Akamai Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akamai (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got a email from LinkedIn from Akamai recruiter. After initial phone screen(bit technical), another phone screen from another reruiter(looks like they ask tech questions from already developed script and match your answers to qualify). After recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen was done a couple of days later. Hiring manager asked to come for site interview. Talked to 6 people and most of them asked algorithm and logic questions (which can be found if you google). Recruiter later contacted with no hire news. Got another call from different reruiter for different position followed by phone screen, site interview. No reply despite calling and emailing, so assumed it was no hire and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Lots of logic and algorithm questions, http/https questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screenings with recruiters. This was followed by phone interviews with hiring managers. On site interview included 2:1 or 1:1 rounds, averaging about 45 minutes a round. Well paced, staying close to the proposed schedule and agenda, Each round started and ended close to on time. Very professional. Overall, the experience very good. Recruiters kept you well informed through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Presented with scenarios, and ask to offer solutions. Mostly interested in your approach, not the solution.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee.
    Got very mixed opinion on the hiring manager: it was not clear if he was playing with me or he was just a personal like that. Also, he wasn't present at the day of the interview so I haven't met him in person. Hopefully, won't need to.
    Got positive opinion on the team and the project manager. Very technical people. Mixed background. Quite senior people. Was quite easy to start understanding each other without to much words.

Some of the interview sessions were help by two people simultaneously, including remote ones. I don't think it worked out too well. It was, probably, OK as a training session for fresh interviewers but none from the guys was a nub in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. The interview is very similar to what you would get at Google or any other large technical company. Algorithms, data structures, system design, thinking out loud. Refresh your stuff on your resume and be prepared to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got multiple offers and chose the one I liked the best.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process started with a call from Akamai recruiter. It was a basic first call with 10 basic technical questions at the end. The second round was on phone with one of the managers. The questions asked were mostly related to what I do and what is the requirement there. The final round was on site. I was interviewed by four people. The technical questions were related to HTTP, HTTPS, DDoS, DNS and working of some basic layer 4 protocols.

Interview Questions

• How to differentiate a attack traffic from regular traffic   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in September 2014.

Interview

HR > Hiring manager > Technical Interview > On-site interview with many people. The process seemed okay, but didn't end as I would of thought. They are trying to create an office collaborative culture. For my final interview they told me to come in and meet the team. I came into the local office, it was the size of a hotel room. I ended up just meeting 1 person and sat in a conference room the entire time and videoed with everyone else. Everyone else I interviewed with was across the country. Ultimately, the interview all went well on my side and feedback seemed great. Nothing hard, everything smooth. A couple days later the HR recruiter nicely followed up with me and said she was going to get feedback in the afternoon and let me know soon. 1 month later, I never heard back...

Interview Questions

• Web technical questions you should understand if you are applying for this job   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Akamai in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and one of their representatives, a senior software engineer, called me in 10 days. He mostly asked about my background, my thesis, my skills. He was mostly interested in knowing if I knew machine learning and how well. Did not ask any technical questions. Other topics he asked questions about included TCP/IP, programming in C++/Java, understanding of algorithms. He asked about any large-scale software projects that I have worked on, then asked questions about that project in detailed, asked what the challenges were and how I approached the design.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got the email for the phone screening from the recruiter, did the screening with the recruiter (basic networking and linux questions). Got to the second round of phone interview and suddenly a shock. I applied for SDET position and interviewed with the recruiter for that position as it was with C/C++ and got the email for the 2nd interview for QA test engineer with Perl scripting.
    Interviewer was talking in a very low pitch voice that I couldn't figure out what he was asking at one go. Basic networking questions and two analytical thinking which is no where close to what the company does. I mean why do you need to ask those insane questions if all you are gonna do is technical things. Got one right and got one wrong!
    I wouldn't suggest this company to a friend!

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

HR Telephonic ( semi-technical, for 30 minutes)
    Project Manager Telephonic ( 30 minutes, technical)
    4 hours of onsite ( this is waste of time, they asked same questions again and again and few people don't know what they are talking)

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Phone interview and screening with recruiter, 3 phone interviews with hiring managers over several weeks, half day with 4 in person interviews with senior technical directors and a group lunch

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would have structured a program for a real life example   Answer Question

Engineering Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

Interview

This was a smooth, efficient and quick process.
    A recruiter contacted me via email, and I had two more calls, one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. Nhe recruiter scheduled an onsite interview (with travel). The onsite interview was 6 hours, with a lunch break. Interview sessions included the hiring manager, two peer managers, and two more senior managers. I had followup calls with the recruiter and hiring manager and an offer I accepted within a week.

Interview Questions

• The interview process friendly and professional. The interview team wanted to get to know me, not to catch me in a mistake.   Answer Question