Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Akamai
- Software Engineer (26)
- Senior Software Engineer (14)
- Systems Software Engineer (9)
- Technical Project Manager (9)
- Technical Support Engineer (7)
- Associate Solutions Architect (7)
- Applications Software Engineer (6)
- Product Manager (6)
- Intern (6)
- QA Engineer (5)
- Solutions Architect (5)
- Senior Solutions Architect (5)
- Customer Solutions Engineer (5)
- Client Service Manager (4)
- Senior Program Manager (4)
- Senior QA Engineer (4)
- Senior Performance Engineer (4)
- Senior Systems Software Engineer (3)
- Associate Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (3)
- Senior Technical Project Manager (3)
- Account Development Executive (3)
- Solutions Engineer (3)
- Relationship Manager (3)
- Network Engineer (2)
- Network Operations Engineer (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- Engagement Manager (2)
- Senior Solutions Engineer (2)
- Performance Engineer (2)
Solutions Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in September 2014.
HR > Hiring manager > Technical Interview > On-site interview with many people. The process seemed okay, but didn't end as I would of thought. They are trying to create an office collaborative culture. For my final interview they told me to come in and meet the team. I came into the local office, it was the size of a hotel room. I ended up just meeting 1 person and sat in a conference room the entire time and videoed with everyone else. Everyone else I interviewed with was across the country. Ultimately, the interview all went well on my side and feedback seemed great. Nothing hard, everything smooth. A couple days later the HR recruiter nicely followed up with me and said she was going to get feedback in the afternoon and let me know soon. 1 month later, I never heard back...
- Web technical questions you should understand if you are applying for this job Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Akamai
Solutions Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (San Mateo, CA).
I was referred by a friend at the company. I went through an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then I did a technical phone screen with the hiring manager, then I did an in-person with the hiring manager and finally I did a series of 5 interviews that ranged from technical to soft skills with a variety of employees at the company.
- There weren't any particularly difficult questions, though a strong background in TCP, DNS and HTTP are extremely helpful. I was applying for a job that requires both a good technical foundation but, also, requires good soft skills. Answer Question
I didn't negotiate very much, I typically don't. I take the approach of laying out my expectations at the beginning of the interview process of what I'm looking for in terms of compensation, benefits, time-off and then only negotiate if the offer doesn't match what I laid out in the beginning.
Solutions Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.
Hiring manager interview -> Tech interview -> Sr. Manager Interview