Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Akamai
- Software Engineer (27)
- Senior Software Engineer (14)
- Systems Software Engineer (9)
- Technical Project Manager (9)
- Technical Support Engineer (7)
- Associate Solutions Architect (7)
- Applications Software Engineer (6)
- Product Manager (6)
- Intern (6)
- QA Engineer (5)
- Solutions Architect (5)
- Senior Solutions Architect (5)
- Customer Solutions Engineer (5)
- Client Service Manager (4)
- Senior Program Manager (4)
- Senior QA Engineer (4)
- Senior Performance Engineer (4)
- Senior Systems Software Engineer (3)
- Associate Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (3)
- Senior Technical Project Manager (3)
- Account Development Executive (3)
- Solutions Engineer (3)
- Relationship Manager (3)
- Network Engineer (2)
- Network Operations Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Engagement Manager (2)
- Senior Solutions Engineer (2)
- Performance Engineer (2)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akamai.
I was approached by a recruiter. I blew through the pre-screen and had a great conversation about the company, so then the recruiter set up a phone interview with a Solutions Architect. It went poorly because this person obviously had very limited interviewing experience--it felt more like an interrogation than a conversation. In fact, when I answered a question by way of analogy, he was completely baffled!
- Please describe in detail this document that you wrote for your employer. (Difficult to do without divulging proprietary information about my employer.) Answer Question
- No OfferDifficult Interview
Gave me a set of questions to prepare and asked about HTTP,DNS in Technical round. There are behavioral, logical and HR rounds as well. The set of questions were tricky and tested my knowledge on HTTP, DNS and a bit about programming. In the behavioral round, they asked about various situations during my projects and how I dealt them.
- HR round was tricky. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.
Two phone interviews plus 5 on-site interviews. Team matching was interesting wherein I was interviewed by all the members of the team I was to join. Final offer letter discussion call.
- Explain the TCP handshake and SSL handshake. Answer Question
Internship - no negotiation
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in December 2013.
First round was a Call interview which was basically asking questions based on the resume like past projects and work experience, after one day they called me for an on-site which was like 2 hours and was interviewed by 5 people in total. Questions were based on TCP/IP protocols like DNS, HTTPS, Programming and some puzzles
- How Internet works ? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in February 2012.
First HR Phone Interview, then Tech Interview, then invited for on-site interview with new team of 4 members lasting 45 mins each, asking relative questions to the kind of job. People were down to earth, working on cutting edge stuff. Unfortunately I was not selected because they went with someone who has worked more closely with the technology.
- If you want to send data securely through HHTP tunnel, describe the different ways of doing it, which is the best one? Answer Question
Helpful (7)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.
through college...first online test.The test consisted of quant,logical reasoning and verbal reasoning.2 technical inteviews and one hr.Technical mostly consisted of databse and network questions as well as a bit here dere Os questions.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Mangalore (India)) in July 2013.
aptitude and technical written round,followed by 2 technical round and finally hr round. Aptittude was 60 questions. technical written was 30 questions. technical round included questions on data structures and data communication.Hr round included logical question and personal questions
- 3 things important to be in this role Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in August 2012.
Part of on campus recruitment. They asked general questions in DBMS, Algos, Java. Then Dept head asked about projects. Finally HR interview.
- What would you do if your team mate is uncooperative? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review