Akamai Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.2

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was lightning fast and quite efficient. A recruiter called me and after the first call with the HR manager set me up with the team's main manager. It went great and I was already told to wait for the next call with another manager. The second call was a bit technical compared to the first one but still I was told that I was through immediately and just had to schedule on-site interviews. The on-site interview was setup quite smoothly and it was 5 sessions of 45 mins each interview. 4 of them were purely technical while one of them I felt was interspersed with the technical rounds to make me feel easy! Overall, I felt I wasn't the best but did a decent job.

Interview Questions

• Many interesting questions and most to test capability to think on your feet and respond to different scenarios. Basic questions about DNS, TCP and also queueinig disciplines   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Can anyone explain to me the radio silence and lack of HR communication? I attended a face to face in interview with the hiring manager, 3 of the team & with HR. "We will let you know one way or the other in less than 2 weeks". It is now 4 weeks later and 2 unanswered emailed I sent to HR looking for some feedback. Everything was super professional up until this point. Is this a sign that I dodged a bullet? I was very excited for the prospect of working here but this has left me with a bad taste. All it takes is to hit reply on the email. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2015.

Interview

First step was a phone screen. The call was from a recruiter but he seemed to be a former developer. He asked several questions about core Java. Make sure you are familiar with the basics: 1) core java and OO concepts 2) garbage collection algorithms 4) threads 5) databases

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I introduced a little bit about myself and my background. Then, interviewers introduced what they did. Finally, some basic network questions are asked. The interviewers are very kind. They tried their best to lead you to the answers that they wanted.

Applications Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I received email with WebEx meeting details. There were 3 interviewers. First one asked about SDLC, Gave me scenario and asked me to draw ER diagram and then Asked about MVC pattern. Second interviewer asked behavioural questions. Third one asked technical questions. asked me to write small java codes. Overall process took 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• For Cinema ticket booking system, draw an ER diagram, List different models you will create and relationship between model.   Answer Question

Global Commissions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard process for a big company - I had a screening interview with the company recruiter, and a week later phone interview with the hiring manager. The next step was in person interview with 3 people. The Hiring Manager, the Manager of department that works closely with the Commissions Analysts and the Director of Operations, the interviews were OK, no hard or tricky questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone call is required after my application. The manager call me and have a 30 minutes chat. He ask me some basic questions like why akamai? who are you? Do you know how Akamai works? At last he ask me a technical question that what is cache policy. Unfortunately, I do not get a idea at that time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Pretty standard system. I applied through a recruiter, had a phone interview maybe two weeks later, an on-site interview two weeks after that, and was offered the position that same week. On-site, I interviewed with two people (separately), the person in charge of the team I'd be joining and another who headed a sister team.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very directly tied to the specifics of the position. It was a web dev job, so there were lots of design questions about my strongest framework, and some basics about net technology (HTTPS, etc). They also asked me to walk them through one of my previous projects, justify why I had made certain design choices, and talk them through how certain functionalities were coded. There were occasional questions about how I would change certain features if they needed to accomplish an additional task, though that just felt like another way to test my knowledge of the framework. If your resume relies on past projects more than past employment, it's a good idea to bring in something that illustrates what you've accomplished in a recent project (source code, web/dev version of the project, a powerpoint or .pdf showing core functionalities, whatever). I had something like that, and it was extremely useful; both interviewers wanted to look through it. I got the feeling the interview would have been much more challenging if I didn't have a way to concretely demonstrate my abilities.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

4 interviews - 1 behavioral only w/hiring manager and 3 interviews that were a mixture of behavioral and case-based with the rest of the team. The team was extremely nice throughout the process.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

phone screen went well, but absolutely no follow up whatsoever. was very disappointed in the lack of next steps and the radio silence.I had heard that they take a very long time to phone screen and interview before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• difference between http and https   1 Answer