Akamai Applications Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

4.0

Applications Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I received email with WebEx meeting details. There were 3 interviewers. First one asked about SDLC, Gave me scenario and asked me to draw ER diagram and then Asked about MVC pattern. Second interviewer asked behavioural questions. Third one asked technical questions. asked me to write small java codes. Overall process took 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• For Cinema ticket booking system, draw an ER diagram, List different models you will create and relationship between model.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Five technical rounds and one round with senior manager then HR. very professional approach , liked the interview process. They expect you to be technically good. Over all good experience.

Interview Questions

• Round one : Questions from database design and then core java. round two : mostly questions from core java and problem solving. round three: Data Structure and Algorithms questions, core java , advanced java, spring , hibernate , web services , RSA algorithm and pretty much everything from the resume as well. round four : standard core java multi-threading questions and problem solving. round five : mostly problem solving questions. round six : overall previous project architecture , problems you faces and how you solved it and some managerial kind of questions.   1 Answer

Applications Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai in July 2014.

Interview

Akamai recruitment process is very tough, they take 5 rounds, All 5 rounds had technical question even though last 2 rounds were Managerial. They just not only test your technical knowledge but also test your analytical, management and communication skill.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask unexpected question they as what you have put in your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 telephonic and 1 video conference, as I was based of of bangalore, and 3 face to face rounds at their office in Bangalore. The first two rounds were purely technical. In the 3rd video conference round , I was given few business requirements and asked to code over skype. I was then asked to come to there office in Bangalore. The next round was a techno-functional round with the manager. After which I was interviewed by their director which was mainly on the work that I had done and few puzzles. The last round was the HR round, which was mainly on my work and few very simple questions. The overall interview process was very impressive. I was impressed by way they facilitated the interviews and the type of questions asked. Most of the questions asked were mainly based on scenarios and not on bookish questions as I have seen in other companies.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were based on scenarios and the interviewers tried to confuse you with the answers you gave.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Akamai pays really well to the right candidate. Negotiation was like a piece of cake. Infact they offered me more than I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process went smooth. I had initial telephonic interview after which there was an online coding test that I had to clear. After this I was called onsite for the other rounds. I was again put through a live coding test that comprised of three realtime situations and I had to code for each. Followed by a 1:1 which was more like an IQ cum logical test. After these I was put through 3 calls all on different days. These calls were with the higher folks from the US which was more like a personality and working style compatibility checks. Then came the HR round and the final compensation negotiations.

Interview Questions

• None as such. Only thing that surprised was that the realtime live coding rounds where I was asked to write three plugins. It was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation that happened and the offer was decent enough to be accepted.

Applications Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

One written round: Three sections: 1) Aptitude: 20 questions 2) Technical Aptitude: 35 questions 3) Subjective round where we had to write four programs in 30 minutes. This was followed by three technical interviews and one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• How will you detect presence of a loop in a linked list, without traversing or printing elements?   1 Answer