Akamai

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview

Cambridge, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Akamai in March 2013.

Interview Details – Their recruitment process is very strange. First, a university recruiter from Cambridge, MA sent me an e-mail asking if I had the skills their required for this position - understanding of networking protocols, experience in JavaScript, PHP, CSS etc. He also asked me to provide a technical write-up on my experience in these tools and technologies. I believe I have strong experience in all the mentioned areas. So, I sent back an email with the technical write-up, but never heard back, although the recruiter mentioned that if I have the required skills (which I have) he WILL invite me to a pre-screen interview. This kind of recruiter's behaviour would be acceptable only for a much worse company, but not for a company like Akamai. The recruiter showed me no respect, first asking me to provide a detailed write-up and then not even spare 5 minutes to write back.

Interview Question – Asked me to provide him a detailed technical write-up on my skills.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Akamai

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!

Akamai – Why Work for Us?

At Akamai, "Faster Forward" is how we approach everything we do, every challenge we undertake, each problem we tackle. Most of all, it's how we approach our careers, and our culture. Founded in the lecture halls and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Akamai Systems Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Akamai employees and interview candidates.