Akamai

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend at the company. I went through an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then I did a technical phone screen with the hiring manager, then I did an in-person with the hiring manager and finally I did a series of 5 interviews that ranged from technical to soft skills with a variety of employees at the company.

Interview Question – There weren't any particularly difficult questions, though a strong background in TCP, DNS and HTTP are extremely helpful. I was applying for a job that requires both a good technical foundation but, also, requires good soft skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate very much, I typically don't. I take the approach of laying out my expectations at the beginning of the interview process of what I'm looking for in terms of compensation, benefits, time-off and then only negotiate if the offer doesn't match what I laid out in the beginning.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Hiring manager interview -> Tech interview -> Sr. Manager Interview

Negotiation Details – Just accepted

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!