Akamai Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter in ~2 weeks. We scheduled an in-house interview for about 2 weeks away and I also briefly went over my past projects and work experience. I was hired as a Junior in college. The environment was great and the people working there were all extremely friendly. The pay is very good for interns (and I'm sure other positions) and I received an informal job offer 30 seconds after the interview. The interview and hiring experience seems much more organized and well coordinated that previous internships I have had at other companies.

Interview Questions

• When does the Java garbage collector fail?   1 Answer
    • Explain the development process used in (a specific) past project? How would you improve it? Process you would go through to add feature X?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with agile development?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. First phone interview where they asked Java core questions. Then phone interview with the hiring manager, he was pleasant and seemed to like my experience. In person interview was with 4 people. They asked technical and brain teasers. One guy put me on the spot several times. he didn't seem to like my answers even though they were reasonable. Asked about stack implementation Asked the light bulb question on 100 floors. Then the response was they were looking for a principal engineer, Guys don't you read the resume???

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Interview

The interview process was very transparent, and competitive. I was asked few on the fly technical questions on my 1st introductory call with the HR. I wasn't expecting this - but I believe it is a good practice. It helps to judge the basic fundamental knowledge before moving further in the process. I was then scheduled for a technical phone interview. It lasted roughly about 60-75 minutes. The onsite was scheduled shortly after and it is an half a day process. I was subjected to 4-5 one hour interviews ranging from technical to behavioral questions. In total - I'd say the entire process was really smooth and transparent. The interviewers focused mostly on the aspects of skills required to get the job done for this position. Hence it mostly hovered around TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, Linux, Network troubleshooting, Python & personality/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• There was one Scenario based questions on Network troubleshooting. It expected us to apply each and every concept of network layers & Linux debug. It was extremely logical & the approach required was entirely conceptual based.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. Recruiter called me next day and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes long, on the same day the recruiter called and scheduled an onsite interview. On site interview had five one - on - one interviews; one with an engineering manager and four technical interviews with engineers. Within 5 days recruiter reached me back with an offer. Negotiated the base salary and accepted the offer. Took only 4 weeks from first call to first day at Akamai.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, OS, Networking questions. I wrote the code for algorithms on a white board in C. Some of the OS and Networking questions were direct and others were in the form of a design questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated the base salary. It took 2-3 calls back and forth to get what I wanted.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

The process is really simple. I got a pre screening from recruiters and then had on site interview 2 weeks later. The onsite interview had three rounds with around 45 minutes for each round. The total process is awesome but not stressful. The interview touched every aspect of product management including product design, product execution, brand management, marketing strategy, technical details...

Interview Questions

• How would you price the enterprise product for Akamai   1 Answer

Associate Solutions Architect Interview

Interview

Gave me a set of questions to prepare and asked about HTTP,DNS in Technical round. There are behavioral, logical and HR rounds as well. The set of questions were tricky and tested my knowledge on HTTP, DNS and a bit about programming. In the behavioral round, they asked about various situations during my projects and how I dealt them.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got a email from LinkedIn from Akamai recruiter. After initial phone screen(bit technical), another phone screen from another reruiter(looks like they ask tech questions from already developed script and match your answers to qualify). After recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen was done a couple of days later. Hiring manager asked to come for site interview. Talked to 6 people and most of them asked algorithm and logic questions (which can be found if you google). Recruiter later contacted with no hire news. Got another call from different reruiter for different position followed by phone screen, site interview. No reply despite calling and emailing, so assumed it was no hire and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Lots of logic and algorithm questions, http/https questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screenings with recruiters. This was followed by phone interviews with hiring managers. On site interview included 2:1 or 1:1 rounds, averaging about 45 minutes a round. Well paced, staying close to the proposed schedule and agenda, Each round started and ended close to on time. Very professional. Overall, the experience very good. Recruiters kept you well informed through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Presented with scenarios, and ask to offer solutions. Mostly interested in your approach, not the solution.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee. Got very mixed opinion on the hiring manager: it was not clear if he was playing with me or he was just a personal like that. Also, he wasn't present at the day of the interview so I haven't met him in person. Hopefully, won't need to. Got positive opinion on the team and the project manager. Very technical people. Mixed background. Quite senior people. Was quite easy to start understanding each other without to much words. Some of the interview sessions were help by two people simultaneously, including remote ones. I don't think it worked out too well. It was, probably, OK as a training session for fresh interviewers but none from the guys was a nub in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. The interview is very similar to what you would get at Google or any other large technical company. Algorithms, data structures, system design, thinking out loud. Refresh your stuff on your resume and be prepared to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got multiple offers and chose the one I liked the best.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process started with a call from Akamai recruiter. It was a basic first call with 10 basic technical questions at the end. The second round was on phone with one of the managers. The questions asked were mostly related to what I do and what is the requirement there. The final round was on site. I was interviewed by four people. The technical questions were related to HTTP, HTTPS, DDoS, DNS and working of some basic layer 4 protocols.

Interview Questions

• How to differentiate a attack traffic from regular traffic   Answer Question