Akamai

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

Their recruitment process is very strange. First, a university recruiter from Cambridge, MA sent me an e-mail asking if I had the skills their required for this position - understanding of networking protocols, experience in JavaScript, PHP, CSS etc. He also asked me to provide a technical write-up on my experience in these tools and technologies. I believe I have strong experience in all the mentioned areas. So, I sent back an email with the technical write-up, but never heard back, although the recruiter mentioned that if I have the required skills (which I have) he WILL invite me to a pre-screen interview. This kind of recruiter's behaviour would be acceptable only for a much worse company, but not for a company like Akamai. The recruiter showed me no respect, first asking me to provide a detailed write-up and then not even spare 5 minutes to write back.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me to provide him a detailed technical write-up on my skills.   View Answer