Akamai Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

3.3

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Akamai in September 2014.

HR > Hiring manager > Technical Interview > On-site interview with many people. The process seemed okay, but didn't end as I would of thought. They are trying to create an office collaborative culture. For my final interview they told me to come in and meet the team. I came into the local office, it was the size of a hotel room. I ended up just meeting 1 person and sat in a conference room the entire time and videoed with everyone else. Everyone else I interviewed with was across the country. Ultimately, the interview all went well on my side and feedback seemed great. Nothing hard, everything smooth. A couple days later the HR recruiter nicely followed up with me and said she was going to get feedback in the afternoon and let me know soon. 1 month later, I never heard back...

Interview Questions
  • Web technical questions you should understand if you are applying for this job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

I was referred by a friend at the company. I went through an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then I did a technical phone screen with the hiring manager, then I did an in-person with the hiring manager and finally I did a series of 5 interviews that ranged from technical to soft skills with a variety of employees at the company.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions, though a strong background in TCP, DNS and HTTP are extremely helpful. I was applying for a job that requires both a good technical foundation but, also, requires good soft skills.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate very much, I typically don't. I take the approach of laying out my expectations at the beginning of the interview process of what I'm looking for in terms of compensation, benefits, time-off and then only negotiate if the offer doesn't match what I laid out in the beginning.

Solutions Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

Hiring manager interview -> Tech interview -> Sr. Manager Interview