview setup went fast and smooth. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. After onsite interview with 5 or 6 interviewer which started at 9am, going for lunch and one more in the afternoon. Dec. Alll were very nice and helpful.ision was made quickly after this one interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were job specific. No 'typical' interview question.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was possible in regards to stock options.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Airvana in August 2010.

Contacted by a recruiter. Regular interview questions. Co-founders are involved in the interview process. Tried to understand your background based on your resume, but was able to navigate well

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently at Airvana within the first 3 months ?   Answer Question
    Pay attention to details. Critical information is left out, which you don't realize until you become part of the company

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Airvana in April 2009.

2 phone screens and 6 personal interviews

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through how you'll pitch our technology to a customer   Answer Question
    HR inconsiderate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airvana in January 2009.

Was initially interviewed on the phone with 3 people. Questions varied from stuff I did for my dissertation to wireless technologies like 802.11, with an emphasis on C++. I got through the phone interview pretty easily and was invited on-site. First I had to do a presentation for 45 mins, followed by 6 in-person interviews. Questions were mostly focused on C++, with a few brain-teasers. I knew that I had done the interview well, and was offered the job a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Are there cases when it's desirable to declare the constructor as "private"?   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Airvana in January 2009.

Phone interview was about 20 mins, Basic resumes related questions and description about the position.
    1:1 interview with 5 mangers and directors - Not difficult, mostly around SW development cycle, process, matrix collections; etc.
    Final interview with the VP of Engineeing - more around to let me know company culture and what to expect; etc.

R&D Engineer Interview

This company hires freshers only from institutes like IITs, NITs and top colleges within the state. In case of off-campus placements, they contact your placement officer and ask interested students to apply with their CV. . After that they call you to their Bangalore office for next rounds. There are 4 rounds. First you have a written test followed by two technical interviews and one hr interview. In written test, 90% of the questions are technical (C/C++ or Java, OS, Networking, Electronics and Communication) and 10% questions are logical reasoning. First round of interview consists of questions from data structures, C/C++, Networking, OS, Telecommunication(very basic questions like 2G, 3G, etc.,) and some puzzles. Second round of interview is purely coding. I had opted for C/C++, so I was asked to code in C++. You must be very thoroughly prepared about your final year project (either B.Tech or M.Tech). If you get through the technical rounds, you will have an hr round. In hr round they just check your communication skills. You are not asked to answer any challenging questions, its just a kind of casual round. Be cool and answer the questions. Most of the questions are related to your background (i.e. your education, family, etc.,). ALL THE BEST!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Airvana in November 2013.

Had interviewed in airvana networks through college. Interview questions were all technical, Two rounds of interview. In first round some networking and os question along with one coding question. In second round they asked me about my major project. Most of the questions were easy.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the advantage of using pipeling in networking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Airvana in October 2013.

I applied off campus.Process took a day.
    There are total 3 rounds (1 written,1 technical,1 hr).
    Round 1: In written round,there are 50 questions in 1 and 1/2 hrs including c++,OS,networking,ECE and LR.
    Round 2: Its technical round. They asked me mainly from OOPS and from my project.
    Round 3: Simple Hr questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Airvana in October 2013.

This company hires freshers only from institutes like IITs, NITs and top colleges within the state. In case of off-campus placements, they contact your placement officer and ask interested students to apply with their CV. They shortlist few students based on CV. After that they call you to their Bangalore office for next rounds. There are 4 rounds. First you have a written test followed by two technical interviews and one hr interview. In written test, 90% of the questions are technical (C/C++ or Java, OS, Networking, Electronics and Communication) and 10% questions are logical reasoning. First round of interview consists of questions from data structures, C/C++, Networking, OS, Telecommunication(very basic questions like 2G, 3G, etc.,) and some puzzles. Second round of interview is purely coding. I had opted for C/C++, so I was asked to code in C++. You must be very thoroughly prepared about your final year project (either B.Tech or M.Tech). If you get through the technical rounds, you will have an hr round. In hr round they just check your communication skills. You are not asked to answer any challenging questions, its just a kind of casual round. Be cool and answer the questions. Most of the questions are related to your background (i.e. your education, family, etc.,). ALL THE BEST!!!

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to operating system were a bit tough   Answer Question