Akamai Applications Software Engineer Interview Questions

4.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in April 2013.

The interview process consisted of 2 telephonic and 1 video conference, as I was based of of bangalore, and 3 face to face rounds at their office in Bangalore. The first two rounds were purely technical. In the 3rd video conference round , I was given few business requirements and asked to code over skype. I was then asked to come to there office in Bangalore.
The next round was a techno-functional round with the manager. After which I was interviewed by their director which was mainly on the work that I had done and few puzzles. The last round was the HR round, which was mainly on my work and few very simple questions.
The overall interview process was very impressive. I was impressed by way they facilitated the interviews and the type of questions asked. Most of the questions asked were mainly based on scenarios and not on bookish questions as I have seen in other companies.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions asked were based on scenarios and the interviewers tried to confuse you with the answers you gave.   View Answer
Akamai pays really well to the right candidate. Negotiation was like a piece of cake. Infact they offered me more than I was expecting.

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

The interview process went smooth. I had initial telephonic interview after which there was an online coding test that I had to clear. After this I was called onsite for the other rounds. I was again put through a live coding test that comprised of three realtime situations and I had to code for each. Followed by a 1:1 which was more like an IQ cum logical test. After these I was put through 3 calls all on different days. These calls were with the higher folks from the US which was more like a personality and working style compatibility checks. Then came the HR round and the final compensation negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • None as such. Only thing that surprised was that the realtime live coding rounds where I was asked to write three plugins. It was unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was not much negotiation that happened and the offer was decent enough to be accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Akamai in July 2012.

One written round:
    Three sections: 1) Aptitude: 20 questions
    2) Technical Aptitude: 35 questions
    3) Subjective round where we had to write four programs in 30 minutes.

This was followed by three technical interviews and one HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will you detect presence of a loop in a linked list, without traversing or printing elements?   View Answer