Akamai QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

3.4

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got the email for the phone screening from the recruiter, did the screening with the recruiter (basic networking and linux questions). Got to the second round of phone interview and suddenly a shock. I applied for SDET position and interviewed with the recruiter for that position as it was with C/C++ and got the email for the 2nd interview for QA test engineer with Perl scripting. Interviewer was talking in a very low pitch voice that I couldn't figure out what he was asking at one go. Basic networking questions and two analytical thinking which is no where close to what the company does. I mean why do you need to ask those insane questions if all you are gonna do is technical things. Got one right and got one wrong! I wouldn't suggest this company to a friend!

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

First one phone screening interview like basic networking and perl questions and then one technical interview over phone for 30 to 40 minutes duration. The next day they asked me to come for onsite interview and it is like 4 rounds of technical and each one is 45 minutes longer. This position requires knowledge in Perl, Base Scripting, Linux and Networking. Asked some white board scripting,reg exp, list and functions in perl. Overall its a very good interview. I enjoyed thoroughly.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1:1 interview. 1st phone interview was basic Linux based questions ,2nd interview was taken by team lead on background research and experience. 1:1 was 5 hours long. coding on whiteboard , info of their team and what they do , linux /scripting questions and some problem solving QA questions.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from Akamai. They took 3 days to shortlist my profile. Then There was1 Telephonic round to check my QA skills. Mainly the interviewer asked some logical questions. Then hr called me to come to Akmai office for couple of technical rounds. There were 2 technical rounds followed by one techno manager round and one director round.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Akamai (Bangalore (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First round had 3 sections with time limit for each section First section 20 aptitude questions - 25 min section 2 - 28 technical questions - 45 min section 3 - 3 coding questions and 1 question for writing ER Diagram - 20 min 25 were selected at the End of First round Round 2 and Round 3: It started really late , so they did not spend much time on the participants who were called at the End. Questions were pretty simple and straight forward.Mostly about Networking. 1.Different layers of OSI model 2.Working of DNS 3.What happens when we type a URL. 4.Explain about triggers , UPDATE function , DROP , DELETE function. 5.code to reverse string 6.Left outer Join , Right outer Join. 7.Unix commands.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult except their selection was UN-understandable   Answer Question