Akamai

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Software Engineer
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Akamai in April 2011.

Interview Details – Followed employee referral. First did technical phone screen with hiring manager, this consisted of discussion of background potential work once in the position and scheduling optimization question. Brought in to interview with two groups, this was done over 3/4 of a day in a series of two person team sessions with a break for lunch with the managers from both groups Questions included fundamental computer science including networking, algorithm design, and threading and race condition prevention in addition to optimal scheduling though experiment. Discovered afterwards that this question just appeared in the Huffington Post article "15 Ridiculously Hard Job Interview Questions From Top Employers Like Google, Goldman Sachs."

Interview Question – Out of 25 horses, pick the fastest 3 horses. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time. What is the minimum number of races required?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiation was possible although limited after an offer was proffered. You need to set a clear expectation before the first paper offer is sent out.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Akamai

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!

Akamai – Why Work for Us?

At Akamai, "Faster Forward" is how we approach everything we do, every challenge we undertake, each problem we tackle. Most of all, it's how we approach our careers, and our culture. Founded in the lecture halls and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Akamai Senior Systems Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Akamai employees and interview candidates.