Akamai

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Akamai in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process was OK. The recruiter approached me because of my past CDN experience and expertise. The phone interview with the recruiter went well; The interview with the hiring manager was very weird. Basically he didn't leave me to talk, mentioning that I was too qualified / senior for that role... It was one of the weirdest interview of my life. Also, after that experience I realised that some companies might talk to each other about candidates, eg., via LinkedIn. When Akamai decided to don't follow up with me, also Ooyala stopped to interview me with a silly excuse - even tho that position is still open. It happened other two times to me and a couple of friend of mine have the same feeling.

Interview Question – None. It a bit difficult to deal with a silly hiring manager.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Spoke with the recruiter and then the hiring manager along with another project manager.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were related to computer networks and what happens in the back when you type www.google.com for instance.   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted first, then phone interview with hiring manager (team leader). Got in-person interview and met 4 persons in 3 hours.

Interview Question – Asked about HTTP, DNS, HTML, caching. Project management experience, size, scope, difficulties.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Akamai in December 2013.

Interview Details – This is the second time that I have gone through the interview process with Akamai. They are known for the process being long. The first time I was offered a position at another company before I finished the interview process. This time they asked more technical questions and the details on the actual job seems like it is more of a Technical Production Manager role than Project Manager. By the information provided beyond the job description Akamai's version of a project management role focuses more on interfacing with the technology and leading repetitive short projects rather than focusing on people, schedule, and process in development.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions on TCI/IP, HTTP protocols, ports, and server responses in the first round.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Akamai.

Interview Details – two phone interviews and full day in-person interview with five people. Very professional and nice people.

Interview Question – technical questions around network topology   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Akamai in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got a call back from the HR recruiter for basic employment history. Moved to next interview with a hiring manager in California who passed me onto a technical interview a few days later. The technical interview was rediculously - asked 'gotcha' questions, entries in dns zone file entries, response codes, host file entries, port numbers, what is a cookie, SSL certificate responses, etc. I thought the detail the interviewer was looking for was more appropriate for a systems engineer position and not a technical project manager position.

Interview Questions

• response codes numbers and their meaning   Answer Question
  • details of the dns zone file - mx, ns, etc. I answered "ns=name server" then the next question was to get more specific of what type of ns. Also what is SOA   View Answers (2)

Banga (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Akamai in January 2013.

Interview Details – 3 telephonic, 2 video conf., 3 face to face & 1 HR round. Total 9 rounds.
Each round a min of 1 hour to a max of 3 hours. Whole process is for a duration of 4 months.
The process is as if they are recruiting for an extraordinary job, but it is normal work & package too in par with Indian IT salary.
So friends if you have so much free time to spend then you can proceed.
The worst part is many times you need to ping these guys to proceed to next round :-(

Interview Question – nothing unexpected:-)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Package

Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Akamai in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process for a position in Europe: phone (2 interviews: HR in UK and Team Leader in US), meet team in person (1 afternoon, 4 interviews), phone (1 more interview with European Team Leader)
Bonus: smart people at an innovative company

Interview Question – I don't remember precise question but it can be very technical.   Answer Question

Worked for Akamai? Contribute to the Community!