Akamai Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted in 2-3 weeks. Had a phone interview. 3-4 on site interviews.
    The process was fast.
    Phone interview: data structures, algorithms, networking, security, c
    On site: data structures, algorithms, c, network programming

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Four coding meetings, and two other with Hiring Managers.
    Hiring managers would ask behavioral questions and projects. Would also like you to describe the product of your current work.
    The technical will include only whiteboard.
    HR friendly. Nice buildings and rooms. Nice vibes and seem to have nice friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Find the common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree (not binary search tree). Interviewers didn't know the complexity.
      Q2: Write echo client-server model. It is expected to know the signatures of the apis and the arguments passed in bind, listen, accept.
      Q3: Implement ringbuffer.

1 Answer

Applications Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I received email with WebEx meeting details. There were 3 interviewers. First one asked about SDLC, Gave me scenario and asked me to draw ER diagram and then Asked about MVC pattern. Second interviewer asked behavioural questions. Third one asked technical questions. asked me to write small java codes. Overall process took 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• For Cinema ticket booking system, draw an ER diagram, List different models you will create and relationship between model.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Akamai (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone call is required after my application. The manager call me and have a 30 minutes chat. He ask me some basic questions like why akamai? who are you? Do you know how Akamai works? At last he ask me a technical question that what is cache policy. Unfortunately, I do not get a idea at that time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Pretty standard system. I applied through a recruiter, had a phone interview maybe two weeks later, an on-site interview two weeks after that, and was offered the position that same week. On-site, I interviewed with two people (separately), the person in charge of the team I'd be joining and another who headed a sister team.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very directly tied to the specifics of the position. It was a web dev job, so there were lots of design questions about my strongest framework, and some basics about net technology (HTTPS, etc). They also asked me to walk them through one of my previous projects, justify why I had made certain design choices, and talk them through how certain functionalities were coded. There were occasional questions about how I would change certain features if they needed to accomplish an additional task, though that just felt like another way to test my knowledge of the framework.

If your resume relies on past projects more than past employment, it's a good idea to bring in something that illustrates what you've accomplished in a recent project (source code, web/dev version of the project, a powerpoint or .pdf showing core functionalities, whatever). I had something like that, and it was extremely useful; both interviewers wanted to look through it. I got the feeling the interview would have been much more challenging if I didn't have a way to concretely demonstrate my abilities.

Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

4 interviews - 1 behavioral only w/hiring manager and 3 interviews that were a mixture of behavioral and case-based with the rest of the team.
    The team was extremely nice throughout the process.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

phone screen went well, but absolutely no follow up whatsoever. was very disappointed in the lack of next steps and the radio silence.I had heard that they take a very long time to phone screen and interview before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• difference between http and https   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

Interview

There were many phone screens and a 5 hour on-site with multiple people from the organization. Most of the people were from the Business Unit looking for support from the hiring group. Most of the participant were friendly enough while one asked the same questions over and over but in different ways.

Interview Questions

• None. Most of the questions were typical for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Clean. They offered stock options because I had options from the previous company,

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I got a mail from the recruiter, had an initial phone call with the recruiter, followed by a couple of interviews with the team members. Interview questions were mainly focused on Java, SQL, Linux and networking.
    I got an onsite invitation after a week, replied them with my availability, but never heard back from the recruiter. I tried calling him and mailed him several times, but there was no response.
    Never expected this from such a big company!! Seriously disappointed with Akamai !!

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Akamai.

Interview

This was a campus placement. I had to give a written test (aptitude, data structures, os, networks, design) followed by three rounds of interview.

Round one - Questions were related to Data structures mostly.
    Round two - Questions were again related to data structures and system design.
    Round three - a testing focused round.

Interview Questions

• One question related to trees was tricky. Dont remember the exact details   Answer Question