Akamai Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted the resume via their website. The HR person contacted me and described the opportunities at the company and mentioned R&D department. We had a followup screening phone call which went well. Then, they asked me to come in the office for the onside interview. I met the team members and looked at the office. They sent the background check documents I had to fill in before they can make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the HashTable; What is its complexity? How do you improve the performance?   Answer Question
  • Explain what happens after the user submits the URL in the browser.   Answer Question
  • What's IP? How does it work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted in 2-3 weeks. Had a phone interview. 3-4 on site interviews. The process was fast. Phone interview: data structures, algorithms, networking, security, c On site: data structures, algorithms, c, network programming

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A phone call is required after my application. The manager call me and have a 30 minutes chat. He ask me some basic questions like why akamai? who are you? Do you know how Akamai works? At last he ask me a technical question that what is cache policy. Unfortunately, I do not get a idea at that time.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a recruiter call and answered something about my research interest and basic programming skills. And the recruiter said she would forward my resume to some of the group leaders to see if they would be interested. After two week, I still didn't got any response.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very lengthy process.Took about 2 months and never got an update on time and finally after calling the HR got to know that the position was filled. Lack of basic courtesy to keep candidate informed about the status.

Interview Questions

• Had about 7 rounds of telephonc interviews/discussions (2 of them after onsite inteview)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akamai in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and one of their representatives, a senior software engineer, called me in 10 days. He mostly asked about my background, my thesis, my skills. He was mostly interested in knowing if I knew machine learning and how well. Did not ask any technical questions. Other topics he asked questions about included TCP/IP, programming in C++/Java, understanding of algorithms. He asked about any large-scale software projects that I have worked on, then asked questions about that project in detailed, asked what the challenges were and how I approached the design.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I asked my professor to recommend. Several days later, I got an call from HR, asking me some non-technical problems, like when to graduate, pretty easy. After that, she sent me an email about the direct onsite interview with three interviewee, each for half an hour, and made the schedule.

Interview Questions

• First one about data structure, and algorithm related problem. Second one showed me some codes, and asked me to point out the possible bug. Thirdly, Principle QA asked questions in networking, like 3-way handshaking, DNS, and asked me to write a function on whiteboard, and corrected my code.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Contacted by internal recruiter to schedule a screening. Entire process consisted of phone screening from internal recruiter followed up by an in-person interview and then 2-3 phone interviews with the hiring manager and his manager. Entire process took around 4-5 weeks from first touch to hiring. Nothing too out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• IP and TCP Concepts and data Structures   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied for SDE positions. My recruiter didn't schedule any appointment though email, instead, he called directly and it was really unexpected. Fortunately, I answered, but was told about QA position and was encouraged to apply. Made you feel like you are the best candidate for them. Asked about my current salary, and boasted how high their salary is. But once you expressed your interest in your original position, they will just refer to you to another hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• 10 fundamental questions about networking and TCP/IP and 10 for linux bash   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (San Mateo, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with recruiters. One phone interview with an (arrogant) hiring manager. No courtesy or notification of acceptance or rejection after the interview, very rude. After no news for 2 weeks, these jokers sent me an email to complete an EEO application! Akamai sucks!

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? How do you work with difficult people?   1 Answer