Akamai Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter about an open Network Admin position at the Reston, VA location. I submitted my resume, made it through the phone interview, and was invited in for in-person/video interviews with local VA staff, and Cambridge, MA staff. The interviews seemed to go well; I answered all their questions successfully. The interviews concluded with them saying they'd follow up in a few days. I never heard anything back at all. No "Sorry, we're not interested" or anything. Very unprofessional. I called my recruiter back, but they had no information after the point that they put me in direct contact with Akamai. I didn't have any direct email addresses for the people who interviewed me, but a quick browse of the website showed me the general email address format, so I took a guess and sent "thank you" emails to everyone I interviewed with. None of the emails bounced back to me, so they were delivered somewhere. However, I never heard anything from anyone.

I was very disappointed. In addition to being well qualified for the position, Akamai has a reputation of being a great place to work. Unfortunately, their interviewing/hiring practices leave something to be desired. At least in the VA office.

Associate Product Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Akamai in January 2014.

Applied on linkedIn, heard from their HR department very soon the day after and set up an initial phone interview, still waiting to hear back about whether I progressed to the next interview or not

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai in January 2014.

I had a great experience applying for this position. About two to three weeks after applying online, I talked to the hiring manager and the depart manager. We reviewed my resume, I gave some background to my projects and listed experience and just had a good conversation about other interests we had in common. I was soon invited for an onsite interview a week later where I met with three people I would be potentially working with.

Offered a flexible start date, $35/hour, and a $1,500 housing stipend

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Akamai.

Recruiter contacted first, then phone interview with hiring manager (team leader). Got in-person interview and met 4 persons in 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about HTTP, DNS, HTML, caching. Project management experience, size, scope, difficulties.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai in January 2014.

I had applied for this position through the job portal and got an email from HR after 2 weeks asking to schedule a call.

I received a call and was asked about my resume, some basic networking questions and regarding my experience.

I am still waiting for a response from them.

Interview Questions
    • Linux was not mentioned in my resume but HR asked me about it.   Answer Question

Network Operations Co-op Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Met at Career Fair. Phone interview.

QA Intern Interview

I did my application thru their career portal. I got call next day afternoon 2PM. I was asked about my projects and experience.

Interview Questions
    I have been called fo onsite inerview. Will update my interview asap. Btw, my interview is on C/C++ and networking protocols

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Akamai in December 2009.

typical "interview-loop" where you meet with 4+ folks for basic "sniff-test". be prepared to highlight a specific account you landed and/or existing Customer you grew, rattle off your elevator pitch, white-board.

Interview Questions
    • I liked this question, "how would you spend your time if you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore?"   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Akamai in December 2013.

This is the second time that I have gone through the interview process with Akamai. They are known for the process being long. The first time I was offered a position at another company before I finished the interview process. This time they asked more technical questions and the details on the actual job seems like it is more of a Technical Production Manager role than Project Manager. By the information provided beyond the job description Akamai's version of a project management role focuses more on interfacing with the technology and leading repetitive short projects rather than focusing on people, schedule, and process in development.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions on TCI/IP, HTTP protocols, ports, and server responses in the first round.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Akamai in July 2013.

I had one phone screen followed by onsite interviews. The phone screen lasted only 20 minutes and the questions were relatively easy. I had the impression that the interviewer was not really paying attention. I was surprised when they called me for the onsite interview in San Mateo, CA. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and two other program managers based in Cambridge MA via video conference. The question were all situational related to program and project management. The second half was with a development manager and the configuration manager based in San Mateo. The development manager was interested mostly in how I would implement Agile within the development teams that are attached to waterfall. The interview with the Configuration Manager was terrible. He was not the right person to interview a Program Manager. He made inappropriate comments like 'why do you program manager get paid so much?' He had little idea what the position was about. It seemed like the team in Cambridge was keen to hire a Program Manager in San Mateo. However the team in San Mateo was reluctant to have someone forced on them. And I felt like I wasted my time with them.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflicting priorities?   View Answer