Akamai

144 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Senior Solutions Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai in August 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by hr first, asked a few basic networking questions. Then I was contacted by hiring manager, then a onsite with 7more interview. Nothing very technical, more about processes and behavior type of question, thought I had good interview.

Interview Question – Unexpected was no technical question during interview.ok   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Akamai in August 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter. Phone interview was technical on C basics like pointer manipulations and a design question on string manipulation.
Onsite was very technical interview on multi-threaded web-server design, coding, string manipulations. Explain the challenging projects...etc.

Interview Question – Multi-threaded web server design   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Phone screening with basic questions about networking. Interview panels involving whiteboard coding, system design, and brain teasers. Seemed targeted at new graduates since none of the interview time was spent talking about past work or experience.

Interview Question – Brain teasers.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Akamai

Interview Details – first phone interview. Onsite interview with 5 different team of portal. Manly basic question like singleton pattern, HashTable, etc..

Interview Question – about cnames   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with recruiters. One phone interview with an (arrogant) hiring manager. No courtesy or notification of acceptance or rejection after the interview, very rude.
After no news for 2 weeks, these jokers sent me an email to complete an EEO application!
Akamai sucks!

Interview Question – What is your management style? How do you work with difficult people?   View Answer

Multiple Jobs At Multiple Groups Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Akamai in May 2013.

Interview Details – was contacted by recruiter saying they were interested in talking to me about network system engineer position. Went in, found people from 3 groups going to interview me. 3 out of 4 interview sessions were conducted by two people at same time, like mini panel. They most asked skill or area that they would need out of me for their need. I have been doing SQA in networking field, they asked me to design test cases for the scenarios (simpler or more complex ones ) they gave on whiteboard or paper, then asked a lot of automation and perl, and even had to explain a hard-to-read perl script on a paper they brought in. Next day, got email for second around of interview with one of group , not sure what would be next.

Interview Question – was told the initial meeting was open house type of interview, found out it was more technical and right on topics.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Relatively simple, 3 phone interviews.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase as it was an internship.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Was called for only one interview in Akamai that lasted for 30 min. Was asked about Project and some data structure questions. Nothing was asked about Networking and unix /linux experience. I was surprised myself to be interviewed for this position since I hold a experience in J2EE and Spring MVC and have little knowledge of Unix/ linux. The interview seemed to be just a formality and I got rejection stating that they need somebody with unix experience.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on Projects   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – A friend had referred me to a Vice President who then connected me with a recruiter to initiate the process.

I then conducted several phone interviews with Program Managers and then an onsite interview with 3 technical managers. I was not hiring into a fully technical position, but I was still asked about how Akamai works to understand my aptitude and ability to learn the technology.

Interview Question – How does the internet work?   View Answers (20)

Negotiation Details – Fair, did a good job of meeting any reasonable demands.

Senior Software Engineer

I interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

Interview Details – One telephonic interview and 4 during onsite interview...

Interviews for Top Jobs at Akamai