Akamai

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Akamai

Interview Details – first phone interview. Onsite interview with 5 different team of portal. Manly basic question like singleton pattern, HashTable, etc..

Interview Question – about cnames   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with recruiters. One phone interview with an (arrogant) hiring manager. No courtesy or notification of acceptance or rejection after the interview, very rude.
After no news for 2 weeks, these jokers sent me an email to complete an EEO application!
Akamai sucks!

Interview Question – What is your management style? How do you work with difficult people?   View Answer

Multiple Jobs At Multiple Groups Interview

Multiple Jobs At Multiple Groups
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Akamai in May 2013.

Interview Details – was contacted by recruiter saying they were interested in talking to me about network system engineer position. Went in, found people from 3 groups going to interview me. 3 out of 4 interview sessions were conducted by two people at same time, like mini panel. They most asked skill or area that they would need out of me for their need. I have been doing SQA in networking field, they asked me to design test cases for the scenarios (simpler or more complex ones ) they gave on whiteboard or paper, then asked a lot of automation and perl, and even had to explain a hard-to-read perl script on a paper they brought in. Next day, got email for second around of interview with one of group , not sure what would be next.

Interview Question – was told the initial meeting was open house type of interview, found out it was more technical and right on topics.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Relatively simple, 3 phone interviews.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase as it was an internship.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Was called for only one interview in Akamai that lasted for 30 min. Was asked about Project and some data structure questions. Nothing was asked about Networking and unix /linux experience. I was surprised myself to be interviewed for this position since I hold a experience in J2EE and Spring MVC and have little knowledge of Unix/ linux. The interview seemed to be just a formality and I got rejection stating that they need somebody with unix experience.

Interview Question – Questions were mainly based on Projects   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – A friend had referred me to a Vice President who then connected me with a recruiter to initiate the process.

I then conducted several phone interviews with Program Managers and then an onsite interview with 3 technical managers. I was not hiring into a fully technical position, but I was still asked about how Akamai works to understand my aptitude and ability to learn the technology.

Interview Question – How does the internet work?   View Answers (20)

Negotiation Details – Fair, did a good job of meeting any reasonable demands.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

Interview Details – One telephonic interview and 4 during onsite interview...

Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview

Systems Software Engineer Intern
Cambridge, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

Interview Details – Their recruitment process is very strange. First, a university recruiter from Cambridge, MA sent me an e-mail asking if I had the skills their required for this position - understanding of networking protocols, experience in JavaScript, PHP, CSS etc. He also asked me to provide a technical write-up on my experience in these tools and technologies. I believe I have strong experience in all the mentioned areas. So, I sent back an email with the technical write-up, but never heard back, although the recruiter mentioned that if I have the required skills (which I have) he WILL invite me to a pre-screen interview. This kind of recruiter's behaviour would be acceptable only for a much worse company, but not for a company like Akamai. The recruiter showed me no respect, first asking me to provide a detailed write-up and then not even spare 5 minutes to write back.

Interview Question – Asked me to provide him a detailed technical write-up on my skills.   View Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – two phone interviews and full day in-person interview with five people. Very professional and nice people.

Interview Question – technical questions around network topology   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Akamai in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth. The hiring division people are cheaters.
The HR manager negotiated a salary with me but changed the salary again after 10 days.
On top of that they still dint reimberse the interview expenses.
Trust me, may be the engineering division is pretty decent. But the HR people are very bad
Its waste of time to even apply.

Interview Question – All the questions were staright forward   Answer Question