Akamai

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Akamai in September 2013.

Interview Details – First one phone screening interview like basic networking and perl questions and then one technical interview over phone for 30 to 40 minutes duration. The next day they asked me to come for onsite interview and it is like 4 rounds of technical and each one is 45 minutes longer. This position requires knowledge in Perl, Base Scripting, Linux and Networking. Asked some white board scripting,reg exp, list and functions in perl. Overall its a very good interview. I enjoyed thoroughly.

Interview Question – root cause errors for split horizon in rip   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Akamai in February 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and then 1:1 interview.
 1st phone interview was basic Linux based questions ,2nd interview was taken by team lead on background research and experience.
1:1 was 5 hours long.
coding on whiteboard , info of their team and what they do , linux /scripting questions and some problem solving QA questions.

Interview Question – Linux commands .Shell bash scripting ,python   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Akamai in August 2012.

Interview Details – First round had 3 sections with time limit for each section
First section 20 aptitude questions - 25 min
section 2 - 28 technical questions - 45 min
section 3 - 3 coding questions and 1 question for writing ER Diagram - 20 min
25 were selected at the End of First round

Round 2 and Round 3: It started really late , so they did not spend much time on the participants who were called at the End.
Questions were pretty simple and straight forward.Mostly about Networking.
1.Different layers of OSI model
2.Working of DNS
3.What happens when we type a URL.
4.Explain about triggers , UPDATE function , DROP , DELETE function.
5.code to reverse string
6.Left outer Join , Right outer Join.
7.Unix commands.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult except their selection was UN-understandable   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Akamai

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!

Akamai – Why Work for Us?

At Akamai, "Faster Forward" is how we approach everything we do, every challenge we undertake, each problem we tackle. Most of all, it's how we approach our careers, and our culture. Founded in the lecture halls and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Akamai QA Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Akamai employees and interview candidates.