Ajilon Staffing

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.5

Contract Administrative Interview

I interviewed with Nicole Heckamann at the Mesa location and I found her to be very interested in me as a candidate and the skills that I could bring to the table for her clients. She was professional, warm, and had a wonderful sense of humor. Her questions were straight forward and I did not feel uncomfortable at the slightest. I haven't been offered a temp position as of yet but I did follow up with her yesterday. So we shall see!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Ajilon Staffing.

Interviewed with one person who really wanted to get to know me and make sure the position was a right fit for me. After the interview he discussed the job description and wanted to make sure it was a good fit for both sides. Then I was required to fill out paper work.

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ajilon Staffing.

Networking is key when getting into this company, but since they are all recruiters it's not hard to find them and reach out. They are always on the lookout for someone who will be a good fit for the office since they seem to hire and fire frequently, as well as have a high turnover rate due to employee burnout.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very candid and no formal interview questions were asked. It was conversational, they will ask about your background and what you like to do professionally and personally then will tell you all about how great their company is. They will then bring you back for a 2nd interview where they will put you on the phones to see how well you do in a live environment.   Answer Question
    They offer two base salaries, one for a candidate with a degree and one for a candidate without a degree. There isn't much room for negotiation as the rest of your compensation is based on a commission structure.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Ajilon Staffing.

Asked about last job and salary requirements.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ajilon Staffing.

My recruiter asked me to detail all my past experiences and it felt more casual then an interview. The recruiter I met with was very nice and I felt that we could work together well. I was told that there would be a followup email with tests to be completed but I never received that email. I haven't heard back in three weeks. However, it was a good interview experience to practice how I would describe my responsibilities from previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions seemed aimed at whether I had supervisory experience.   Answer Question

Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ajilon Staffing in September 2013.

I had an agent calling our company about services, instead I called their recruiter.

Interview Questions

This is a staffing firm, everything is temp or contract, still waiting for them to call me about an opportunity. I'm currently employed full time, I'm not leaving this job without something great waiting for me.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ajilon Staffing in June 2013.

Professional atmosphere, friendly professional people. Phone interview first then Interview with Managing Director, Staffing Manager and Vice Presidents. Total of about 5 interviews/meetings before offer given. Process time from start to finish was about two weeks. No trick questions, no games, professional and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Phone Auditions; Not difficult but somewhat intimidating when one doesn't have the knowledge of job. Make phone calls following script with managers listening next to you. Have confidence, follow script and have fun.   Answer Question
    base salary was standard and reviewed commission plan and discussed 2 and 3 year plan with numbers.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ajilon Staffing.

I responded to a "contract recruiter" position, but was transitioned into considering a position in-house with Ajilon as a Business Development Manager. 1st interview was for the "contract" position which seemed to be a bait and switch tactic to bring people in, following my interest I took a personality test, 2nd interview involved an "audition" (detailed below), 2nd personality/skill test (by the end of this test I was frustrated with recalling high school algebra), 3rd interview with VP. I was told several times that they have a very lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The audition was unexpected but not difficult. I was asked to look up companies in careerbuilder, monster, craigslist, etc. who are hiring, and then to call on those potential clients. This was simply a test to determine if I was capable of making a cold call and getting the name of the correct person.   Answer Question

I did not feel the I was a good match with the hiring manager.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ajilon Staffing in April 2012.

Replied to an Internet ad. Initially was sent forms to fill out by email. Some of the questions were quite probing and required considerable soul searching to fully answer - a process that I didn't appreciate at the time, but after completing it, I was glad I did.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe in detail what the perfect job would be for you, and why.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ajilon Staffing in July 2010.

I originally called the office to see if they were hiring on the business development side. Their Branch Manager, aware of my affiliation with a competitor, brought me in the next day for an in-person interview.

They had me meet with the team and discuss what I had been doing at my current employer. The interview questions were very straight-forward:

1) What attracted you to work for Ajilon?
    2) Why would you be a good fit for the team?

After the in-person interview, they had me take a personality assessment online. This was probably the worst part of the interview process. Very boring, repetitive questions that are supposed to gauge your ability to function in the role that you're applying for.

After that, I was asked to come in for an audition. This took about an hour. They had me on the phones, making cold calls to prospective clients while the Branch Manager listens.

Afterward, I had a brief phone interview with the Regional VP. After that, there was an offer made. The process wasn't terribly painful.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit for Ajilon?   View Answer