Akamai QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai in August 2014.

Applied online, got the email for the phone screening from the recruiter, did the screening with the recruiter (basic networking and linux questions). Got to the second round of phone interview and suddenly a shock. I applied for SDET position and interviewed with the recruiter for that position as it was with C/C++ and got the email for the 2nd interview for QA test engineer with Perl scripting.
Interviewer was talking in a very low pitch voice that I couldn't figure out what he was asking at one go. Basic networking questions and two analytical thinking which is no where close to what the company does. I mean why do you need to ask those insane questions if all you are gonna do is technical things. Got one right and got one wrong!
I wouldn't suggest this company to a friend!

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in September 2013.

First one phone screening interview like basic networking and perl questions and then one technical interview over phone for 30 to 40 minutes duration. The next day they asked me to come for onsite interview and it is like 4 rounds of technical and each one is 45 minutes longer. This position requires knowledge in Perl, Base Scripting, Linux and Networking. Asked some white board scripting,reg exp, list and functions in perl. Overall its a very good interview. I enjoyed thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Akamai in February 2012.

2 phone interviews and then 1:1 interview.
     1st phone interview was basic Linux based questions ,2nd interview was taken by team lead on background research and experience.
    1:1 was 5 hours long.
    coding on whiteboard , info of their team and what they do , linux /scripting questions and some problem solving QA questions.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Akamai in August 2012.

First round had 3 sections with time limit for each section
    First section 20 aptitude questions - 25 min
    section 2 - 28 technical questions - 45 min
    section 3 - 3 coding questions and 1 question for writing ER Diagram - 20 min
    25 were selected at the End of First round

Round 2 and Round 3: It started really late , so they did not spend much time on the participants who were called at the End.
    Questions were pretty simple and straight forward.Mostly about Networking.
    1.Different layers of OSI model
    2.Working of DNS
    3.What happens when we type a URL.
    4.Explain about triggers , UPDATE function , DROP , DELETE function.
    5.code to reverse string
    6.Left outer Join , Right outer Join.
    7.Unix commands.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult except their selection was UN-understandable   Answer Question