Akamai

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.2

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Akamai.

Spoke with the recruiter and then the hiring manager along with another project manager.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were related to computer networks and what happens in the back when you type www.google.com for instance.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Akamai.

Recruiter contacted first, then phone interview with hiring manager (team leader). Got in-person interview and met 4 persons in 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about HTTP, DNS, HTML, caching. Project management experience, size, scope, difficulties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Akamai in February 2014.

The process was OK. The recruiter approached me because of my past CDN experience and expertise. The phone interview with the recruiter went well; The interview with the hiring manager was very weird. Basically he didn't leave me to talk, mentioning that I was too qualified / senior for that role... It was one of the weirdest interview of my life. Also, after that experience I realised that some companies might talk to each other about candidates, eg., via LinkedIn. When Akamai decided to don't follow up with me, also Ooyala stopped to interview me with a silly excuse - even tho that position is still open. It happened other two times to me and a couple of friend of mine have the same feeling.

Interview Questions
    • None. It a bit difficult to deal with a silly hiring manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Akamai in December 2013.

This is the second time that I have gone through the interview process with Akamai. They are known for the process being long. The first time I was offered a position at another company before I finished the interview process. This time they asked more technical questions and the details on the actual job seems like it is more of a Technical Production Manager role than Project Manager. By the information provided beyond the job description Akamai's version of a project management role focuses more on interfacing with the technology and leading repetitive short projects rather than focusing on people, schedule, and process in development.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer questions on TCI/IP, HTTP protocols, ports, and server responses in the first round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Akamai in April 2013.

3 interviews - phone screen with HR, In person meeting with manager, peers and technical interviews (lasted several hours), follow up phone interview with manager. straight forward interview process. most of the interview they are looking for role experience, technical competency and related culture fit.

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Akamai.

two phone interviews and full day in-person interview with five people. Very professional and nice people.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Akamai in February 2012.

I got a call back from the HR recruiter for basic employment history. Moved to next interview with a hiring manager in California who passed me onto a technical interview a few days later. The technical interview was rediculously - asked 'gotcha' questions, entries in dns zone file entries, response codes, host file entries, port numbers, what is a cookie, SSL certificate responses, etc. I thought the detail the interviewer was looking for was more appropriate for a systems engineer position and not a technical project manager position.

Interview Questions
    • response codes numbers and their meaning   Answer Question
    • details of the dns zone file - mx, ns, etc. I answered "ns=name server" then the next question was to get more specific of what type of ns. Also what is SOA   View Answers (2)

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Banga (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Banga (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Akamai in January 2013.

3 telephonic, 2 video conf., 3 face to face & 1 HR round. Total 9 rounds.
    Each round a min of 1 hour to a max of 3 hours. Whole process is for a duration of 4 months.
    The process is as if they are recruiting for an extraordinary job, but it is normal work & package too in par with Indian IT salary.
    So friends if you have so much free time to spend then you can proceed.
    The worst part is many times you need to ping these guys to proceed to next round :-(

Package