Akamai

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Akamai in May 2009.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from their recruiter. Set up an initial phone conversation which led to being invited in for personal interviews. It took over a week to set up the date. Came in and waited half hour for the interviewer. The whole atmosphere was extremely cold. The first interviewers asked me about my past, skills and to provide examples of various projects I worked on. The next interviewer seemed to be rushed and made no eye contact with me. The next interviewer was a sales person who had only been at the company for 3 months and did not know what she was doing. I walked out very confused.

Interview Question – Tell me of a challenge you have had in the work field and how you managed it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 3 of the 5 people who interviewed me were extremely cold and egotistical. Not the type of place I would like to be in.

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!