Akamai

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.3

Associate Product Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai in January 2014.

Applied on linkedIn, heard from their HR department very soon the day after and set up an initial phone interview, still waiting to hear back about whether I progressed to the next interview or not

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai in January 2014.

Hiring manager phone interview first. 4 hr technical interview. Two interviewers each round. Some through video conference. No lunch. Making offer decision quickly. Problem solving questions. Algorithm. Coding. Solution don't have to be perfect. But thorough analysis and design.

Interview Questions
    • Read printout code with bugs or inefficient code. Find them and fix them   Answer Question
    Yes, depending on how much they want you.

Principal Software Engineer - Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in January 2014.

Recruiter called me first and scheduled a phone interview. They asked me to come to Boston for the interview. There were 10 interviews in the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • There are no android developer in the team. So all the questions were about networking. They didn't ask about Android.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akamai in December 2013.

This is the second time that I have gone through the interview process with Akamai. They are known for the process being long. The first time I was offered a position at another company before I finished the interview process. This time they asked more technical questions and the details on the actual job seems like it is more of a Technical Production Manager role than Project Manager. By the information provided beyond the job description Akamai's version of a project management role focuses more on interfacing with the technology and leading repetitive short projects rather than focusing on people, schedule, and process in development.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions on TCI/IP, HTTP protocols, ports, and server responses in the first round.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in November 2013.

I applied through the website and a recruiter called me. i had several phone interviews and a final half day in person interview. Questions were both technical, behavioral, and managerial.

Interview Questions
    • whiteboard the entire process from typing a url to the browser to final rendering of the page.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

Had an email from the recruiter and followed by an arrangement for an Phone interview.
    The Recruiter wasnt reachable or the call i expected from the recruiter didnt happen as scheduled and had to follow up personally. The recruiter got back after 4 days to reschedule the interview. The interview on the phone showed that the recruiter is not interested to ask question or it is just a reason for interviewing some one like and seems like the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain about your previous experience? At the end of the conversation, would you like to add anything further to this?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai.

Horrible and frustrating experience. Boasted hiring innovative personnel but really wanted to hire those they can control and who will follow the company's rules. Met with MIT alumni and other similarly "educated" personnel who touted their academics. Not a company and environment I felt that I can work happily and be creative.

Interview Questions
    • No behavioral or best fit questioning. Requirements of detailed explanations of algorithms that are taught and used only in graduate schools and not in the field. Having frequently been on the hiring side and having multiple academic degrees as well, I understand they are trying to weed out posers, but unfortunately, they weed out common sense, practicality and experienced professionals with familiarity in qualifying business products. Their methods only exposed that they were really looking for drones to fill their lines.   Answer Question

Not conducive to a happily balanced work environment

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akamai.

Technical Interview with a random software engineer followed by a technical interview with a manager. The first manager who interviewed me decided to pass, but I was matched with another manager within a week. The second manager interviewed me, and I was offered an internship on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a linked list.
      I don't remember the other questions I was asked.
      They were fairly simple algorithm questions though.

Answer Question
    I was called by a recruiter and she listed off the salary and benefits giving me time to interject if I wanted to. The offer I was given was much more than I was expecting so I was completely happy not trying to negotiate for more more money.

User Experience Design Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

Akamai contacted my maters program (ITP-NYU) with the job description and selected a hand-full of applicants to interview in person a few weeks later. About 2 weeks after the interview I was offered the position

Interview Questions
    • there weren't any technical questions. they just asked me to show my most recent work and talk about previous positions.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in September 2013.

First one phone screening interview like basic networking and perl questions and then one technical interview over phone for 30 to 40 minutes duration. The next day they asked me to come for onsite interview and it is like 4 rounds of technical and each one is 45 minutes longer. This position requires knowledge in Perl, Base Scripting, Linux and Networking. Asked some white board scripting,reg exp, list and functions in perl. Overall its a very good interview. I enjoyed thoroughly.